The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OK...............Now I am starting to wonder.................

Bodee

Do our scouts have a clue.

Am I the only one seeing a pattern here? We rid ourselves of perfectly good players and sign "roll of the dice futures"..........if we are lucky. Sammy says hi from Detroit!

Is MG getting fed magic mushrooms by his scouts. When are we going to pick up some guys who we can look at and say "Ye he'll take us that extra step?"

To be honest as I said on my other thread I did expect some of these additions after Boston but here we are still waiting while other teams keep going for proven and capable players.

I know some happy clappers on here will condemn me and say it is early and they are right...........if it was only now we were talking about .............but this farce has gone on too long.

I want to be excited, inspired, dazed, by our signings not have to listen to MG spouting about a guys character and what he will do for us (hopefully) 3 years down the line.

We will also get the usual suspects now saying.............we should not pay over the odds, or we should realise that there are 29 other clubs after that player, or not everyone wants to come here (should that read "no one?") why not? Are we that bad?

Something is not right. I'm frankly not interested if the guy sings in the choir or helps old ladies across the road. I'm not concerned about our "hometown discount" I want to see this team get the 3 or 4 missing pieces, able to play to-day and not 3 years down the line while Daniel and Henrik don't need zimmers to get onto the ice.

Now a note from our sponsors.

If you only want to come on this thread to flame me .............heres the only reply you will get.......in advance ..........STFU!

If you only want to make a smart ass comment ..............go do one.

If you think I should not be questioning MG and his scouts ..............I couldn't give a flying puck.

Disagree with me all you want but keep it respectful.

Thanks.

If you only want to come on this thread to flame me .............heres the only reply you will get.......in advance ..........STFU!

If you think I should not be questioning MG and his scouts ..............I couldn't give a flying puck.

Thanks.

The truth is every player isn't drooling to play for Vancouver. Nor is every player willing to sign for a discount. There are those that know where they want to go as a UFA and those who will simply go to the highest bidder. Regardless of who you sign it won't guarantee a cup. There's two keys to winning the cup: Staying relatively healthy and players hitting a hot streak at the right time.

Seeing how you are the greatest GM that is not working in the NHL, why don't you tell us all, every contract that you would have offered players and the amount of those contracts. Also can you be 100% certain that every contract that you offered would have been agreed too? We're at 65 M on payoll with 5 M available to spend.

You have no idea why some players choose to play in different cities then ones that you want them to. To try and force the blame on management is ignorant. I would also tend to believe that you have no idea what players have been offered contracts to come and play for us.

If you want to be inspired go watch a Tony Robbins video.

The truth is every player isn't drooling to play for Vancouver. Nor is every player willing to sign for a discount. There are those that know where they want to go as a UFA and those who will simply go to the highest bidder. Regardless of who you sign it won't guarantee a cup. There's two keys to winning the cup: Staying relatively healthy and players hitting a hot streak at the right time.

Do our scouts have a clue.

Am I the only one seeing a pattern here? We rid ourselves of perfectly good players and sign "roll of the dice futures"..........if we are lucky. Sammy says hi from Detroit!

Samuelsson was traded to acquire David Booth, who was on a 30 goal pace despite his injuries. Booth is younger and entering his prime. He would have done better given time to completely mesh with his teammates. We also had to dump the mistake of a signing in Sturm... And people don't take players like Sturm without compensation.

Is MG getting fed magic mushrooms by his scouts. When are we going to pick up some guys who we can look at and say "Ye he'll take us that extra step?"

Have you ever thought that free agents just may not want to come here? And acquiring those types of players through trades will require trading back players who would make the "extra step" another player away!

To be honest as I said on my other thread I did expect some of these additions after Boston but here we are still waiting while other teams keep going for proven and capable players.

The Canucks are still the back to back President's Trophy winners. It seems awfully a lot like you're upset over the big names (who would have never came to Vancouver) signing with other teams.

I know some happy clappers on here will condemn me and say it is early and they are right...........if it was only now we were talking about .............but this farce has gone on too long.

So, anyone with an opposing opinion is wrong. Okay, that's silly. And "farce"? Do you even know what that means?

I want to be excited, inspired, dazed, by our signings not have to listen to MG spouting about a guys character and what he will do for us (hopefully) 3 years down the line.

So you're interested in throwing money at any big name to help you feel secure in the Canucks' Stanley Cup chance. Having players that can produce in the long run is very important.

We will also get the usual suspects now saying.............we should not pay over the odds, or we should realise that there are 29 other clubs after that player, or not everyone wants to come here (should that read "no one?") why not? Are we that bad?

Family comes in to play along with money for a lot of players. For the Canucks, many big names don't have their immediate families near here - and the money is a bit of an issue when the Canucks are already a cap team. They don't have the room to be adding 3 10 million dollar players and the cap that you have to clear to get those players would destroy your depth.

Something is not right. I'm frankly not interested if the guy sings in the choir or helps old ladies across the road. I'm not concerned about our "hometown discount" I want to see this team get the 3 or 4 missing pieces, able to play to-day and not 3 years down the line while Daniel and Henrik don't need zimmers to get onto the ice.

As I've said previously, there's reasons those players may not want to come here and reasons the Canucks may not be able to get them. And really? This whole fragment just reeks of the idea that you're probably a tween who plays too much NHL 12.

If you think I should not be questioning MG and his scouts ..............I couldn't give a flying puck.s ...And this confirms it.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's a little nerve-wracking...

I'm with you, in a general way, about the scouting, but MG and his philosophy is still okay with me.

...If we get (at least) one good trade or signing before, say, November. My preference for the team would be a solid forward.

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day.

Well... the fact that Gillis assumed that Kassian and that other defenseman (cant remember his name) were ready for the big leagues is definitely alarming. Im assuming scouting is responsible for that kind of thing.

Yeah, it's a little nerve-wracking...

I'm with you, in a general way, about the scouting, but MG and his philosophy is still okay with me.

...If we get (at least) one good trade or signing before, say, November. My preference for the team would be a solid forward.

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day.

The truth of the matter, MG has pickud up players. Booth wasnt a risk, we got rid of to aging players for him, and booth is now starting the season under our system. Alot of teams make moves and looks like the right one at the time. philli got Iylia Bryzgalov, turne out to be a bust for now. But could turn into the player they hope. Iylia kovelchuck was a bust his first year with the devils then after geting used to the system had a solid year. Jeff carter looked like a solid player for columbus but was also a bust.

So Minni got Suter and parise, both could be a bust. Just cus they cost 100 mill doesnt mean they will play like it.

Archived