The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How should MG go after Weber

Southpop45

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take a pass on Weber. With the kind of money he'll demand, it just isn't worth it. You can acquire two very good players for what Weber will get on the open market. You also tie up money that will be needed to resign Burrows and Edler and maybe Higgins next year. While it would be nice to have Weber, the only way to get a guy like that is to draft him and as long as the Canucks play as well as they have the past few years, that is unlikely.

Weber likely won't sign any offer sheet, because it would screw Nashville over. No way of knowing if he wants to play for Vancouver, except we all want to think so because of Hamhuis. Too bad GMMG can't tamper. Would love to have a guy who can shoot the puck right through the net.

The only way we will get Weber is if he WANTS to play here and signs as a UFA for below-market rates.

1) I don't see that happening.

2) Given our limited cap space and salary structure I don't see MG going after him as aggressively as other teams.

Also, as it has proven many times, just because a team goes out and spends big upgrading its roster doesn't mean it will win the cup or even make the playoffs.

As much as I'd love to see Edler and Weber playing together I don't see that happening.

I usually dont get into the hype of big name players coming to vancouver (like parise) but i really think weber will come home... players talk and you bet dan will want to be with his tigger again... Hamhuis will convince webber to come over here if that wasn't already the plan!

Hamhuis-and-Weber-as-Pooh-and-Tigger-300x169.png

Based on the picture... the Canucks need Another uniform change

im not a fan of sending weber an offer sheet, simply because if the preds dont match it, itll cost us quite a few picks. im kind of on the fence with trading for him, because we are going to have to overpay for him big time. i, personally, would wait and see if he became a UFA to try to get weber. but thats just me.

Weber will be offered 100 million plus; forget it.

- As I understand it; as of now, one player can receive 15 percent of the total payroll. I'd like to see the new CBA reduce this to 10 percent. (I don't know why the average player puts up with the 15 percent number, as the money is coming out of their pocket.)

No one is going to trade for him unless he agrees in advance that he will sign long term. If he want's to come to Vancouver, then he's going to stick to signing a 1 year contract with Nashville and we'll sign him next summer. He's going to cost us at least 7 million per season though, depending on how the CBA plays out.

im not a fan of sending weber an offer sheet, simply because if the preds dont match it, itll cost us quite a few picks. im kind of on the fence with trading for him, because we are going to have to overpay for him big time. i, personally, would wait and see if he became a UFA to try to get weber. but thats just me.

An offer sheet is a vehement no, unless it's just for one year, in which case Nashville will probably match anyway.

I would not be opposed to trading for him, depending of course on what is going the other way.

Seems as though waiting until next July 1 is the best option.

I really hope Vancouver can find a way to sign or acquire him, as they have never had a defenseman of this caliber in the history of the franchise. Only problem is, 29 other teams will have interest as well.

The predatory one year offer sheet is a d-bag move. You can try it but I would hope Weber wouldn't do that to the Predators. Or any player to their current team. If he wants out he can request a trade and let them try to get something for him. Plus all it would do for MG is make other GMs hate him and I'm convinced some already do.

The predatory one year offer sheet is a d-bag move. You can try it but I would hope Weber wouldn't do that to the Predators. Or any player to their current team. If he wants out he can request a trade and let them try to get something for him. Plus all it would do for MG is make other GMs hate him and I'm convinced some already do.

Archived