The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else feel bad for burrows?

CC19

Lots of people saying they dont feel bad for burrows making 2m per year.

You are probably the same people that are going to cry when another team offers him 4m and he takes it!

Yeah he took a discount, but after seeing some of these free agent signings, he deserves more.

FYI he does not take home 2 mil, government takes their cut, agent takes their cut, and probably some trainers in the off season that would take a cut as well.

How many other guys in the NHL are paid 2 mil and play on the top line and PK...

The reasons people dont feel bad for him:

-He was an undrafted ball hockey player...

-He plays with the Sedins

a: Canucks are not a ball hockey team, he takes a serious risk every time he goes on the ice, and he plays against other teams best players.

b:Burrows is not Anson Carter.

Last I remember... he stole the puck from Campoli without the Sedins and scored the winning goal to (slay the dragon) beat Chicago and help move the team to the next round of the playoffs.

Maybe feeling bad is the wrong way to put it. I have so much respect for this guy, he could easily take his foot off the throttle and be a 2 million dollar third liner. Maybe he just feels bad for you so called fans....

Burrows... Do we really need him...

Guest BuckFoston

2 million is a lot, but for what he does he deserves a lot more.

Not only the goals and assist, penalty kills and all that. But he IS the heart and soul of the Canucks, this guy puts everything he has into each and every game and what he did to even get a shot in the NHL backs my comments up. Dedicated and hard working.

Ontop of that, this guy is an amazing guy with the community and fans. Classy, and I hope he gets a well deserved raise. I love Burrows, most exciting player we have.

Lots of people saying they dont feel bad for burrows making 2m per year.

You are probably the same people that are going to cry when another team offers him 4m and he takes it!

Yeah he took a discount, but after seeing some of these free agent signings, he deserves more.

FYI he does not take home 2 mil, government takes their cut, agent takes their cut, and probably some trainers in the off season that would take a cut as well.

How many other guys in the NHL are paid 2 mil and play on the top line and PK...

The reasons people dont feel bad for him:

-He was an undrafted ball hockey player...

-He plays with the Sedins

a: Canucks are not a ball hockey team, he takes a serious risk every time he goes on the ice, and he plays against other teams best players.

b:Burrows is not Anson Carter.

Last I remember... he stole the puck from Campoli without the Sedins and scored the winning goal to (slay the dragon) beat Chicago and help move the team to the next round of the playoffs.

Maybe feeling bad is the wrong way to put it. I have so much respect for this guy, he could easily take his foot off the throttle and be a 2 million dollar third liner. Maybe he just feels bad for you so called fans....

Burrows... Do we really need him...

Take Burrows off the first line and his 30 goals drop down to 20. GMs around the league aren't blind to who players play with. Every player that plays with the sedins end up scoring a bunch. You wanna give Lappy a raise too for his 2 hot weeks he had when he was playing with the sedins?

He plays hockey for fudgesicle's sake! My buddy is making 90 grand saving lives every day. He deserves a lot more. Another is making 35 grand teaching a bunch of useless teenagers. She deserves a lot more. Hell, I may deserve a lot more for what I am doing.

If we are really going to go there, this will take all day about who really deserves what. What is certain though, is a sportsman does NOT deserve more than the couple of million he is already making. Cut the crap.

Archived