The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How should MG go after Weber

Southpop45

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

trade Edler, Tanev, jensen and a 1st. or Edler, tanev, Gaunce and 1st for Weber this year with the guarantee that he will sign an extension

im still not sold on my own proposal but ur gonna have to go big or go home to land the big fish You would think Nsh GM Poille will try and get something for weber if he cant get him signed or he'll get burned 2 yrs in a row if Weber test the market as a UFA

STOP IT

Just like Joe Sakic.

Anytime he was up for a contract the provence assumed he would join the Canucks.

If he is a UFA great, If not it will take the Sedins for the Preds to trade him to a conference rival.

Take a pass on Weber. With the kind of money he'll demand, it just isn't worth it. You can acquire two very good players for what Weber will get on the open market. You also tie up money that will be needed to resign Burrows and Edler and maybe Higgins next year. While it would be nice to have Weber, the only way to get a guy like that is to draft him and as long as the Canucks play as well as they have the past few years, that is unlikely.

Voted no for every poll because i really think trying to get Weber is a waste of time and we should instead be looking for offensive depth considering that Ryan Kesler will be out for the beginning of the season and also because scoring was our biggest problem in the Boston and LA series.

Seriously when we have a Top 4 of Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, and Bieksa, and our bottom pairing of Ballard (who was arguably our best defenceman vs LA) and Tanev (Who has potential) and depth defensemen in Alberts (Who can play physical) and possibly Gragnani (For offense), why waste time trying to land a superstar because he's definitely going to eat up valuable cap space if we sign him and if we simply trade for him then we'd have to trade some of our best players and/or draft picks.

CDC's obsession over NHL superstars is ridiculous. Wouldn't u rather have 4 lines of forwards that can score instead of having only 1 or 2 lines and then the other 2 lines simply being there to give the top 6 a rest? Wouldn't u want a more or less equal amount of offensive and defensive defencemen instead of only having Weber as our top defenceman and everyone else being the plugs?

For example, LA had depth in defence. Drew Doughty, Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, Matt Greene, Rob Scuderi, and whoever else they had, I can't remember all of them now. None of them are really NHL superstars (except for maybe Drew Doughty) but they all have decent skills that can complement each other and when one of them gets injured or starts playing badly another one of them can cover up the hole. LA also had offensive depth in Brown, Kopitar, Williams, King, Penner, Lewis, Carter, Richards, etc. and the only arguable superstars out of those 8 players are Carter and Richards imo. And while King was a bit of a surprise the others were definitely expected to be able to score many goals, which they weren't able to do in the regular season but pulled off in the postseason.

Now tell me. Do we really want Weber? Or should we add onto what we're missing in Hank, Dank, Burr, Kesler, Booth, Higgs, MayRay (questionable)???

Voted no for every poll because i really think trying to get Weber is a waste of time and we should instead be looking for offensive depth considering that Ryan Kesler will be out for the beginning of the season and also because scoring was our biggest problem in the Boston and LA series.

Seriously when we have a Top 4 of Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, and Bieksa, and our bottom pairing of Ballard (who was arguably our best defenceman vs LA) and Tanev (Who has potential) and depth defensemen in Alberts (Who can play physical) and possibly Gragnani (For offense), why waste time trying to land a superstar because he's definitely going to eat up valuable cap space if we sign him and if we simply trade for him then we'd have to trade some of our best players and/or draft picks.

CDC's obsession over NHL superstars is ridiculous. Wouldn't u rather have 4 lines of forwards that can score instead of having only 1 or 2 lines and then the other 2 lines simply being there to give the top 6 a rest? Wouldn't u want a more or less equal amount of offensive and defensive defencemen instead of only having Weber as our top defenceman and everyone else being the plugs?

For example, LA had depth in defence. Drew Doughty, Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, Matt Greene, Rob Scuderi, and whoever else they had, I can't remember all of them now. None of them are really NHL superstars (except for maybe Drew Doughty) but they all have decent skills that can complement each other and when one of them gets injured or starts playing badly another one of them can cover up the hole. LA also had offensive depth in Brown, Kopitar, Williams, King, Penner, Lewis, Carter, Richards, etc. and the only arguable superstars out of those 8 players are Carter and Richards imo. And while King was a bit of a surprise the others were definitely expected to be able to score many goals, which they weren't able to do in the regular season but pulled off in the postseason.

Now tell me. Do we really want Weber? Or should we add onto what we're missing in Hank, Dank, Burr, Kesler, Booth, Higgs, MayRay (questionable)???

I'm not sure that MG should go after Weber. Defence isn't the teams biggest problem. They clearly have trouble scoring when the games get tough and depth is depleted through injury. Look at the last two playoff rounds they have played. I think some top end help up front is more important at this point.

Take a pass on Weber. With the kind of money he'll demand, it just isn't worth it. You can acquire two very good players for what Weber will get on the open market. You also tie up money that will be needed to resign Burrows and Edler and maybe Higgins next year. While it would be nice to have Weber, the only way to get a guy like that is to draft him and as long as the Canucks play as well as they have the past few years, that is unlikely.

I'm not sure that MG should go after Weber. Defence isn't the teams biggest problem. They clearly have trouble scoring when the games get tough and depth is depleted through injury. Look at the last two playoff rounds they have played. I think some top end help up front is more important at this point.

Simple.

1 year offer sheer for 8.4M.

If Nashville matches, they risk losing him next year as a UFA for nothing as they are not allowed to trade him if they match.

If they don't match, they receive 2 first rounders.

There's no way they match and risk losing a THIRD top Dman for nothing.

If Poile thinks he can't re-sign Weber...he needs to trade him for whatever best deal he can get.

He let Hamhuis slip away for only a draft pick (negotiating rights cuz he was going to be UFA).

He let Suter slip away for NOTHING!!!

He absolutely cannot let Weber slip away for NOTHING!!!!

If he does...Poile deserves to be fired.

EDIT: I'm fairly confident that MG is in talks with Poile regarding Weber. Why else did MG get his 2013 3rd round pick back in the Booth trade?

Archived