The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OK...............Now I am starting to wonder.................

Bodee

Do our scouts have a clue.

Am I the only one seeing a pattern here? We rid ourselves of perfectly good players and sign "roll of the dice futures"..........if we are lucky. Sammy says hi from Detroit!

Is MG getting fed magic mushrooms by his scouts. When are we going to pick up some guys who we can look at and say "Ye he'll take us that extra step?"

To be honest as I said on my other thread I did expect some of these additions after Boston but here we are still waiting while other teams keep going for proven and capable players.

I know some happy clappers on here will condemn me and say it is early and they are right...........if it was only now we were talking about .............but this farce has gone on too long.

I want to be excited, inspired, dazed, by our signings not have to listen to MG spouting about a guys character and what he will do for us (hopefully) 3 years down the line.

We will also get the usual suspects now saying.............we should not pay over the odds, or we should realise that there are 29 other clubs after that player, or not everyone wants to come here (should that read "no one?") why

not? Are we that bad?

Something is not right. I'm frankly not interested if the guy sings in the choir or helps old ladies across the road. I'm not concerned about our "hometown discount" I want to see this team get

the 3 or 4 missing pieces, able to play to-day and not 3 years down the line while Daniel and Henrik don't need zimmers to get onto the ice.

Now a note from our sponsors.

If you only want to come on this thread to flame

me .............heres the only reply you will get.......in advance ..........STFU!

If you only want to make a smart ass comment ..............go do one.

If you think I should not be questioning MG and

his scouts ..............I couldn't give a flying puck.

Disagree with me all you want but keep it respectful.

Thanks.

No, nor a fail, just reActing in the sane manner you planned in reacting to flaming, that's all this post is a long pile of flaming negative rant, so I am responding accordingly. Also, you started this thread 3 hours ago and are still posting on it... Grow up. Now I'm back to work at y Job.

Phone post so don't mind the errors

The truth of the matter, MG has pickud up players. Booth wasnt a risk, we got rid of to aging players for him, and booth is now starting the season under our system. Alot of teams make moves and looks like the right one at the time. philli got Iylia Bryzgalov, turne out to be a bust for now. But could turn into the player they hope. Iylia kovelchuck was a bust his first year with the devils then after geting used to the system had a solid year. Jeff carter looked like a solid player for columbus but was also a bust.

So Minni got Suter and parise, both could be a bust. Just cus they cost 100 mill doesnt mean they will play like it.

No, nor a fail, just reActing in the sane manner you planned in reacting to flaming, that's all this post is a long pile of flaming negative rant, so I am responding accordingly. Also, you started this thread 3 hours ago and are still posting on it... Grow up. Now I'm back to work at y Job.

Phone post so don't mind the errors

Maybe this an outside the box stretch but; I wonder if the fact that recently our star player, Daniel and a longtime dman, Salo, were victims of cheap shots and there was no response.

Not trying to start a "do we need a goon" thread because we don't but considering our top players are a focus for physicality and the culture has become to retaliate via the "power play" cough, cough. Some players would rather sign with teams they feel more physically supported.

Please just stop.

I mean say whatever you have to say...complain about whatever you have to complain about but holy christ on a cross all this "fail" crap and premature responses in the OP because you know what you have to say is not well thought out and in general just comes off as pissing and moaning make you come off like a 9 year old.

This is a piss and moan thread and that's fine...kind of...Don't then turn it into a piss and moan thread from a seemingly petulant child.

Also....free agency is 5 days old. Players want to play other places. Lots of time left to make trades and there are still plenty of free agents left out there to sign. That's the problem with threads like this....they never come at the appropriate time. You prematurely evacuated this thread out of your brain.

How does this work now....uh...if you disagree with me go do one STFU and I don't give a flying ****. (See how stupid that seems?)

Do our scouts have a clue.

Am I the only one seeing a pattern here? We rid ourselves of perfectly good players and sign "roll of the dice futures"..........if we are lucky. Sammy says hi from Detroit!

Is MG getting fed magic mushrooms by his scouts. When are we going to pick up some guys who we can look at and say "Ye he'll take us that extra step?"

To be honest as I said on my other thread I did expect some of these additions after Boston but here we are still waiting while other teams keep going for proven and capable players.

I know some happy clappers on here will condemn me and say it is early and they are right...........if it was only now we were talking about .............but this farce has gone on too long.

I want to be excited, inspired, dazed, by our signings not have to listen to MG spouting about a guys character and what he will do for us (hopefully) 3 years down the line.

