The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFC 148 - Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen - Saturday, July. 7

Not sure why Sonnen went for that spinning back fist. He took a chance with it but things like that are hard to pull off in a normal fight let alone against Silva. He was looking good while he was sticking to his guns and wrestling. He might have wore Silva down with another few rounds of that. But he got stuffed once and decided to go off the board and payed for it. Hopefully he will be back and not take this loss to hard, he is great for the UFC. I still wanted Silva to win though. Some people might find a fight like that boring but that’s why GSP is such a successful fighter. He makes a plan that plays with his strengths and doesn’t deviate even though it might not get him the KO but it gets him the win. In the end it was an amazing night for the UFC. Can’t wait to see who Silva fights next or Sonnen for that matter.

Not sure why Sonnen went for that spinning back fist. He took a chance with it but things like that are hard to pull off in a normal fight let alone against Silva. He was looking good while he was sticking to his guns and wrestling. He might have wore Silva down with another few rounds of that. But he got stuffed once and decided to go off the board and payed for it. Hopefully he will be back and not take this loss to hard, he is great for the UFC. I still wanted Silva to win though. Some people might find a fight like that boring but that's why GSP is such a successful fighter. He makes a plan that plays with his strengths and doesn't deviate even though it might not get him the KO but it gets him the win. In the end it was an amazing night for the UFC. Can't wait to see who Silva fights next or Sonnen for that matter.

Isnt Silva kinda like the bully fighting smaller men?

He should be in the weight class above, He won both of those fights too.

He should be kicked out of His weight class,

I think he stays in it for the Glory and $ and not the challange and sportsmanship?.

To suggest GSP fight him is not fair to GSP. He is actually 3 weight classes down from Silva in my opinion

To me he is like the "ultimate" sandbagger.

Obviously,not everyone will agree,as we all have our own opinions,This is only my opinion

Isnt Silva kinda like the bully fighting smaller men?

He should be in the weight class above, He won both of those fights too.

He should be kicked out of His weight class,

I think he stays in it for the Glory and $ and not the challange and sportsmanship?.

To suggest GSP fight him is not fair to GSP. He is actually 3 weight classes down from Silva in my opinion

To me he is like the "ultimate" sandbagger.

Obviously,not everyone will agree,as we all have our own opinions,This is only my opinion

A.S. is 6'2" and most muscular athletes at that height will easily be over 200 lbs, even with a lanky frame. AS in shape is around 215 -225 which makes him a natural LHW. (since weight cutting assumes 'natural' is one class above) Silva seems skinny at MW, but his frame quite naturally fills out with more muscle as it does when he is not dieting. In fact, if Silva filled out like GSP with muscle, I believe his frame could hold 240 lbs. (in shape) When he fought Griffin or Irvin, no sane fan would claim he looked smaller by comparison to either fighter.

GSP at 5'10" is not as lanky and more compact, and appears to walk around at close to his natural maximum weight. (in shape) GSP is medium sized in his division compared to John Fitch, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy etc.

If GSP moved up to MW, he would be on the smaller side for most MWs, while when Silva moved up, he seemed a natural LHW and did not seem undersized.

A.S.is a Professional and should be a sportsman and move on to bigger challanges.

Playing Sports,You should want to push Yourself to be better

Its like Gretzky playing in the AHL/KHL ( Why? when he could dominate the NHL too)

Quit sandbagging,forget Your ego,and try and dominate the next class

Jones would probably beat Silva, because of his wrestling. But they will never fight because they're bff.

Sugar has great wrestling just like Sonnen, but he also has KO power. If he isn't stupid and doesn't stand like he did with Machida he'll win.

Archived