The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Patrick Mullen

Why you getting personal bud. I want to win a cup. Signing a couple plugs for the AHL doesn't make the canucks better nor do I care if the Wolves come in last or in first. But that's just me. If you care about the Wolves success, then more power to you. Just don't drag me down to your level of mediocrity.

Why you getting personal bud. I want to win a cup. Signing a couple plugs for the AHL doesn't make the canucks better nor do I care if the Wolves come in last or in first. But that's just me. If you care about the Wolves success, then more power to you. Just don't drag me down to your level of mediocrity.

I don't understand this. So you want us to just have NHL roster players, no players who can potentially surprise people later on? I guess there's no such thing as a cap in today's NHL then?

Getting these kind of players, one could almost think of them as prospects. They may stay in the AHL, they might crack a roster spot. Just look at Ebbett, Pinizotto, Bitz, Rome.... who would have thought Rome would have made it?

Your comment is bold and easily fallible as soon as one of these two makes a roster spot. lol

You have no idea how the league runs do you? Without the AHL the NHL wouldn't function. 95% of players spend their time developing there, and without it, there would be no process for entering the NHL.

If MG doesn't care for our farm team, (much like a real farm) our prospects won't properly develop into the players they are supposed to be. The better the coaching, the team, and the opportunities they have, the better probability of them turning into successful NHL players for OUR team (or at least trade bait).

So unless you don't care about the success of our prospects (which you are probably one of those complainers who complain about our weak prospect pool), you should care about whether they find success in the AHL.

But I guess MG is the mediocre one for bettering both franchises by ensuring the success of the farm, and you are the genius on the internet who says just ignore the prospects, they can develop themselves. That will work.

Iv'e expressed my opinion that I don't think MG should be wasting his time signing plugs. Disagreeing with you doesn't make me an attention whore. If everyone all agreed with each other there would be no point in forums or conversation. - just sayin'

No, you are more or less stating that AHL players are useless and that nobody cares about them and the league. That is your opinion.

You've also been flamed by users all over this thread so I don't see why you're even bothering to respond.

It's not the fact that you disagree with me that you look foolish in this thread.

You are not even commenting on the fact that his stats SEEM to show that he has room to grow - I never said he'll be the next Brett Hull. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. What does AHL bashing have anything to do with it? Newsflash - A LOT of players go through the AHL, especially defenseman.

Archived