Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Dreger shuts down "HockeyyInsiderr" - stop posting him!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

https://twitter.com/...580397841514496

Posted Image

#2 LUU4LIFE

LUU4LIFE

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hahaha! This is hilarious

#3 Doanuts

Doanuts

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

He's shutting everybody down! Hahaha.

#4 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Dreger & the TSN boys seem to have had enough with all these wannabe bloggers.

the-blacklist-poster-1.jpg

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#5 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

I followed the guy until I saw that all he cares about is getting the story first and gets mad when TSN doesn't retweet him...give your head a shake bud.

All his info is smoke and mirrors and is worded in a way that if he gets it wrong, he can just say "they were just talking, no deal was made" or some BS.

The guy should be confronted more often by TSN, and hopefully it'll shut him down.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Good. Hopefully everyone will realize he is full of it.
Posted Image

#7 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

I followed the guy until I saw that all he cares about is getting the story first and gets mad when TSN doesn't retweet him...give your head a shake bud.

All his info is smoke and mirrors and is worded in a way that if he gets it wrong, he can just say "they were just talking, no deal was made" or some BS.

The guy should be confronted more often by TSN, and hopefully it'll shut him down.

I've DMed him under a false account before... He posted the info, I revealed him and he blocked me :lol:

#8 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you were Dreger or LeBrun right about now?

The TSN boys have been spending WAY too much time debunking all the rumors and reports that clowns like HockeyyInsiderr and samjam99 have been spreading whenever refreshing a webpage somewhere doesn't spit out anything new for them to "report"... all the while defending the players that have all the right in the world to take a few days to figure out where they'll be playing for the next decade.
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#9 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yep and it's about time. Respect for TSN went up some more.

#10 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've DMed him under a false account before... He posted the info, I revealed him and he blocked me :lol:

Yeah, he's rediculous. If he's worked for 4 NHL teams and has all these "sources" why wouldn't he want people to know who he is..

And I find it odd how he meets sources for coffee at 5pm and 10pm like every second day.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#11 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Old media is mad at new media! They takin' our jerbs.

#12 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,796 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

It was funny when he shut down Eklund.

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#13 Visp

Visp

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

http://blogs.edmonto...-needs-to-know/

There’s a guy on Twitter who goes by the name @HockeyyInsiderr. He’s a highly typical fake insider: he guesses often, repackages information available in newspaper and other media as his own, is completely anonymous, and trumpets himself loudly whenever one of his guesses hits home. He has 17,000-odd people who follow him, either for entertainment purposes or out of a misplaced belief in his connectedness (his followers include, among others, former NHL coach Marc Crawford).
Like many (even most) in hockey, @HockeyyInsiderr expected that free agent forward Zach Parise would sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and defenseman Ryan Suter would be joining the Detroit Red Wings. These were easy expectations to have – both teams excel at attracting free agents, both teams had cap space, and both teams had need. Pittsburgh cleared salary cap room at the NHL Draft and was widely reported to be in pursuit of Parise; Detroit just lost Nicklas Lidstrom and the team has been connected to Suter in rumours for more than a year now.

The difference is that @HockeyyInsiderr presents this sort of widely-available speculation as actual fact, obtained from sources close to the negotiations. This is a selected sampling of his comments on Parise and Suter:

Posted Image

Interestingly, shortly after re-publishing he tweets shown above on my personal account, I received an email from somebody legitimately close to one of the negotiations. That email confirmed that not only had @HockeyyInsiderr been incorrect in the final outcome, but that “absolutely nothing” he had said in relation to this negotiation had been accurate. It wasn’t surprising news; the email simply confirmed my personal belief.

What is my motivation in putting a spotlight on this? On a personal level, I know nothing about the man behind the @HockeyyInsiderr account. I’ve never met him, never interacted with him beyond a handful of tweets. I even recognize that many of his followers likely follow him not out of a sincere belief in his commentary, but solely for entertainment purposes.

