The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFC 148 - Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen - Saturday, July. 7

Maybe, just maybe, one of the most entertaining matches you'll ever see in UFC history! Sure its got all the hype you can ask for, but its legitimate hype! Sonnen fought Silva in UFC 117 before and lost to a choke by Silva when Sonnen was dominating the fight for most the match. It was a sad way to lose it since he had the fight in the bag, but now, 31 UFC's later, the rematch will take place!

Can't even tell you guys how pumped I am to see this! Last time I was this pumped was when Chuck Lidell was in the UFC in his prime, says a lot about how much hype this match has got, positive hype. Sonnen's been trash talking for forever and has been getting under Silva's skin since the fight was made. Chael's got a unique personality for sure and its just awesome. I for one will be going for Sonnen, just because I'm tired of seeing Silva win and want to see what he'll (Chael) will say if he wins :lol:

If your not up to date, here you go:

Yesterday:

2 months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNEiy0fLVE

2010:

Chael Sonnen interview with Michael Landsberg 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL4W9o7RXA

Chael Sonnen interview with Michael Landsberg 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2bud5-GFmc&feature=related

Sonnen is great for the sport. I love all the smack-talk. Makes the promotions for the fight so easy!

Silva was indeed in trouble in that first fight, but he did what he does best and eventually got a hold of Chael and took him out. I think Anderson will be better prepared this time. If Chael DOES get a good shot in early, he may be able to take Anderson out.

Very much agree that this match is going to live up to all the hype. ...and by the way, GREAT material you posted! Very funny stuff.

What? Don't make it seem as if Chael was moving away from Anderson and didn't want to lose - he dominated the whole match! I don't know what you were watching if you think Sonnen was

Sonnen kicked his @ss and gave him the whooping of his life! He put Silva on the ground longer than all the fighters combined that fought Anderson. And again, to think Sonnen was "trying to hold on", that's just ridiculous....he never gave back and was ontop of him even during the last seconds of the fight....don't make bs excuses...

Been a very long time since I've been this stoked for a fight. Anderson will effing destroy him this time around. My guess Chael comes at Anderson aggressively, but gets clocked real good and realizes just how dangerous Andy can be. Then Andy toys with him for a bit.

I really do see Anderson finishing this in the first round. I don't care how well Chael did the first time around.

What are your guys predictions? I just have a feeling that this fight will not go all the way. These guys are too beast of fighters to let that happen, and ontop of it, both fighters have pure hatred towards one another and they can't stand each other.

Silva said he'll end it in the 1st round, first time I've seen him trash talk an opponent, probably because Sonnen got to his head. I'm just counting down...hurry upp!!! :P

Been a very long time since I've been this stoked for a fight. Anderson will effing destroy him this time around. My guess Chael comes at Anderson aggressively, but gets clocked real good and realizes just how dangerous Andy can be. Then Andy toys with him for a bit.

I really do see Anderson finishing this in the first round. I don't care how well Chael did the first time around.

What? Don't make it seem as if Chael was moving away from Anderson and didn't want to lose - he dominated the whole match! I don't know what you were watching if you think Sonnen was

Sonnen kicked his @ss and gave him the whooping of his life! He put Silva on the ground longer than all the fighters combined that fought Anderson. And again, to think Sonnen was "trying to hold on", that's just ridiculous....he never gave back and was ontop of him even during the last seconds of the fight....don't make bs excuses...

Archived