125 replies to this topic

#91 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I don't understand this. So you want us to just have NHL roster players, no players who can potentially surprise people later on? I guess there's no such thing as a cap in today's NHL then?

Getting these kind of players, one could almost think of them as prospects. They may stay in the AHL, they might crack a roster spot. Just look at Ebbett, Pinizotto, Bitz, Rome.... who would have thought Rome would have made it?

Your comment is bold and easily fallible as soon as one of these two makes a roster spot. lol

I don't get some people. You get two players who may or may not work out in the future at no loss. Why not try it.

#92 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

You cared enough to bitch about me bitchin about an AHL signing. You're just as bitchy as me. What's your point? - just sayin'.

I contributed towards the thread by saying he's not a bad pickup. What have you done in this thread besides being an attention whore? Yeah, just sayin'.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#93 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Rofl.

I know.

Best post in weeks.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#94 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

I contributed towards the thread by saying he's not a bad pickup. What have you done in this thread besides being an attention whore? Yeah, just sayin'.

Iv'e expressed my opinion that I don't think MG should be wasting his time signing plugs. Disagreeing with you doesn't make me an attention whore. If everyone all agreed with each other there would be no point in forums or conversation. - just sayin'
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#95 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

You have no idea how the league runs do you? Without the AHL the NHL wouldn't function. 95% of players spend their time developing there, and without it, there would be no process for entering the NHL.
If MG doesn't care for our farm team, (much like a real farm) our prospects won't properly develop into the players they are supposed to be. The better the coaching, the team, and the opportunities they have, the better probability of them turning into successful NHL players for OUR team (or at least trade bait).
So unless you don't care about the success of our prospects (which you are probably one of those complainers who complain about our weak prospect pool), you should care about whether they find success in the AHL.
But I guess MG is the mediocre one for bettering both franchises by ensuring the success of the farm, and you are the genius on the internet who says just ignore the prospects, they can develop themselves. That will work.

Oh believe you me, I know how the league runs sonny Jim. Never said the AHL wasn't important, I'm just saying I couldn't care less. And what does "the success of our prospects" have to do with the signing of two middle aged plugs who will most likely never see the light of day in the NHL? I highly doubt Mullen or Joslin is going to mentor Jensen into becoming the next Pavel Datsyuk. These signings piss me off cause the big team (you know the one trying to win a cup) is not good enough to win a cup as it stands. This should be Gillis' priority! He could have signed these two clowns in september!
Posted Image

Previously:

#96 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

we're so winning the cup.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#97 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Iv'e expressed my opinion that I don't think MG should be wasting his time signing plugs. Disagreeing with you doesn't make me an attention whore. If everyone all agreed with each other there would be no point in forums or conversation. - just sayin'

No, you are more or less stating that AHL players are useless and that nobody cares about them and the league. That is your opinion.

You've also been flamed by users all over this thread so I don't see why you're even bothering to respond.

It's not the fact that you disagree with me that you look foolish in this thread.

You are not even commenting on the fact that his stats SEEM to show that he has room to grow - I never said he'll be the next Brett Hull. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. What does AHL bashing have anything to do with it? Newsflash - A LOT of players go through the AHL, especially defenseman.

Edited by Dazzle, 05 July 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#98 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,870 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hopefully they never play an NHL game next season. I really hope these guys aren't supposed to replace Rome, and that they're just here for the Wolves.
Posted Image

#99 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

No, you are more or less stating that AHL players are useless and that nobody cares about them and the league. That is your opinion.

You've also been flamed by users all over this thread so I don't see why you're even bothering to respond.

It's not the fact that you disagree with me that you look foolish in this thread.

You are not even commenting on the fact that his stats SEEM to show that he has room to grow - I never said he'll be the next Brett Hull. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. What does AHL bashing have anything to do with it? Newsflash - A LOT of players go through the AHL, especially defenseman.

I don't care about the AHL in the sense that it should not be a priority. Gillis should be focusing his time on the NHL club before anything else!

I'm being flamed by two clowns who started this whole argument to begin with because they disagree with me.

