Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italia2006

Do you guys think we go hard after Weber now?

156 posts in this topic

I'm sure Hamhuis and Weber talk. If Weber wanted or wants to come here, the Canucks would know by now. I think there is no way Kesler is anywhere close to going to Nashville. He's our heart and soul of this team.

Maybe we make a 3 way deal involving Luongo to get Weber or we make two seperate deals and get younger and stronger in 2 different deals.

I could see Edler, Booth, Schroeder being involved in a deal for Weber.

Parise is from Minnesota. Guys like to play in their home cities. Hamhuis and Garrison did. They both could of signed for more money else where. I think Webber will be the same.

No, I dont want a team with a 30 million dollar defence and no one to score. We are already spending more than just about all other teams in that area. With Kesler out we need a viable goal scorer otherwise prepare for a season on 1-0 wins and losses. No thanks.

Weber's home city is NOT Vancouver. According to Google maps, Sicamous is actually slightly closer to Calgary than it is to Vancouver.

Weber's home city is NOT Vancouver. According to Google maps, Sicamous is actually slightly closer to Calgary than it is to Vancouver.

No, I dont want a team with a 30 million dollar defence and no one to score. We are already spending more than just about all other teams in that area. With Kesler out we need a viable goal scorer otherwise prepare for a season on 1-0 wins and losses. No thanks.

OP, please, correct the name in the topic. It ruins the topic.

I hate when people are sloppy and disrespectful to others by not bothering to look up the correct spelling of a name. Or just being ignorant and stupid generally.

Kessler, Shnider, Loungo, Bjugsad, Van Rimsdick, Sutter, Webber, Borrows, Selanee, Hogson and so on...

Weber's home city is NOT Vancouver.  According to Google maps, Sicamous is actually slightly closer to Calgary than it is to Vancouver.

OP, please, correct the name in the topic. It ruins the topic.

I hate when people are sloppy and disrespectful to others by not bothering to look up the correct spelling of a name. Or just being ignorant and stupid generally.

Kessler, Shnider, Loungo, Bjugsad, Van Rimsdick, Sutter, Webber, Borrows, Selanee, Hogson and so on...

No way were getting Weber, Gillis will want him to sign for nothing because he expects everyone to take huge discounts to play in Vancouver.

If Weber hits the market, MG should offer 5 years 35m and gauranteed Jersey retirement after his career is over lol

Once again...

Who's the second line center when we move Kes?

I posted this in another thread, then went on here and read some similar-minded people....

If Weber is interested in coming to Vancouver, I can't see us signing both him and Edler... let Edler go and absorb the difference between Edler and Weber's salaries (2-3 mil?) and you're left with...

Hamhus-Weber

Bieska-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

with Connauton and Sauve in the wings. I'd take that for an extra 2-3 mil that you'll have to pay Weber over Edler.

Once again...

Who's the second line center when we move Kes?

Fill one hole only to create another.