The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wouldnt mind another lockout?

hockey21383

I know that missing hockey for an ENTIRE year would be absolutely horrible and would pretty painful for alot of players and fans, but it would give us shot to get the 1st overall pick and draft Nathan Mackinnon just like how the Penguins drafted Crosby when they won that 30 team lottery. I know it's a pretty stupid idea but it would be pretty exciting. But if we were to end up with something like the 30th pick id be pissed.

I know that missing hockey for an ENTIRE year would be absolutely horrible and would pretty painful for alot of players and fans, but it would give us shot to get the 1st overall pick and draft Nathan Mackinnon just like how the Penguins drafted Crosby when they won that 30 team lottery. I know it's a pretty stupid idea but it would be pretty exciting. But if we were to end up with something like the 30th pick id be pissed.

I honestly think at least a partial work stoppage would be the best thing for the NHL. 82 games for the regular season is far too long anyways. Start the season up on January first with the outdoor game and I would be happy.

It doesn't work like that.. I can't remember the exact details but there was still some kind of higher odds for sh*tty teams. I think all non playoff teams got more balls in the draw and there was some way to take away balls if u had 1st overall picks in last 3yrs.. I dunno, google it cus I can't remember but I'm sure our chances are pretty slim if that happened

Archived