We will also get the usual suspects now saying.............we should not pay over the odds, or we should realise that there are 29 other clubs after that player, or not everyone wants to come here (should that read "no one?") why not? Are we that bad?

Something is not right. I'm frankly not interested if the guy sings in the choir or helps old ladies across the road. I'm not concerned about our "hometown discount" I want to see this team get the 3 or 4 missing pieces, able to play to-day and not 3 years down the line while Daniel and Henrik don't need zimmers to get onto the ice.

Now a note from our sponsors.

If you only want to come on this thread to flame me .............heres the only reply you will get.......in advance ..........STFU!

If you only want to make a smart ass comment ..............go do one.

If you think I should not be questioning MG and his scouts ..............I couldn't give a flying puck.

Disagree with me all you want but keep it respectful.

Thanks.

Bodee,

I think I get what you are getting at. It is frustrating when your team comes so close to the ultimate prize but barely misses it. And then in the next couple years you want to see the appropriate adjustments made to push the team over the hump. I get this and I feel the same, however....

You should listen to what some of the other posters have said other than just shooting down every comment that doesn't agree with your post (sounds dictator like, haha). We have a very solid team and are ranked top five to win the cup according to vegas as per Sportsnet this morning. It isn't time to start panicking yet. I would say your post would be more valid if we were in Calgary's position. Now that is a team that has had horrible scouting and years of minor tweaking to improve their mediocre team.

I think it made sense for Min to pick up Parise and Suter. They had the cap space and really need a boost to get them out of that 'Calgary Mediocrity'.

With that being said I think it makes sense for us to be doing the 'Garrison' and 'Booth' type player tweaks. We have our core, now we just need a couple of pieces.

With that being said, I think you are right in that if MG doesn't address a couple issues I myself will be frustrated. I think he addressed defence, and now we really need a third line centre and possibly a 25 goal/play maker second line winger. We have some cap space and Luongo to get those pieces. Lets be patient, MG is doing a pretty good job. I am pretty happy with our team.

Bodee,

I think I get what you are getting at. It is frustrating when your team comes so close to the ultimate prize but barely misses it. And then in the next couple years you want to see the appropriate adjustments made to push the team over the hump. I get this and I feel the same, however....

You should listen to what some of the other posters have said other than just shooting down every comment that doesn't agree with your post (sounds dictator like, haha). We have a very solid team and are ranked top five to win the cup according to vegas as per Sportsnet this morning. It isn't time to start panicking yet. I would say your post would be more valid if we were in Calgary's position. Now that is a team that has had horrible scouting and years of minor tweaking to improve their mediocre team.

I think it made sense for Min to pick up Parise and Suter. They had the cap space and really need a boost to get them out of that 'Calgary Mediocrity'.

With that being said I think it makes sense for us to be doing the 'Garrison' and 'Booth' type player tweaks. We have our core, now we just need a couple of pieces.

With that being said, I think you are right in that if MG doesn't address a couple issues I myself will be frustrated. I think he addressed defence, and now we really need a third line centre and possibly a 25 goal/play maker second line winger. We have some cap space and Luongo to get those pieces. Lets be patient, MG is doing a pretty good job. I am pretty happy with our team.

Maybe this an outside the box stretch but; I wonder if the fact that recently our star player, Daniel and a longtime dman, Salo, were victims of cheap shots and there was no response.

Not trying to start a "do we need a goon" thread because we don't but considering our top players are a focus for physicality and the culture has become to retaliate via the "power play" cough, cough. Some players would rather sign with teams they feel more physically supported.

Not that you've provided any evidence to what Gillis hasn't taken advantage of in your OP for specific players apart from Samuelsson, but I don't know if there are many deals I would have done this summer for the prices they took.

Samuelsson with an NTC for two years and a $3M AAV? No.

Salo with an even bigger contract in Tampa? No.

Parise/Suter/Staal/etc? No way.

There are some smaller deals that weren't too bad but that doesn't mean Vancouver was ever in the running for that player. Sometimes deals go down just because it's specific teams. I would have liked to see a goalie moved at the draft for a decent return, but who knows exactly what Gillis was offered/asking for? Schultz would have been a bonus, but we were one of the final teams in consideration, so what'll you do?

There are so many variables and teams all bidding on the same pieces, it's hard to make all the perfect moves to please everyone, and it's apparent he hasn't pleased you.

Archived