The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-sign Bitz ?

DaMacNamedDre

Thoughts on re-signing Byron Bitz ?

i think we should re-sign him and add one super heavyweight to the roster.

The guy can skate, he's got decent hands for a big man and when he was put with the Twins they actually produced. Not saying he's the Bobby Ryan we need with H+Daniel but i would rather have Bitz in the Lineup than Raymond/Wiese/Malhotra(coaching in Chicago soon)

If MG can resign Bitz for a fair price i would like to see what he could do if he could get healthy.

6"5 is the new blueprint and it would be wise to keep as many big men that actually drop the gloves around as possible.

Flame away Raymond fanboys but i need to see this team toughen up substantially and start defending themselves or i will be looking for a new team to support.

The non answers on the cheap shots by Duncan Keith, Brad Marchand and Dustin Brown are an embarrassment to the club and to anyone wearing the colors.

Bitz,Kassian,Volpatti and one absolute savage would be ideal.

meh, I don't think we need a big guy to police, Bieksa and Kassian are more than capable of handling any retaliations, they just need to step up. Bitz' 1 fight was unimpressive, outside his pairing with the twins he was kind of a plug. It's about time our players stopped asking to settle things and just did it without warning.

meh, I don't think we need a big guy to police, Bieksa and Kassian are more than capable of handling any retaliations, they just need to step up. Bitz' 1 fight was unimpressive, outside his pairing with the twins he was kind of a plug. It's about time our players stopped asking to settle things and just did it without warning.

<_<; OP agreed, I'd rather have him in the lineup than Raymond (who may have more upside but doesn't make enough of an impact)

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Weise - Manny - Bitz

(the right side could look like that, dependent upon whether an upgrade is obtained in the Top 6 so Hansen could stay on the 3rd, or more optimistically Kassian can step up)

Definitely resign him, it's not like resigning one of your grinders is a huge risk. We didn't see much of him last year, but when we did he played well. I say give him a shot, next year hopefully he can stay healthy and earn a spot on the 4th line.

Archived