I do it for two reasons. The first is that there are a few people who might actually put stock in these sort of fake accounts, if they get big enough. This is a public service for those people. The other reason is that I just don’t like these kinds of accounts. I see them as fundamentally dishonest. They add to the perception that people published primarily in new media cannot be trusted. Many ignore them, but at a certain point that becomes ineffective – once they’ve reached a significant audience, all that ignoring them does is give them more control over which parts of their often-conflicting ‘revelations’ get remembered. A piece like this makes it clear precisely how valuable they are as sources of information.

#14 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

HockeyyInsiderr has broken many of the recent trades/signings. I see no reason at all to not buy into his posts. he called the Ott trade back on June 27th for example.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#15 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Unfortunately, Dreger hasn't exactly come up with a ton of his own insight lately.

TOML
Posted Image

#16 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,227 posts

This reminds me of that southpark episode where the Japanese guy opens up a sushi place right next to city wok lol... Dreger is runnin city wok and there's sushi restoraunts popping up everywhere

#17 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

I don't even care if mainstream media acknoledges me when Parise announces #Pens signing tomorrow. The important thing is my followers know.

Retweeted by gary lawless

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#18 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

HockeyInsidderrr posts too much to be taken seriously. Throwing every option out there to see what sticks isn't useful to me. But others might be impressed. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#19 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

The biggest thing abiut these fake insiders is the make have everyone discrediting new media make it very difficult for people who do actually have info (very rare) and it becomes a matter of "cry wolf"

#20 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

Unfortunately, Dreger hasn't exactly come up with a ton of his own insight lately.

TOML

Guys like Dreger aren't paid to speculate. They are there to REPORT. Sure they(himself, McKenzie, LeBrun) do speculate every once in a while, but they make sure to outline the fact from their ideas.

Posted Image

#21 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

video killed the radio star

#22 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

HockeyInsidderrr posts too much to be taken seriously. Throwing every option out there to see what sticks isn't useful to me. But others might be impressed. Cheers.

TOML

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

hahaha./

hahahahahahahah

Edited by Down by the River, 04 July 2012 - 11:53 AM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#23 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

HockeyyInsiderr has broken many of the recent trades/signings. I see no reason at all to not buy into his posts. he called the Ott trade back on June 27th for example.

It's people like you that somehow have believed him which gets a guy like this attention anyways. Through all those tweets he has shown to be fake, but you still believe him because he "broke" a trade. :picard: :lol: :picard:

Edited by Toasta Brigger, 04 July 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#24 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Atta boy Dregs!!!! Lay the hammer down on Eklund and now HockeyyInsiderr. I'm going to make a sig of him.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#25 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

About ???? time.

RIP LB RR PD

#26 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

It's people like you that somehow have believed him which gets a guy like this attention anyways. Through all those tweets he has shown to be fake, but you still believe him because he "broke" a trade. :picard: :lol: :picard:

I believe what is fact. It is fact that he reported Ott would be traded to Buffalo with Roy being the major piece coming back. he did it days before the deal even happened. he has done this on several occasions now. If you don't want to believe him that's fine but he has been correct enough times in the past for me to give him an ear when he says he has an inside scoop.

You have no more evidence to say he is full of it than I do to say he is not. Many of his claims have come out right, and some have come out wrong.

If you want to ride the TSN team's nuts go right ahead, but don't attempt to insult me in the process. Makes you look like a chump.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#27 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Here are the guys i trust:

BobbyMac and Dregs from TSN, Kipper and Spec from sportsnet, Proteau and Campbell from THN, Rosen and Lozo from NHL.com
Posted Image

#28 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hes a hack and i unfollowed him now..

#Garbage

#29 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Wonder how dregs called up shero to see if he was mad..Hey shero, you mad? lol
maybe dregs was referring to "re-evaluate part" but i doubt it. Gotta think about dreg's intentions...
Anyways if i was shero i would be pissed losing out on parise, seems like hockeyinsider just made an educated guess here.
However, he has called multiple signings/trades lately..people can decide for themselves

Edited by MaxLapierreAwesomeFace, 04 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#30 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Posted Image

you tell him dregs!!!!!!
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.