The 11 +1's on my first post tell me more people agree with me than they do with you.

EDIT: just sayin'

Edited by 6OH!4, 05 July 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:

#100 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

This guy will replace Aaron Rome in all the jokes

#101 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,852 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hopefully they never play an NHL game next season. I really hope these guys aren't supposed to replace Rome, and that they're just here for the Wolves.

Look at Aaron Romes stats before he came here. He was NOTHING before AV.

Point is people were saying the same thing about Rome when we signed him. We watched him develop into the Beast he is today.
Posted Image

#102 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

People like you are fake hockey fans, and don't know the business of hockey, you seem like you'd be annoying as hell to watch a Canucks game with. How are they plugs?? Mike Gillis said before July 1st they were gonna sign some young players for the farm, and this is it right here, its not a waste of time. These players develop, and could help the Canucks one day, and hell, maybe win a cup, then would you be complaining? Do you not like the Jason Garrison signing? 3rd in defenceman scoring in the NHL. How do you know he's not trying to sign and trade other players?? His offers have been rejected from Florida and Toronto, so there's plenty of trying, he's the best GM we've ever had and turned this franchise around. Remember 2007-2008? Yeah, so do I, we woulda seen that over and over again had it not been for Mike Gillis.

Edited by Canucks_fo_life, 05 July 2012 - 09:01 PM.

I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#103 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I don't care about the AHL in the sense that it should not be a priority. Gillis should be focusing his time on the NHL club before anything else!

I'm being flamed by two clowns who started this whole argument to begin with because they disagree with me.

The 11 +1's on my first post tell me more people agree with me than they do with you.

Maybe I should lecture you right now. This is why so many Canuck fans get the bad reputation for being so notoriously clueless about hockey.

An NHL general manager makes more than just moves for the NHL team but also signs players that fill the AHL team since the Chicago Wolves (the affiliate) NEEDS players too. The benefit is that a player has an opportunity to go to the big leagues but also has some security in case that doesn't work out immediately. Since no hockey team is 100 percent healthy from start to finish, it is very common for players to be recalled up to the big leagues and this is what is called 'depth'.

There is nothing wrong with signing depth. Depth can come early or late.

The AHL is more or less a development league for young prospects wanting to get professional grooming into the eventual entry of the NHL but this doesn't always work out immediately or not at all. Yet you never know - a player could surprise and could find his stride.

Are you serious? Going with the forum + argument as the basis of your superiority? Lulz!

You have neglected the fact that you're lucky that there aren't any negs.

They disagree with you because you are making moronic comments about how nobody cares about the AHL. You don't care about the AHL but do you represent everyone's beliefs? I think not.

It's clear that you're wrong and the more you post, the more ammo I get to fire back. Please keep it coming so I can expose you for the ignorant hockey fan that you are.

#104 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Maybe I should lecture you right now. This is why so many Canuck fans get the bad reputation for being so notoriously clueless about hockey.

An NHL general manager makes more than just moves for the NHL team but also signs players that fill the AHL team since the Chicago Wolves (the affiliate) NEEDS players too. The benefit is that a player has an opportunity to go to the big leagues but also has some security in case that doesn't work out immediately. Since no hockey team is 100 percent healthy from start to finish, it is very common for players to be recalled up to the big leagues and this is what is called 'depth'.

The AHL is more or less a development league for young prospects wanting to get professional grooming into the eventual entry of the NHL but this doesn't always work out immediately or not at all. Yet you never know - a player could surprise and could find his stride.

Are you serious? Going with the forum + argument as the basis of your superiority? Lulz!

They disagree with you because you are making moronic comments about how nobody cares about the AHL. You don't care about the AHL but do you represent everyone's beliefs? I think not.

It's clear that you're wrong and the more you post, the more ammo I get to fire back. Please keep it coming so I can expose you for the ignorant hockey fan that you are.

#105 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Look at Aaron Romes stats before he came here. He was NOTHING before AV.

