The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Jordan Schroeder Have Parise Potential?

Pasific Coluseum

In almost every trade proposal I see Canucks fans including him in. Have we given up on him already?

Is he too small for your liking? Are you tired of him not proving his worth by making the Canucks roster?

Could it be like the Sedins in that Jordan become a late bloomer and eventually tear it up. As a comparable maybe Zach Parise. Both smaller centers, american, both 1st round draft picks etc...

I like Jordan Schroeder. I believe in the kid.

I think it was last year's pre-season he scored a nice goal. MG said months before the season ended that Schroeder would get a chance on the Canucks last year, but it never happened.

He had a pretty awesome year with the Wolves, and I only see him getting better.

I wouldn't Parise-status him though. Like the poster above, I'd maybe say Gionta.

I don't think size is an issue in todays NHL. It's his heart and devotion that I guess some people question. To compare him to Parise is a bit of a stretch as Parise is a superstar. JS can definetly be a good contributor, he has the skill set to become a solid NHL player. Personally I don't think he will be as good as Parise.

:lol:

No

As much as I want our players to succeed there's no way Schroeder will ever be a full time NHL'er. I've watched him plenty enough to realize it.

He struggles in both zones, can't forecheck, can't hold the puck, isn't gritty and just plain struggles.

I'm giving the kid one more season and then I'll write him off.

I find this pretty funny.

Zach Parise at 21 was a heck of a lot better than Schroder is now. He already had cracked the Devils roster, and proved to be a valuable contributer.

I have my doubts Schroeder will ever be a valuable player in the NHL, let alone one of Parises calibre.

No

As much as I want our players to succeed there's no way Schroeder will ever be a full time NHL'er. I've watched him plenty enough to realize it.

He struggles in both zones, can't forecheck, can't hold the puck, isn't gritty and just plain struggles.

No

I don't think size is an issue in todays NHL. It's his heart and devotion that I guess some people question. To compare him to Parise is a bit of a stretch as Parise is a superstar. JS can definetly be a good contributor, he has the skill set to become a solid NHL player. Personally I don't think he will be as good as Parise.

I find this pretty funny.

Zach Parise at 21 was a heck of a lot better than Schroder is now. He already had cracked the Devils roster, and proved to be a valuable contributer.

I have my doubts Schroeder will ever be a valuable player in the NHL, let alone one of Parises calibre.

Gillis has already pretty much confirmed that Schroeder will replace Kesler while he is injured. Hopefully he will make the most of his time and wow some people.

I have no problem with this line:

Booth - Kesler - Schroeder

He is a fantastic 'pass first' player and is no slouch in the defensive aspects of the game, either. I think having Kesler and Booth (being big, strong guys) playing with him will be perfect as they can clear space and let him do his work.

Archived