The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Jordan Schroeder Have Parise Potential?

Pasific Coluseum

With all the talk about his lack of heart and determination, I think people are forgetting that Schroeder was the captain of the US World Junior team that won gold, and became the highest scoring American in the World Juniors in the process. He's also shown a lot of class in the AHL and has improved his defensive game.

Having said all that, he was drafted for his passing and playmaking ability, not as a future superstar. He could definitely be a second line center, maybe even start this coming year before Kesler comes back, but he'll never be anything like Parise. Maybe... like a Koivu, or Gomez when he was good.

:lol:

No

As much as I want our players to succeed there's no way Josh Holden will ever be a full time NHL'er. I've watched him plenty enough to realize it.

He struggles in both zones, can't forecheck, can't hold the puck, isn't gritty and just plain struggles.

I'm giving the kid one more season and then I'll write him off.

How the hell do you know?

Tape?

What are you? in player development? "Roll the tape Gagner"

Everyone on CDC is foolishly optimistic, so why can't I be foolishly pessimistic?

Just throwing in some contrast.

Tortorella is the biggest crybaby in the history of professional sports.

So I get the name.

No

As much as I want our players to succeed there's no way Schroeder will ever be a full time NHL'er. I've watched him plenty enough to realize it.

He struggles in both zones, can't forecheck, can't hold the puck, isn't gritty and just plain struggles.

Hopefully Schroeder makes the club and fills in for Kesler until his return. If he busts then he busts and Gillis can pick up someone to fill the spot. If he never gets an opportunity then we will never know if he can play. Success in the AHL does not garantee success in the NHL. In the AHL prospects are sent there to learn the overall game and sometimes proving they are defensively responsible negates their offense to some degree. Suddenly being in the NHL with NHL wingers may be what Schroeder needs to take the next step.

Sorry but he was 3rd on scoring on the Wolves, behind such greats as Darren Haydar and Mark Mancari (he would have been behind Reinprecht had he not missed 14 games).

More than a handful of small statured career AHLers outperformed him such as the legendary Martin St. Pierre, T.J. Hensick, Keith Aucoin, Jamie Johnson and about a dozen other players 6ft. or under.

Schroeders size is going to limit him as a player. He will not be able to be an effective 2-Way player at the NHL level. If he wants to be a legitimate NHL player, he is going to have to show he has the tools to be able score. Right now, he does not have what it takes to do that.

No

As much as I want our players to succeed there's no way Schroeder will ever be a full time NHL'er. I've watched him plenty enough to realize it.

Archived