The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else feel bad for burrows?

CC19

2 million is a lot, but for what he does he deserves a lot more.

Not only the goals and assist, penalty kills and all that. But he IS the heart and soul of the Canucks, this guy puts everything he has into each and every game and what he did to even get a shot in the NHL backs my comments up. Dedicated and hard working.

Ontop of that, this guy is an amazing guy with the community and fans. Classy, and I hope he gets a well deserved raise. I love Burrows, most exciting player we have.

Compensation is relative. There's people who think hockey players shouldn't get paid more than surgeons.

The reason why they get paid the amount they do is because there's only a few hundred people in the world who can play at this level. It's not because their profession is any more valuable than some other profession.

No matter how modest you are, you can't help but compare your own compensation with your peers.

How would you feel if you work 2x as hard as your co-worker and they get paid more than you?

Even if your co-worker is the nicest, friendliest guy in the world.

Hell even $2M isn't much in Vancouver. After taxes, you can barely purchase a home for yourself and family.

I am glad you two have told us all how little you understand about the game of hockey. If you think Burrows is over rated, you've serioulsy never competed at anything, let alone hockey in your life.

Laughable.

Archived