The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Parise is a Wild

Lol, Stars weren't so bad last year, but yeah I'll actually be looking forward to these games now. Oilers still don't have goaltending so I'll say it now, they won't make the playoffs.

Colorado will be a dark horse for sure.

NW Division looks to be getting stronger...even with the addition of Suter, Minny's back end still looks like its Achilles heal. Suter can probably log Doughty type of minutes and be effective with that amount of ice-time, so maybe that won't be such a big issue for them. Their top six forwards look really good.

So far, replacing Salo with Garrison has been a good start for the Canucks...we need to make a few moves up front (i.e., find suitable replacement for Kesler at centre -- who can hopefully double as a top six forward upon Kesler's return --, add size/youth/skill on fourth line) and we should be able to maintain our top position in the northwest.

Even with the upgrades made by other NW teams, I think 100-102 points will get us the division title and give us third seed for the 2013 playoffs...that's a 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 game slide from this past regular season. We should be capable of achieving that.

That is a bad argument.  Hypothetical:  if you have the top two players on your team you can't crap on the 2nd best player by saying "He's not even #1 on his own team!" when he'd be a #1 on any of the other 29 teams in the league.

I'm starting to think these guys might both be in the closet.... I don't know of anyone, close friend or otherwise that I would want to commit the next 13 years of my life with.

Anyways I realize it's a crazy proposal. I'm pretty far Left so don't assume bigotry.

Anyone else just think Parise and Suter have become so grossly overrated this free agency season?

From what I remember, we all wanted him on our 2nd line a year back (before he made it to the finals)... Since when do 2nd liners make 7.5 mill? He's a 70 point scorer. I really don't think he's worth anything close to a 13 year or 7.5 mill cap hit.

Suter as well. I always believed he was a product of Weber. I guess we'll find out, but one things for certain.. When 2 guys like this get contracts this big, it really scares me at what we'll have to throw at players in the future just to sign any big names,

Archived