Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

UFC 148 - Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen - Saturday, July. 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

#1 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

Maybe, just maybe, one of the most entertaining matches you'll ever see in UFC history! Sure its got all the hype you can ask for, but its legitimate hype! Sonnen fought Silva in UFC 117 before and lost to a choke by Silva when Sonnen was dominating the fight for most the match. It was a sad way to lose it since he had the fight in the bag, but now, 31 UFC's later, the rematch will take place!

Can't even tell you guys how pumped I am to see this! Last time I was this pumped was when Chuck Lidell was in the UFC in his prime, says a lot about how much hype this match has got, positive hype. Sonnen's been trash talking for forever and has been getting under Silva's skin since the fight was made. Chael's got a unique personality for sure and its just awesome. I for one will be going for Sonnen, just because I'm tired of seeing Silva win and want to see what he'll (Chael) will say if he wins :lol:

If your not up to date, here you go:

Yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ83Dc8aIQ8&sns=fb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV2pmWpGUSg&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbtTDsYczZ0

2 months ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNEiy0fLVE

2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFpePVQ68FM

Chael Sonnen interview with Michael Landsberg 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL4W9o7RXA

Chael Sonnen interview with Michael Landsberg 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2bud5-GFmc&feature=related

Edited by The Sedin's 6th Sense, 04 July 2012 - 08:01 AM.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#2 CanucksHD

CanucksHD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

I really hope that Chael dominates and takes the title once and for all.
It's gonna be EPIC, CANNOT wait :frantic:

Edited by CanucksHD, 04 July 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#3 GarMonster

GarMonster

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Sonnen is great for the sport. I love all the smack-talk. Makes the promotions for the fight so easy!

Silva was indeed in trouble in that first fight, but he did what he does best and eventually got a hold of Chael and took him out. I think Anderson will be better prepared this time. If Chael DOES get a good shot in early, he may be able to take Anderson out.

Very much agree that this match is going to live up to all the hype. ...and by the way, GREAT material you posted! Very funny stuff.

#4 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

I always cheer for sonnen, but he's going to get destroyed.

#5 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

First fight in a very very very long time that I'll actually pay for download

UFC has been major garbage lately

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#6 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

I always cheer for sonnen, but he's going to get destroyed.

He nearly won the last time around. If he held on for like another 20 something seconds.
Posted Image

#7 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I hope Silva acts cocky and put his hands down like always and gets knocked the ....out!

Edited by hockeyville88, 04 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#8 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Amazing, watch it if you got time (1 hour)

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#9 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

He nearly won the last time around. If he held on for like another 20 something seconds.

That's why Silva's the champ, he ended the fight while Sonnen was trying to hold on.

#10 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

That's why Silva's the champ, he ended the fight while Sonnen was trying to hold on.

What? Don't make it seem as if Chael was moving away from Anderson and didn't want to lose - he dominated the whole match! I don't know what you were watching if you think Sonnen was

trying to hold on

Sonnen kicked his @ss and gave him the whooping of his life! He put Silva on the ground longer than all the fighters combined that fought Anderson. And again, to think Sonnen was "trying to hold on", that's just ridiculous....he never gave back and was ontop of him even during the last seconds of the fight....don't make bs excuses...

Edited by The Sedin's 6th Sense, 04 July 2012 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#11 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

What? Don't make it seem as if Chael was moving away from Anderson and didn't want to lose - he dominated the whole match! I don't know what you were watching if you think Sonnen was
Sonnen kicked his @ss and gave him the whooping of his life! He put Silva on the ground longer than all the fighters combined that fought Anderson. And again, to think Sonnen was "trying to hold on", that's just ridiculous....he never gave back and was ontop of him even during the last seconds of the fight....don't make bs excuses...

Read the post I was responding to....

"I'm like Jon Jones, I talk like Sean Combs, and I got trombone size stones like John Holmes".

Edited by playboi19, 04 July 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#12 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Read the post I was responding to....

"I'm like Jon Jones, I talk like Sean Combs, and I got trombone size stones like John Holmes".

? :blink:

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#13 Canucks_4_Cup

Canucks_4_Cup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I want Chael to win but this time around he will get his ass whooped because he's not on performance enhancers and Silva isn't injured like he was in their last fight.

#14 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Rooting for Chael all the way. I could care less if he loses, he's something I've never seen before, "A freak of nature".

Posted Image

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#15 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

? :blink:

???!???????????!?? :blink:

Edited by playboi19, 04 July 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#16 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Been a very long time since I've been this stoked for a fight. Anderson will effing destroy him this time around. My guess Chael comes at Anderson aggressively, but gets clocked real good and realizes just how dangerous Andy can be. Then Andy toys with him for a bit.

