The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] hurricanes are out of the nash sweepstakes

Nash has had a point per game season on a team that is absolutely pathetic. If you think he'd be a 60 point guy on another team, playing with a center like Staal, or here for instance, lined up beside the Sedins, you're not thinking straight... Put Nash on a good team with good linemates and he's an 80 point or better player. Playing with passers like the Sedins, he'd be a virtual lock for 40-50 goals...

He hasn't lower his asking price at all, it was reported a the deadline he wants 4 pieces for Rick Nash

-An impact player

-A decent player who can play in a top 9 forward role, can play in the top 6 if it is a defence

-A good prospect

-A 1st round pick

Good luck with that Howson. But I understand where he is coming from, he has only ONE valuable asset in Rick Nash on his team that can turn his franchise around (well, now he has 2, but I doubt he'll move Ryan Murray)

Define virtual look, the guy has never had more than 41 goals in his carrer and that was 4 years ago. I don't care that he played for a crapy team good players can rise above that and make their teams better like Stamkos did.Yes he likely would score more goals with the Sedins but so would Doan, or Bobby Ryan or even Jeff Skinner. So why should the Huricanes or any other team sell the farm for this guy who has yet to prove he is the elite 50 goal scorer everyone thinks he is?Skinner for Nash even straight up would not be a good trade for the Canes.Skinner had similar point totals in his last 2 years, is far cheaper and much younger with a highe ceiling.

He hasn't lower his asking price at all, it was reported a the deadline he wants 4 pieces for Rick Nash

-An impact player

-A decent player who can play in a top 9 forward role, can play in the top 6 if it is a defence

-A good prospect

-A 1st round pick

Good luck with that Howson. But I understand where he is coming from, he has only ONE valuable asset in Rick Nash on his team that can turn his franchise around (well, now he has 2, but I doubt he'll move Ryan Murray)

Archived