Point is people were saying the same thing about Rome when we signed him. We watched him develop into the Beast he is today.

Are you serious?

He's a defenceman that was overplayed heavily by AV - I don't call that beastly.

#106 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

The problem is, you assume these signings are plugs. Have you seen them play? Have you seen if they work hard or not? Please enlighten us on why you think they are plugs? If you think it's because they are not good players, then why do you think they are not good players?

Bashing is different than constructive criticism. So far all you seem to want to do is bash.

Edited by The Lock, 05 July 2012 - 09:06 PM.

This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#107 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Signing depth players in anticipation of moving a roster D-man. Luongo trade might be happening soon, or could be bringing in someone else.

Edler for Weber? :bigblush:

Lets hope so, I hope this doesnt count us out for weber
Posted Image

#108 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Parent and Gragnani replacements
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#109 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Suck it Minnesota.

:lol:
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#110 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

People like you are fake hockey fans, and don't know the business of hockey, you seem like you'd be annoying as hell to watch a Canucks game with. How are they plugs?? Mike Gillis said before July 1st they were gonna sign some young players for the farm, and this is it right here, its not a waste of time. These players develop, and could help the Canucks one day, and hell, maybe win a cup, then would you be complaining? Do you not like the Jason Garrison signing? 3rd in defenceman scoring in the NHL. How do you know he's not trying to sign and trade other players?? His offers have been rejected from Florida and Toronto, so there's plenty of trying, he's the best GM we've ever had and turned this franchise around. Remember 2007-2008? Yeah, so do I, we woulda seen that over and over again had it not been for Mike Gillis.

Fake hockey fan? As opposed to a real hockey fan such as yourself?
I like hockey; therefore, I am a hockey fan. Not quite sure what you're getting at.

I actually like the Garrison signing (despite the contract) because he actually improves the team that matters!

You say these guys are young, but they're in their mid 20's! They're not going to get any better. They are career AHL'ers

Patrick Mullen is a plug because he's 26 years old and has yet to play a game in the nhl. Derik Joslin is a plug because there's a reason why he was bought out by the Hurricanes. He's not very good.

NO sh*t Sherlock! The AHL is all fine and dandy, but we're trying to win a cup here! We have much greater needs such as a second line winger and a third line centre, and Gills is signing players that are a) in their prime and not going to get better and b have had limited success on teams worse than ours. You say Patrick Mullen is depth, but he's never played a game in the NHL! Yann Sauve is higher on the depth chart than this guy!

But, at the end of the day, I can't take anything you say seriously because you're more interested in winning the Calder cup than the Stanley cup.

Edited by 6OH!4, 05 July 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:

#111 sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Why you getting personal bud. I want to win a cup. Signing a couple plugs for the AHL doesn't make the canucks better nor do I care if the Wolves come in last or in first. But that's just me. If you care about the Wolves success, then more power to you. Just don't drag me down to your level of mediocrity.

Haha... oh man... Alex Burrows was once one of those 'plugs' from the AHL. Same with Rick Rypien.

And that AHL team we're signing for helped develop Kesler, Bieksa, Edler, Hansen and Schneider, to name a few. No farm team, no Canucks. You think they can just walk onto the ice ready to roll? Success, even at the minor level, is important for our prospects and future. So yeah there's nothing mediocre about it.

I'd give up on defending yourself on this one, you're gonna look progressively more silly.

Edited by sirwilliam, 05 July 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#112 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

I think MG is thinking these will be our 8th and 9th dman in our depth being that alberts is number 7 both are 6foot or taller at lease we have taking care of our dman depth problem for now. good depth sighing MG

Good depth signing eh? Exactly how many games have you watched this guy play to know that he's a good depth signing. Also, it's not exactly a coup by getting two d-men who are both around 6 feet tall.

#113 Droj

Droj

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

I can't believe how much animosity this signing has caused...

Seriously though, if this signing has upset you to the point of anger towards other people, then perhaps it's time for you to take a break and go outside.

I really don't know about this guy as I have never seen him play. It is important to keep our affiliate happy though, it's what good GM's do.