I really do see Anderson finishing this in the first round. I don't care how well Chael did the first time around.

TomBrady.jpg

#17 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

What are your guys predictions? I just have a feeling that this fight will not go all the way. These guys are too beast of fighters to let that happen, and ontop of it, both fighters have pure hatred towards one another and they can't stand each other.

Silva said he'll end it in the 1st round, first time I've seen him trash talk an opponent, probably because Sonnen got to his head. I'm just counting down...hurry upp!!! :P

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#18 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Been a very long time since I've been this stoked for a fight. Anderson will effing destroy him this time around. My guess Chael comes at Anderson aggressively, but gets clocked real good and realizes just how dangerous Andy can be. Then Andy toys with him for a bit.

I really do see Anderson finishing this in the first round. I don't care how well Chael did the first time around.

I see that too for some reason...Silva usually chills the 1st round and evaluates his opponent and then takes him out later on...he's learned from last fight not to do that and I know he'll come out pissed and aggressive when the match begins. On the other hand, Sonnen is the biggest workaholic I've ever seen and this guy doesn't break. He trains and trains and trains, and it's been 2 years and he's improved drastically....oh, what a fight this will be

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#19 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hopefully Chael wins. He IS the reason I follow the sport now.

#20 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

And who won? the Champ.

Don't forget that Anderson was fighting with a broken rib.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#21 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Chaels a total douche, hope he gets knocked out.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#22 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm excited to see if Anderson can live up to his word. He guaranteed Chael won't be able to walk out of the ring without help. Lol.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#23 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Chael is gonna get destroyed :)
Posted Image

#24 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hoping Anderson wins, moves us closer to Bones Jones vs Spider superfight.

#25 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hoping Anderson wins, moves us closer to Bones Jones vs Spider superfight.

Sonnen is the best challenge Silva will get ever. Don't think Jones would put up a good enough fight as Sonnen would.

Hoping Sonnen kicks ass. He's the reason I'm going to follow the sport, and Iove his personality - so cool and down. Guys a machine, he doesn't care about anything, and his goal is to kill his opponents. Silva is arguably one of the best there has been, I have tons of respect for him, but I just want to see him finally lose. Don't know why, he's amazing, but his time is up and it's time to hand the belt to a warrior.

Edited by The Sedin's 6th Sense, 04 July 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#26 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Anderson gets better every fight he's in. I think in the past he's been a bit guilty of getting bored and complacent, which is what happened in the first Sonnen fight. Honestly, the worst thing Sonnen could have done is get Anderson emotionally involved in the fight, and he did that x10.
Posted Image

#27 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Silva is one of my favorite fighters, i hope he wins.

Wow these two have been talking a lot of trash about eachother, should make for an
entertaining card this weekend...

#28 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

Silva will kill Sonnen. Last fight Sonnen showed and gave Silva his best and all he could handle, but he still failed.

Now we know what Sonnen is going to do, what more can he do or change from last fight after dominating Silva and still lose?

Sonnen has not seen the real Anderson Silva and the best he got, now he will.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#29 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

He laid on top of him for 20 minutes.
Posted Image

#30 smith80

smith80

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Well it looks like nobody really knows what to expect from this fight. Reading through the comments there seems to be about a 50/50 split in terms of who people are cheering for and/or who they think will win.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can cheer for Chael, other than him being a great wrestler. He is an arrogant prick who has yet to achieve anything significant in his career (yet) and he trash talks the Champ, a man who has defended the belt 9 straight times? Did anyone see Chael's last fight with Bisping? He looked awful and barely won. Or his fight with Maia? Or any of his other losses, 8 or which have come by either triangle or armbar? Yah, he's in a great position to call someone out the way he has. But, that's fine. It's all of the crap he talked about Brazilians that took it too far. I know he is trying to sell a fight, but, he just gives himself and other Americans a terrible name.

I can see this fight going one of two ways. And, it all hinges on whether Anderson can defend the intial few take downs. Last fight, Chael caught Anderson with a good, but somewhat fortunate shot which allowed Chael to secure that critical first takedown. Once Anderson had been on his back for a round and been beaten the way he was, it was damn near impossible to defend future
TDs. Make no mistake, Chael dominated 95% of that fight, but, he still lost. If he cannot secure that first takedown and keep him down, Anderson will likely destroy him on the feet. Either way, I think it'll be a beatdown, but, I've got to go with Silva on this one. Second round TKO.

Edited by smith80, 04 July 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.