The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Patrick Mullen

With Baumer retiring and Parent being let go, the Canucks needed more depth on the Wolves. Maybe Joslin or Mullen will surprise and make the team (or just move further up the depth chart), but it's always good to have more depth.

The team can only have around 50? contracts at any one time, they don't need a pile of guys to deal with 50 contracts per year. Plenty of scouts but the scouts find and assess the guys, they aren't writing the contracts...

Actually they don't look that good for the Wolves either.

Yet again I can't get my head round this. We have a need for big strong defence men, we have a finite number of places to fill in Chicago in the hope that they can maybe one day slot into the team. Surely thats the point of having a feeder team.

But

Mullen is 26 years old 6'-0 and 181 lbs ..........he has 30 points in 111 AHL games

Joslin 25 years is at least a decent size at 6'-1" and 210 lbs..............but he has 16 points in 97 NHL games.

I think we can do better for Chicago AND Vancouver than these two.

I watched Chicago a lot and believe me it is a good job they had Lack and Climie. The defence was a bit like ours, pretty good on offence but short on defence............maybe that's where these two fit in.......but I would like to think we could have done better.

Actually they don't look that good for the Wolves either.

Yet again I can't get my head round this. We have a need for big strong defence men, we have a finite number of places to fill in Chicago in the hope that they can maybe one day slot into the team. Surely thats the point of having a feeder team.

But

Mullen is 26 years old 6'-0 and 181 lbs ..........he has 30 points in 111 AHL games

Joslin 25 years is at least a decent size at 6'-1" and 210 lbs..............but he has 16 points in 97 NHL games.

I think we can do better for Chicago AND Vancouver than these two.

I watched Chicago a lot and believe me it is a good job they had Lack and Climie. The defence was a bit like ours, pretty good on offence but short on defence............maybe that's where these two fit in.......but I would like to think we could have done better.

idiot, without the AHL most of the players in this league won't be developed into the players they are today

and when injuries come by, you won't have many guys to sign to fill in spots you goof

aside from responding to this guy...

he'll be a decent addition for our right handed defensemens

Archived