The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] hurricanes are out of the nash sweepstakes

Define virtual look, the guy has never had more than 41 goals in his carrer and that was 4 years ago. I don't care that he played for a crapy team good players can rise above that and make their teams better like Stamkos did.Yes he likely would score more goals with the Sedins but so would Doan, or Bobby Ryan or even Jeff Skinner. So why should the Huricanes or any other team sell the farm for this guy who has yet to prove he is the elite 50 goal scorer everyone thinks he is?Skinner for Nash even straight up would not be a good trade for the Canes.Skinner had similar point totals in his last 2 years, is far cheaper and much younger with a highe ceiling.

Take Schroeder and the 1st out. Final offer. Booth and Raymond - over 40 goals, a lot of speed, one power forward, one hell of a speedy, backchecking player about to re-break out.... the Canucks take on more salary. That's it - that's the best I'd offer.

Or a franchise goaltender - Luongo for Nash straight up - nothing more.

No likey? Ham on Wonder bread.

Completely moronic offer, the Booth/Raymond idea, I don't even think Mike Milbury would look at a deal like that and want to do it.

As for Luongo for Nash, I'd see it as a fair deal, except there is no way in hell that Luongo would waive his NTC to go to Columbus.

An elite talent like Nash is worth more than a couple of players who combined can reach his point potential. That trade would probably even be rejected on xbox. Even with throwing in Schroeder and a first we're pretty well coming out on top. Such a proposal has likely already been rejected.

He hasn't lower his asking price at all, it was reported a the deadline he wants 4 pieces for Rick Nash

-An impact player

-A decent player who can play in a top 9 forward role, can play in the top 6 if it is a defence

-A good prospect

-A 1st round pick

Good luck with that Howson. But I understand where he is coming from, he has only ONE valuable asset in Rick Nash on his team that can turn his franchise around (well, now he has 2, but I doubt he'll move Ryan Murray)

Show you the reason why? Only a blind person couldn't see that Booth and Raymond wouldn't get you a player anywhere near Nash's quality. Booth was a risk to take, after his concussion history, and his 16 goal season (23 goal pace if he'd played 82 games, exactly the same as his previous year's pace) doesn't say he's the same player he was before the concussion, and even THAT player was just a guy who had a single 30 goal season. Then you want to add in a guy coming back from a broken back, who scored 10 goals. So two damaged goods players for a 1st line big, fast, and talented forward?

Howson wants too much, which is idiotic, but no more idiotic than a lowball deal that nobody in their right mind would do either.

Nash has had a point per game season on a team that is absolutely pathetic. If you think he'd be a 60 point guy on another team, playing with a center like Staal, or here for instance, lined up beside the Sedins, you're not thinking straight... Put Nash on a good team with good linemates and he's an 80 point or better player. Playing with passers like the Sedins, he'd be a virtual lock for 40-50 goals...

With the cap floor and ceiling so high Nash's value has gone up in my opinion. Not saying what Howson is asking for is reasonable but the fact is with a lower cap numbers Nash's 7.8m cap hit was a non starter for a lot of teams looking to acquire him. I don't know what the asking price will end up being but what I'm saying is a lot more teams are probably interested now with a 70m cap than they were previously.

Archived