#114 The.Luongo1

The.Luongo1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

I like hockey; therefore, I am a hockey fan. Not quite sure what you're getting at.

I actually like the Garrison signing (despite the contract) because he actually improves the team that matters!

You say these guys are young, but they're in their mid 20's! They're not going to get any better. They are career AHL'ers

Patrick Mullen is a plug because he's 26 years old and has yet to play a game in the nhl. Derik Joslin is a plug because there's a reason why he was bought out by the Hurricanes. He's not very good.

NO sh*t Sherlock! The AHL is all fine and dandy, but we're trying to win a cup here! We have much greater needs such as a second line winger and a third line centre, and Gills is signing players that are a) in their prime and not going to get better and b have had limited success on teams worse than ours. You say Patrick Mullen is depth, but he's never played a game in the NHL! Yann Sauve is higher on the depth chart than this guy!

But, at the end of the day, I can't take anything you say seriously because you're more interested in winning the Calder cup than the Stanley cup.

They're plugs? Both of them are getting payed to play hockey... You on the other hand are too busy being the champion of the interwebs... Don't quit your day job.... Oh... wait... :emot-parrot:

Accomplishment's they've done > accomplishment's you've done... AINEC
Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

http://www.quanthock...istribution.php

Here is the distribution of age for nhl players entering their rookie season. Most player do indeed start their careers earlier, but there's still a decent margin that start their careers late. Most of those players are likely ones who have been cut off from their original team and succeeded on a new team.

In the case of Joslin, he's had some NHL experience already. He played an average of 10 minutes a game last year in his 44 games. That's plenty of time for our scouts to determine what we think of him. They obviously see something you don't.

#116 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

They're plugs? Both of them are getting payed to play hockey... You on the other hand are too busy being the champion of the interwebs... Don't quit your day job.... Oh... wait... :emot-parrot:

Accomplishment's they've done > accomplishment's you've done... AINEC

OH good one buddy!! The whole "let's see if you can do better" argument. Haven't heard that one before.

• . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--
Posted Image

Previously:

#117 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Haha... oh man... Alex Burrows was once one of those 'plugs' from the AHL. Same with Rick Rypien.

And that AHL team we're signing for helped develop Kesler, Bieksa, Edler, Hansen and Schneider, to name a few. No farm team, no Canucks. You think they can just walk onto the ice ready to roll? Success, even at the minor level, is important for our prospects and future. So yeah there's nothing mediocre about it.

I'd give up on defending yourself on this one, you're gonna look progressively more silly.

I'm not defending myself. I know I'm right. If anything, I'm going to stop trying to convince the dozen or so close minded clowns that the Canucks is the priority. If you hapless fans think Joslin and Mullen are helpful players, then clearly you guys have jumped ship and should just become Flames fans. They're as mediocre as it gets so you guy's will fit in to that fan base quite nicely. You guys can be satisfied with mediocrity all you want, just don't drag me down to your level.

/end thread.

Good day and good riddance!

Edited by 6OH!4, 06 July 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:

#118 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,514 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Suck it Minnesota.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

The man just straight up told you that these signings add depth, and the players can find their stride in the AHL and hopefully be able to make the NHL in years to come. From these points, you come up with the fact that he'd rather win a "Calder cup than a Stanley Cup."

You sir, have some fine comprehension and intelligence.
GO CANUCKS GO!

#120 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm not defending myself. I know I'm right. If anything, I'm going to stop trying to convince the dozen or so close minded clowns that the Canucks is the priority. If you hapless fans think Joslin and Mullen are helpful players, then clearly you guys have jumped ship and should just become Flames fans. They're as mediocre as it gets so you guy's will fit in to that fan base quite nicely. You guys can be satisfied with mediocrity all you want, just don't drag me down to your level.

/end thread.

Good day and good riddance!

This proves 6OH!3 is just a troll. He has yet to respond to any of my posts. He's not willing to go against facts and figures.

Guys, just leave this be. You've all won against 6OH!3 as long as you don't feed the troll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.