The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo not going anywhere

As of now, Loungo isn't going anywhere but come November-December he will mostly likely get moved (as much I don't want him gone, he is getting moved). A few months into the season the teams that aren't doing all that great are going to want to look to turn things around, probably with their goaltending situation. Then and only then will Gillis get what he's asking for and I think that's exactly what he is waiting for. I'll be happy to wait till November-December, until then we have one of the best if not the best goaltending tandem in the league.

I highly doubt that this team is going into the new season with 13% of its cap space allocated solely in the crease. This percentage will also likely be higher if/when the cap goes down under a new CBA, as is expected. It makes no sense for a team to carry two goaltenders being paid starter money.

Cap aside, I strongly also believe that having both Luongo and Schneider at training camp as well as into the season is not a situation that Gillis envisions as ideal by any stretch.

So many fans will look rediculous if Luongo doesn't get traded. BunBun aka spiderman was trying to make e-bets. Merci had rediculed the slight mention of it. I can't wait to dredge up old posts if Lu sticks around. People really need to consider all options a little better. Trading luongo for a bag o pucks simply won't happen. No matter how much you want lu gone.

I think the chances of a deal getting done are increasing incrementally every day.

As UFAdom creeps along and less and less players remain available, teams have more idea what their rosters will look like and what needs remain, with trades being the only way to change/improve them...

Not only that, but no Brodeur, no one else on the market... a little incentive to beat the other team to the punch.

I know I wouldnt be disappointed having Luongo and Schneider on our team again next year, cant go wrong having two number 1 goalies. Maybe just split their games 60/40 then Schneids starts the playoffs :)

If we are going to trade Lui, it better not be for nothing thats for sure.

Luongo for Nash would be ideal but if Lu has his heart set on Florida maybe Luongo for Theodore+Matthias could work

Archived