The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFC 148 - Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen - Saturday, July. 7

The idiot beat himself....Spinning back fist isn't going to work on Anderson Silva in the first place.

Second you're Chael Sonnen so why the hell are you throwing a spinning back fist.

He should have continued to smother him and pull him down to the ground. It's too bad because he looked poised to go 5 rounds again.

In 50 years people will be talking about how Silva was one of the best athletes of all time, it's embarassing that he's so taken for granted.

Like sonnen or not he's one hell of a fighter too.

He dominated silva in that first round. Just like he dominated silva for 4 and a half rounds in the last fight. So yeah, that's a capable enough tool for him to conceivably win the fight. Just because he didn't score a tko in round one doesn't mean it wasn't effective. That is part of mixed martial arts

You sound a little butthurt and a tad bias with that comment.

You seriously don't think the UFC wouldn't jump at the chance at a third fight? I haven't seen the figures yet, but this is probably the biggest selling ppv in years. If Chael wins another couple fights and Silva is still fighting, they would be all over that.

Chael is the only fighter that can actually win rounds against this guy. Not to mention he hypes fights like no other. This match up is a cash cow for the UFC.

He dominated silva in that first round. Just like he dominated silva for 4 and a half rounds in the last fight. So yeah, that's a capable enough tool for him to conceivably win the fight. Just because he didn't score a tko in round one doesn't mean it wasn't effective. That is part of mixed martial arts

You sound a little butthurt and a tad bias with that comment.

Why would I be "butthurt", Silva won both fights, one fighting with a broken rib.

And sorry, there was no domination by Chael tonight. You need to educate yourself on the sport a little more before you go off making these comments. Anderson's ground defense completely negated any sort of attack Sonnen had, and caused Sonnen to waste all his energy without accomplishing anything other than winning the round. And then Anderson came out in the second, displayed outstanding take down defense, and finished him off with world class striking ability.

Lol at "butthurt".

Regardless of how Mike "Bob Cole" Goldberg and Joe "Premature Finish" Rogan called it, Chael did very little to Anderson that first round. He thought he'd get away with his wrestling only and smother a 100% healthy Anderson. Anderson's guard tonight proved that he is in a different class than Chael. Was very happy to see him get TKO'd.

As far as Sonnen is concerned, I still think he's a top 10 MW for sure. I'd love to see Chael take on Vitor Belfort or Wanderlei Silva. I'd say Rich Franklin or Alan Belcher too, but they're both coming off wins.

On a side note, how bad did Patrick Cote look tonight?? Pathetic IMO. No attack at all, against a very one-trick-pony Le. Kick, kick, kick. Cote had many chances to attack, but didn't. He looked like garbage and now I see why he's already been cut from the UFC twice.

Tito/Forrest was very meh. Forrest may be the easiest guy in history to knock down. He was just lucky Tito was gassed and has fists made of pillows. Great career though.

Damn, what an awesome day for the UFC today and I can't tell you guys how much this main event got me hooked back to the UFC.

Silva is the champ, Sonnen's the closest that's ever got to him. I know I was going for Sonnen, but you guys I know I didn't care if he lost - I said it earlier, I could care less if he loses, Sonnen's just a beast and I love him. His personality is great, he's the hardest trainer I've ever seen - swear to God - and it's something I enjoy seeing in him and I admire.

Sonnen's a role model to me, so is Silva, and I just love the guy, plain and simple. I never have hated Silva and never will - he is the best fighter the conpany's ever had and even though he is neutral to in my eyes/ someone I don't hate, I honestly wasn't following this sport since UFC 117 when it was Sliva vs Sonnen 1. Sonnen lit the switch for UFC fans world wide and it showed this UFC - most weigh in views, a million more. Most views the week leading up. Most views on the day of the event. Most media ever involved....Sonnen single handily put UFC back on the map with Silva today.

Sonnen is a cocky guy, but hey, you can say anything leading up to a fight until its over with, and it's exactly what he did. Afterwards, he was loyal and humble and you all saw it. The guy really is a great guy - I've met him before, latest 4 months ago when I was at a personal camp of his - but people just don't see it due to the media. He'll say he hates this guy that guy etc, but when you ask him later, he'll tell you he likes everyone but does it cause he can - its just leading up to a fight, that's all.

For you ignorant people that will still bash Sonnen, go for it, will tell us a lot about yourselves so don't be judging cause you weren't the one(s) fighting, only fighters get to do the talking and afterwards, they'll take it like men and it showed again today.

Love Sonnen with all my heart, guy is my role model for training and fighting, and I look forward to meeting him 7-9 weeks for another meetup with him. And for everyone saying he won't retire - obviously he's not: he is a man and is willing to retire, but after all these record breaking numbers today, Dana won't let him retire and will want to keep him / that's why he won't retire cause Dana won't let him, and you can take this for what it is cause Chael told me last time we met...

What? Don't make it seem as if Chael was moving away from Anderson and didn't want to lose - he dominated the whole match! I don't know what you were watching if you think Sonnen was

Sonnen kicked his @ss and gave him the whooping of his life! He put Silva on the ground longer than all the fighters combined that fought Anderson. And again, to think Sonnen was "trying to hold on", that's just ridiculous....he never gave back and was ontop of him even during the last seconds of the fight....don't make bs excuses...

LOL, stfu, seriously. Not trying/wanting to start a cyber fight, but if you really mean that, your just a biased Silva fan and can't look at the reality of things, just like most Canucks fans...

Tell me why he doesn't have the tools to beat him? He controlled the whole first round and only lost cause he was willing to take a chance which ended up screwing him....lol, pathetic response. His wrestling is a tool that can single handedly beat Silva, but obviously wasn't good enough this time.

LOL, stfu, seriously. Not trying/wanting to start a cyber fight, but if you really mean that, your just a biased Silva fan and can't look at the reality of things, just like most Canucks fans...

Tell me why he doesn't have the tools to beat him? He controlled the whole first round and only lost cause he was willing to take a chance which ended up screwing him....lol, pathetic response. His wrestling is a tool that can single handedly beat Silva, but obviously wasn't good enough this time.

Archived