The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFC 148 - Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen - Saturday, July. 7

Chael Sonnen is a world class wrestler. But to think that alone will equip you against a guy as multi talented and well rounded as Silva is such a mistake.

Silva once again shows why he's the best in the business, but wow, he sure showed off his ground game tonight. If he's that good on the ground and the best in the world standing up, his only enemy is father time.

Bah, I'm not an Anderson fan. He did what he had to do...I don't agree with the knee but he finished Chael.

I don't really get all the hate for Chael. It's all an act and he has done a damn good job hyping this fight. UFC needs guys like Chael.

I literally hated chael 2 months ago, but somehow he converted me into a fan. Disappointed to see him lose. He had the tools to finish but seemed to lose focus for a moment and got caught quickly.

Silva is just too good.

I'd like to see a 3rd fight between these two. Either that, or a Belfort rematch. Hopefully a Jones fight someday too.

Bah, I'm not an Anderson fan. He did what he had to do...I don't agree with the knee but he finished Chael.

I don't really get all the hate for Chael. It's all an act and he has done a damn good job hyping this fight. UFC needs guys like Chael.

I literally hated chael 2 months ago, but somehow he converted me into a fan. Disappointed to see him lose. He had the tools to finish but seemed to lose focus for a moment and got caught quickly.

Silva is just too good.

I'd like to see a 3rd fight between these two. Either that, or a Belfort rematch. Hopefully a Jones fight someday too.

Silva is just too good.

He does NOT have the tools to beat a healthy Silva. He literally showed his entire arsenal in the first round trying to utilize his wresting skills to ground and pound, but Silva's ground game is highly underrated and rendered Sonnen's only weapon useless. It's MIXED martial arts, not wrestling art, for a reason. Chael is a one trick pony that got exposed, and should probably just go back to sitting on the bench for the US wrestling team after not being able to back up all the smack talk he dished out.

Honestly, you insult a champion's legacy, his home country, his wife, everything about him. And then he spends the first round showing you all your effort and skill is not even close to good enough, and proceeds to knock you out.

That's why it's smart to just be humble and let your game do the talking. And if you lose, at least you won't look like an idiot. Kind of like Koscheck vs GSP on TUF. Josh talked a lot, George remained cool and ultimately beat the piss out of him months later.

He does NOT have the tools to beat a healthy Silva. He literally showed his entire arsenal in the first round trying to utilize his wresting skills to ground and pound, but Silva's ground game is highly underrated and rendered Sonnen's only weapon useless. It's MIXED martial arts, not wrestling art, for a reason. Chael is a one trick pony that got exposed, and should probably just go back to sitting on the bench for the US wrestling team after not being able to back up all the smack talk he dished out.

Honestly, you insult a champion's legacy, his home country, his wife, everything about him. And then he spends the first round showing you all your effort and skill is not even close to good enough, and proceeds to knock you out.

Archived