The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Parise is a Wild

I wouldn't say Minny would be a cup contender, but this definitely gives them a core that they didn't really have previous to this.

Parise is from Minnesota, apparently he made the decision first and then convinced Suter. They have pieces of the puzzle now but not the whole picture.

I don't see franson saving the day either, he needs mentoring. Some old rock solid vets to guide him in.

I team like ours would be good except we have tanev, connaughton, Sauve coming up too and our depth guys that he would have to compete with for ice time and he's already impatient with TO for not playing him.

Minny probably isn't done yet, they need some solid help on the back end. And not a project like franson, they need established top 4 guys before they become a scary team

I wouldn't say Minny would be a cup contender, but this definitely gives them a core that they didn't really have previous to this.

Parise is from Minnesota, apparently he made the decision first and then convinced Suter. They have pieces of the puzzle now but not the whole picture.

Anyone else just think Parise and Suter have become so grossly overrated this free agency season?

From what I remember, we all wanted him on our 2nd line a year back (before he made it to the finals)... Since when do 2nd liners make 7.5 mill? He's a 70 point scorer. I really don't think he's worth anything close to a 13 year or 7.5 mill cap hit.

Suter as well. I always believed he was a product of Weber. I guess we'll find out, but one things for certain.. When 2 guys like this get contracts this big, it really scares me at what we'll have to throw at players in the future just to sign any big names,

Yup, don't worget the wild just didn't add those 2 guys in the offseason. In the forward lines, the Wild will also have Granlund and Croyle.

I don't think anybodys mentioned this but the real winners this offseason are Canuck season ticket holders and scalpers. Stars, Wild and Oilers games just got a little easier to get rid off LOL

Archived