The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How should MG go after Weber

Southpop45

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate being patient but the best course of action would be to wait a year until he becomes a UFA. He's from BC. If he wants to play here he will sign and finish a one year contract and then sign here, much like Garrison and Hamhuis have done. Would I love to have him this year? Absolutely but the cost will be extraordinarily high and its likely one of the other teams interested in acquiring him will offer more than we are able to give in return. Also consider the fact that we have several contracts expiring next year and would be better able to fit his large contract on to the team. It's a dream of mine for him to play here, I just hope it doesn't stay a dream.

The only way we will get Weber is if he WANTS to play here and signs as a UFA for below-market rates.

1) I don't see that happening.

2) Given our limited cap space and salary structure I don't see MG going after him as aggressively as other teams.

Also, as it has proven many times, just because a team goes out and spends big upgrading its roster doesn't mean it will win the cup or even make the playoffs.

As much as I'd love to see Edler and Weber playing together I don't see that happening.

I'd trade Ballard,Raymond,Jensen,Sauve and 2 first round picks plus a 3rd and 4th for Weber and one first conditional that Weber signs a long term deal of 5 years or so.Then I'd talk to him and ask what he wants and then let him know Edler needs a contract.I think both would be happy and sign with us.

Unless we trade for Weber, there is no way we sit for a year. THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!! Trade Wolf forwards, first round picks, and even Edler to get it done. WEBER = CUP for this team!! May Ray ---We believe!! if not, traded when his value goes up. THIS IS IT!!!! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! I believe, do you?

Realistically w/ the cap, if.we.wanted a cup.contender involving weber;

VAN: Weber

NSH: Edler, Booth, Schroeder, Raymond, 2013 1st

-------------

VAN: MacArthur, Kulemin

TOR: Luongo

--------------

Sign: Doan, Mueller

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Peter Mueller ($2.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Nikolai Kulemin ($2.200m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.500m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.820m)

------CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter) (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,200,000; BONUSES: $185,000 CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $0

I think it's would put us in a pretty good position if Lu would head to TOR

I'd trade Ballard,Raymond,Jensen,Sauve and 2 first round picks plus a 3rd and 4th for Weber and one first conditional that Weber signs a long term deal of 5 years or so.Then I'd talk to him and ask what he wants and then let him know Edler needs a contract.I think both would be happy and sign with us.

You rather have one of our top 4 instead of webber? If u wanna change and get better u have to make changes webber is the best dman in the league in my opinion and saying you wouldnt trade one of your top 4 for him is dumb they arent going to give him up for nothing both teams need to kinda win in the deal if they trade him

Archived