Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Dreger shuts down "HockeyyInsiderr" - stop posting him!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

in the twotterverse anyone can post anything and not be accountable..if he can google faster/more often than the average working stiff, he is gonna 'break' some trade or signing correctly eventually. I don't really care, but I do find it funny that samjam and now this hack are even being mentioned by tv people...clearly new media is overpowering the tv ratings, and i find that hilarious.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#32 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

HockeyInsiderr is still legit. He's broken numerous signings and trade possibilities. I respect Dreger and all that, but it's funny how the only time Dreger responds is when HockeyInsiderr get's it wrong. HockeyInsiderr has been constantly tweeting at Dreger asking him for a RT on a bunch of signings that he broke way before any of the TSN crew did.

#33 Brunners

Brunners

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

I believe what is fact. It is fact that he reported Ott would be traded to Buffalo with Roy being the major piece coming back. he did it days before the deal even happened. he has done this on several occasions now. If you don't want to believe him that's fine but he has been correct enough times in the past for me to give him an ear when he says he has an inside scoop.

You have no more evidence to say he is full of it than I do to say he is not. Many of his claims have come out right, and some have come out wrong.

If you want to ride the TSN team's nuts go right ahead, but don't attempt to insult me in the process. Makes you look like a chump.

The fact is though that he get's SO MUCH MORE wrong than he gets right. He was so unbelievably off base on the Parise and Suter signings while all the time claiming he was right and correct and everyone would see when Parise announced.

He's another one that is fun to read because it's entertainment, but there's no way you can give him any credibility. The guy reports stuff he makes up as a fact.

Posted Image

--

#34 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

It all started with samjam99 when I bet you Dreger thought it would be hilarious to blast him on Primetime Sports Hilites...hahahahahahahaha

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#35 Number1Pick

Number1Pick

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

told you guys so on "invalid sources"
Follow me @ twitter.com/my604life for all hockey talk on draft day & FA.

#36 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I believe what is fact. It is fact that he reported Ott would be traded to Buffalo with Roy being the major piece coming back. he did it days before the deal even happened. he has done this on several occasions now. If you don't want to believe him that's fine but he has been correct enough times in the past for me to give him an ear when he says he has an inside scoop.

You have no more evidence to say he is full of it than I do to say he is not. Many of his claims have come out right, and some have come out wrong.

If you want to ride the TSN team's nuts go right ahead, but don't attempt to insult me in the process. Makes you look like a chump.

Yeah, I'm the chump who believes somebody who post rumors, and if he gets something "right", whines about not getting attention. I'm the chump who believes people with actual sources and show their identity.

#37 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, I'm the chump who believes somebody who post rumors, and if he gets something "right", whines about not getting attention. I'm the chump who believes people with actual sources and show their identity.

You're the chump who picks fights online and insults random strangers. You're the chump who can't accept the fact the HockeyyInsiderr has gotten a lot of things correct lately. You're the chump who seems to get overly upset when someone outside of your precious TSN panel makes a claim or breaks the news on a deal.

Go play in traffic.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#38 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

What was the saying again??

Throw enough **** against the wall and some of it is bound to stick??

Meh...I put HockeyyInsiderr and samjam99 almost in the same category as Eklund.

[Eklund]
[HockeyyInsiderr]
[samjam99]

:lol:

#39 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

You're the chump who picks fights online and insults random strangers. You're the chump who can't accept the fact the HockeyyInsiderr has gotten a lot of things correct lately. You're the chump who seems to get overly upset when someone outside of your precious TSN panel makes a claim or breaks the news on a deal.

Go play in traffic.

I didn't pick this fight, you replied to me. And insults? Where? You called me the chump. Also, it's not hard to predict things to will happen. Everybody from TSN/Sportsnet could predict, except for they are professionals and aren't payed to predict. And overly upset? You're the one freaking out over how you're trying to prove how this guy is legit. Yet with TSN, they show identity, they are right everytime. And with him, he doesn't show identity, he isn't right everytime, and has been shutdown by Darren Dreger. Also, he asks for retweets on Twitter. Do other people covering specific teams for newspapes, etc. ask for retweets? No, if they get it, it's because they earn it. The point of this is, asking for RTs from TSN people is because he wants attention. Unreal how people actually believe him.

#40 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

This reminds me of that southpark episode where the Japanese guy opens up a sushi place right next to city wok lol... Dreger is runnin city wok and there's sushi restoraunts popping up everywhere

It reminds me a lot of the episode where Stan learns "cold reading" and every one thinks he's psychic afterwards.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#41 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

I didn't pick this fight, you replied to me. And insults? Where? You called me the chump. Also, it's not hard to predict things to will happen. Everybody from TSN/Sportsnet could predict, except for they are professionals and aren't payed to predict. And overly upset? You're the one freaking out over how you're trying to prove how this guy is legit. Yet with TSN, they show identity, they are right everytime. And with him, he doesn't show identity, he isn't right everytime, and has been shutdown by Darren Dreger. Also, he asks for retweets on Twitter. Do other people covering specific teams for newspapes, etc. ask for retweets? No, if they get it, it's because they earn it. The point of this is, asking for RTs from TSN people is because he wants attention. Unreal how people actually believe him.

TSN may be right every time but that's only because they break the news right before it's about to happen. HockeyInsiderr does it well before. Besides, even though he said the deal was 90% done to Pittsburgh before, he did say Parise was taking a last look at Minny before the deal happened. Who cares if he doesn't show his identity? IMO I just care about the accurate rumours and results.

#42 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Invalid Sources:

*Any Social Media Account that does not link back to a member of the media*
Brochu is Hockey
Bleacher Report
Blogspot
Frank Krulicki
HendricksHockey
HHR_Hockey
HockeyBreak
HockeyyInsiderr
HockeyBums
HockeyRumours
NHL Gossip
NHL Hockey News by saint Pako
incarceratedbob Twitter
The NHL Line
NHL Primo Insider
NHLSourcesSay
NHLRumor
NHLUpdate
Puck Me Hockey
SB Nation
School Your Pool
SportsHaze
The Hockey Writers
TSNBubMcKenzie Twitter
Vanstrom BC Twitter and Facebook pages

http://forum.canucks...nvalid-sources/

Been there for quite a while now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.