The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to Escape the Friendzone

OrdinaryBoy

This is not a joke. Its a sad fact.

Ont thing that worked for me when I was younger and friendzoned:

- tell all of her friends that you really really like her and want to go out with her. Tell everybody she talks to regularly. Tell them all a bunch of times.

- whenever shes next around (and all her friends have told her how into her you are) and shes completely prepared to tell you that she doesnt think of you that way or whatever when you try to hit on her, dont hit on her, dont even talk to her,completely ignore her and anything she does say just kinda acknowledge it with a shrug or walk away. She will be all "hes supposed to really like me. Whats wrong? " and of course she will start to think shes no longer attractive or getting fat or its something to do with her.

- start telling all her friends that your no longer into her and continue ignoring her in person and if they confront you about ignoring her just say you didnt realize but continue ignoring her completely and continue telling everyone how you no longer like her like that.

- Itll drive her nuts and erode her self esteem and she may think your a lunatic but this gets back to the original point made by Caboose. Girls like guys that treat them like dirt. Some of you girls will say "no we dont" but youll be lying.

- The end result is she has to reevaluate you and either shes no longer your friend or shes into you. Either way your out of the friendzone and either have the girl you want or are completely free to go find the next girl you want without the first one still calling you for rides and s***.

This thread is hilarious. I recently broke out of the friendzone with a girl I've been really good friends with for years. It wasn't intentional per se, I valued our friendship enough to not risk messing it up by pursuing anything more than that. In her words..."Act like an asshole for 2 years. Date other ppl but text everyday. 3rd year, hang out w/ her and drink together a lot. Flirt while drinking and deny liking her at all costs. Wait for her to get a bf, leave the country. Then meet her in a foreign one and be ridiculously aggressive. Bam. In 4 years, you'll have her hahah"

The relationship has been great just because we know each other so well. To the tough guys saying breaking the friendzone is immature, you clearly don't have the stones for someone you think is a quality gal. Instead you'll continue slaying sewer rats at your local club. Enjoy!

I don't disagree with that; a friendship can definitely evolve into a relationship over time. However, trying to force that change isn't healthy. Playing mind games and implementing manipulation tactics isn't a fair thing to do to a friend. You're taking advantage of her trust. I agree with Malaria, the very concept of getting out of a 'friendzone' shows immaturity.

BE (you should NOT have to act very much) confident, SET YOUR BOUNDARIES/ EXPECTATIONS for what you want the relationship to be, then grow a pair and let her know in person but MAKE SURE that you'd be fine if you guys didn't just stay friends (e.g. if you guys fell apart after telling her b/c it could happen). Don't pressure her or be a little nag if you get turned down, for whatever reason.

More importantly try to have your own/ other options, not just to provoke jealousy but to genuinely have things going on in your life, which could also help. Develop your own style and live/ dress in it (given that it looks nice :P).

Have your own thing, otherwise don't really even bother to be in a relationship (or leave that friend zone), b/c that relationship could very easily become that of a parasite and a host (you'd just be clinging to them, looking to be fulfilled by them yet you remain devoid of having your own personality and you're draining the life/ energy out of them).

As powerful as the Jealousy card is, it's a low, low, LOW maneuver. There's as big a chance of making them despise you for doing that as there is a chance of "succeeding". Sure, it's good to make them think, "man he's awesome, why did I let him go?" by genuinely being an awesome, confident man, but don't take your front or revenge "tactics" too far, otherwise even if they did start to like you they could lose their feelings for good (they could start to develop feelings for others if you treat them badly or ignore them for too long, then you'd lose out again).

What's worse, if you play that card by using your relationship with someone else to get back at the person who didn't give you a chance, you'd be hurting two people at the same time. Then, you'd be lucky to even be considered for the friend zone and not tossed in the scum bin.

No, what you say is reasonable.

However, should you supress your feelings to maintain a friendship?

I'm not advocating playing mind games, just changing your behaviour so the woman in question sees you differently, same as if you went on a diet or renewed your wardrobe.

I think this is the same asking a girl out who thinks you're just friends; these strategies are just to make you seem more attractive and confident.

Guys who are in the friendzone (I use that term both because I am immature and because I don't have a better one) are generally nice guys.

If you're already friends it is assumed you enjoy being with the person. The next step is simple.

If you are a girl: Become attractive.

If you are a boy: Become attractive and/or rich.

You're welcome for the advice.

Archived