The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign D Derek Joslin from sister twitter

I sure hope he isnt another rome type of player as we finally got rid of dead weight rome!His late hit pretty much did us in and we lost the cup.I do not see how any person was high on romes ability when he was at best an 8th to 9th D man!

a little disappointed - at first I thought it said the Canucks had signed a player from Twisted Sister.

HF:

Talent Analysis

A sound overall game; he plays in all situations and is very composed. Good offensive instincts. A great one-timer -- won the hardest shot competition at the 2009 AHL Skills Competition. Skating stride is a weakness.

Future

He’s projected to be a middle pairing defender in the NHL.

This is one of Gillis' reclamation projects, Joslin was actually supposed to be a pretty good prospect at one time. Big/physical fairly young defense aren't exactly a strength of our organization. Depth move with possible upside that can fill in on the big club if needed, I like it.

ASSETS: Is a solid puck-moving defenseman with offensive potential and decent size. Can also quarterback the power play and has a good point shot. gif.gifFLAWS: Needs more work without the puck and especially in defensive-zone coverage. Doesn't utilize his 6-1 frame to the utmost. gif.gifCAREER POTENTIAL: Mobile, versatile depth defenseman.

From the Hockey News. Decent signing that could bea MAG #7 for us this year. Good depth callup.

Archived