The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign D Derek Joslin from sister twitter

Hopefully this signing is true, I would like to have Joslin on the Canucks!

I hope MG is looking to sign more players and not just hanging back thinking he doesn't need to do anything else after signing Garrison.

He should be looking at guys like:

Mueller

Wolski

Arnott

Brule

Winnik

Holmstrom

Doan

Foster

Hannan

Kubina

Gervais

Sauer

Colaiacovo

Niittymaki

Johnson

Ellis

Turco

A couple of these signings could be really good.

After watching quite a few Canes games this year (maybe 15), I can say he's NOT ALL THAT BAD. He's not a big minute-all situations type guy like Aaron Rome, but he is great at holding the puck in along the boards and plays bigger than most D-men. He has the instinct to move the puck up the ice quickly, rather than making a D to D or trying to slow down the play, which may be partly his immaturity - also evidenced when he tries to skate the puck a bit too long. Still, he's not all that bad, and I'd rather play him than Alberts on most nights.

Hopefully we will never have any injuries ever and everyone on the team has perfect 82 game seasons so we dont have to learn how good he'll be on the team!

Definitely confused by this one, unless he's strictly for the Wolves. Small sample sizes, but his underlying numbers last yr were a disaster - pure disaster. He does not fit in the 'prototypical' bottom pairing d-man in AV's system.

After watching quite a few Canes games this year (maybe 15), I can say he's NOT ALL THAT BAD. He's not a big minute-all situations type guy like Aaron Rome, but he is great at holding the puck in along the boards and plays bigger than most D-men. He has the instinct to move the puck up the ice quickly, rather than making a D to D or trying to slow down the play, which may be partly his immaturity - also evidenced when he tries to skate the puck a bit too long. Still, he's not all that bad, and I'd rather play him than Alberts on most nights.

Hopefully we will never have any injuries ever and everyone on the team has perfect 82 game seasons so we dont have to learn how good he'll be on the team!

If not, I see us signing another Rome-like player. If one even exists!

You know, I was never really that big on Rome, not until he signed with Dallas. Somehow he now seems more appealing to our current situation... after all he did 'Forrest Gump' his way through Vancouver's D-man depth chart and manage to get to some solid playing time at the end. Definitely wouldn't mind having him but at the same time, I'm intrigued in what we could potentially get.

And while on the Rome subject, could it be possible that AV, this past season, wasn't necessarily playing the "better contract" in Rome instead of the "proven player" in Ballard but perhaps his decision in playing Rome pointed out a bad contract opposed to a good one? I do realize that Ballard should have been played in certain situations where Rome shouldn't have.

Just thinking out loud

Don't know what people are complaining about. Young D man with NHL experience that can help the Wolves and if need be called up to the Canucks. The guy has 100 games NHL experience! That experience can come in handy if a string of hasty injuries occurred. Plus if it is true that the guy is motivated, he is exactly the kind of player want. If he can develop into a solid stay at home 6th D man one day, GGGGREAT!!!!

Yeah. what is the point about getting upset about a depth signing like this - he is almost certainly signed to a two-way deal - likely fits in behind Connauton on the depth chart - around 9th with Sauve - and it's a good idea, like Sulzer last year, to have another young guy who is NHL ready on a two-way deal.

Hopefully this signing is true, I would like to have Joslin on the Canucks!

I hope MG is looking to sign more players and not just hanging back thinking he doesn't need to do anything else after signing Garrison.

He should be looking at guys like:

Mueller

Wolski

Arnott

Brule

Winnik

Holmstrom

Doan

Foster

Hannan

Kubina

Gervais

Sauer

Colaiacovo

Niittymaki

Johnson

Ellis

Turco

A couple of these signings could be really good.

Archived