The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Where do you stand on our 3rd line center vacancy?

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third Line Center Vacancy  

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If there's any connection to Luongo and Florida. I'd like to have a guy like Marcel Goc. One of my favorite bottom six forwards for a while now but yeah, gonna have to trade for one. Nothing left in the free agent market.

Ideally, You'd obviously want a guy with two-way abilities, that has enough offensive to step in on a offensive role. Hmm, kind of sounds like Antti Miettinen.

The only reason I didn't vote for Lappy as #3 is I think the 4th line needs him, I'm not really comfortable with Manny there (4th) if that line's role is to bang and crash. Lappy is far better at that role, and if he were on the 3rd line, who would centre the bang/crash fourth line? I like Manny but I really am not sure where he fits given what's said. Maybe just as winger who takes 4th line faceoffs on Lappy's wing. In that case, someone else from the farm should be given a shot at some ice time on line 3.

Im fine with Lappy centering the 3rd line temporarily, but i would give Gaunce the 9 game try out, he has NHL size and could be a pleasant suprise.

If were going the trade route, I would like MG to target:

Brassard, Dubinsky, Bjugstad.

I would love to bring Jason Arnott in. I can't believe more people don't talk about him. 2-2.5 million should pick him up. He's a big solid vet who has won the cup, is good on both sides of the ice, and would be amazing in the locker room. He is the perfect 3rd line center and could play on the 2nd line until Kesler comes back from injury.

Peter Meuller would be another good pick up. He has been hampered with injuries in the past but he has size and could be interchangable on the wing on the top 3 lines when Kesler comes back.

Definately trade for one. Dubinsky would be PERFECT and due to his slightly below average year, his value isn't as high as it normally is.

Get'r done Gillis

-Henrik Sedin

-Ryan Kesler

-Bryan Dubinsky

-Maxim Lapierre

Arnotts still a FA.

For the right price, Dubinsky would be great.

Bjugstad from Florida could very well be ready for an NHL role if we were to trade for him.

I think Lappy could handle the role without much issue, but I would still rather have a guy who could play on the 2nd while Kes is out, and then be a great 3rd liner down the stretch.

I'd like to see Shroeder get the spot. At some poimt we need to bring in our prospects. I think that is one of the reasons we're having a problem getting young talents to our organisation. Most of our prospects doesn't get there chance before they are 22ish. And most of the teams that wins the cup have a rookie contract in their line-up. And with confidence young players make great impact.

IDK. I think Lapierre put up some pretty good numbers considering Hodgson/Pahlsson had the 3rd line spot for most of the season.

9 goals. Lead the team in hits. 2nd in fighting majors. 52% faceoffs.

I think Lapierre and Malhotra have the middle covered next season. I'd rather see more top 6 scoring options than crowding the bottom 6 with the options out there.

I'd rather get Brandon Dubinsky personally...

I'm not sure this guy is qualified to play in a checking role.

Bryan Dubinsky

HOMETOWN: Nanaimo, British Columbia

BIO: Bryan is a highly qualified hairdresser, whose education includes the prestigious Toni & Guy and Sassoon salons.

Bryan, who works out of his home in Nanaimo, describes himself as a classic-type stylist who makes his clients look classier, fresher, and younger.

Hairdressing continues to bring joy and creativity to Bryan’s life. He says, “The day you stop loving what you do, is the day you go to work."

Arnott for 3rd line center and sign Mueller for 2nd line. Don't really want to just trade Lu to meet current needs (e.g. for 3rd line center or goalie), it should be smarter to build for the future esp. with the way the team is now.

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Mueller

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen (size, grit, scoring, defense, two play makers for Arnott the shooter)

Don't want to count Lapierre or possibly Gaunce out of the 3rd line, but we'll see (still pining for Jason Arnott).

Archived