Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC19

Anyone else feel bad for burrows?

185 posts in this topic

2 million dollars is A LOT. Not compared to most hockey players but I don't feel bad at all.

burrows makes more than i will in 10 years, in 1... and he gets to earn it doing something he loves - for an undrafted ball-hockey champion, i don't think he feels bad for himself at all.

Overrated player with Canucks fans in my opinion. I'll probably get flamed for typing that, but I still think he's overrated despite his salary.

Why feel bad for someone who is playing the sport they love on a winning team and making money for it. He took a hometown discount, that's all there is to it.

i think burrows is very humble considering the canucks gave him a chance coming from the echl, undrafted

2m.....he wins the lottery every year

thats 2 million dollars, for an average joe thats winning the lottery

For me it is not about 'feeling bad' for any millionaire or pro athlete.

It is about fairness and equitable distribution and if that is not addressed the workforce rots from within.

You work at XYZ corp.,for instance.Buddy next to you was just hired for four times your wage and yet working side by side with him or her it is obvious that you do the same amount of work -and maybe more-plus you do a more thorough job.

The GM won't renegotiate your contract,despite the fact you are being paid four times less than the newbie and you have made a much greater contribution to the success of the company.

That is when your GM is a dick and you are being used.

Of his 2 Million salary Burrows takes home 1,145,411

Source:

bpFRD.gif