The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you guys think we go hard after Weber now?

Italia2006

i want weber more than anyone...more then ryan, more then morrow, more then doan, more then marleau, more then nash (by far), more then i wanted parise or suter and more then i want any player who is playing in the nhl

he would complete the canucks....

he isnt signing in nashville there isnt a doubt in my mind...he already has his bags packed

nsh isnt gonna give det an advantage by trading him to them so you can cross the possibility off the list

to van: weber

to nsh: edler, tanev, booth, 1st pick 2013, 1st pick 2014

hamhuis-weber

garrison-bieksa

ballard-xxxxxx

alberts-xxxxxx

dont forget he is an RFA so he is virtually signed for the upcoming year and if for whatever reason he doesnt wanna come home then you dont wimper and whine and you trade him for the same value you got him for

i want weber more than anyone...more then ryan, more then morrow, more then doan, more then marleau, more then nash (by far), more then i wanted parise or suter and more then i want any player who is playing in the nhl

he would complete the canucks....

he isnt signing in nashville there isnt a doubt in my mind...he already has his bags packed

nsh isnt gonna give det an advantage by trading him to them so you can cross the possibility off the list

to van: weber

to nsh: edler, tanev, booth, 1st pick 2013, 1st pick 2014

hamhuis-weber

garrison-bieksa

ballard-xxxxxx

alberts-xxxxxx

dont forget he is an RFA so he is virtually signed for the upcoming year and if for whatever reason he doesnt wanna come home then you dont wimper and whine and you trade him for the same value you got him for

I certainly wouldn't want to trade Kesler, not while we're already lacking depth scoring. That'll create more chinks in the armour than repairing any if we hypothetically get Weber in return.

Why trade for him now, when we can get him as a FA for free next season! :bigblush:

Edler and Weber would make a crazy first pairing, our PP would be even more dominant and more importantly playoff ready. Weber is a right handed shot too, they're a match made in heaven-- Screw Suter! Haha

With all the UFA's on the Canucks next season and the cap probably going up a bit again, it will be fine. We can have Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison and Weber. We'll just have to trade Ballard, which I could see happening this season even... lol Edler's cap hit is 3.25 mil already, it will prob go up about 2.5 mil extra.

We then sign Weber for 8 mil a season, re-sign Bur for 4.5 mil a season and trade Raymond. (Preferably this season, before he becomes unrestricted) Also if we want Manny back, we sign him to a cheaper 1.8 mil contract. ;)

EDIT: Luongo should be traded soon as well, freeing up lots of cap space.

Thats a risky proposal, I'd ask Nashville If we can negotiate a new contract with Weber before doing that deal.

And I wouldnt give up on Booth right away, if we trade him we wouldnt have a 2nd line, It would be Kesler all by himself again.

Although no one in the salary cap world can rival this top 4 ^_^

Hamhuis - Weber

Garrison - Bieksa

I'm pretty sure at this point poile would do kesler for weber straight up. Not saying I would. Nash has gotta be super high on Kes after 11 playoffs and his bargain long term deal is invaluable to the franchise.

This is crazy, why would people want to trade Edler, He had one bad Post - Season series, do we not remember him during the cup finals? He was monstrous.

Anyways, why give anything up? No one is going to give an offer sheet because NSH will just match it.

The simple fact is we're going to get him during Free Agency.

Done deal.

we'd be foolish to trade for Weber... price would be too high. Let some other team trade for him at the trading deadline, then if he wants to he will come here anyways (same as Hamuis did)... if he doesn't, he won't - we can get by without him.

honestly our biggest hole right now is that forward who can either:

1. be enough of a threat and also make space for others so that others can score (like a Doan)

2. be good enough to be a serious threat due to skill level (like a Semin)

either one of those would be best... but probably Doan would be a fan favourite here ;)

our D is solid from 1-6. can't say that about our forward group...

These typr of contracts are all but history now after the CBA gets done. The league was reported to ask for max contracts of 5 years but probably except 7 year max contracts. So there will be no way teams can get him signed to these cap circumventing contracts. So 8 mil 7 years should do it.

Archived