The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-sign Bitz ?

DaMacNamedDre

i want to support a team that fights for each other and doesn't sit back and watch their best assets get gooned, maybe you do hence the name.

the lack of push back has been atrocious. fans understand this to be the case , stans don't.

much of the fan base agrees that its high time for this team to toughen up.

I have played.. And I still play, and Bitz clearly got carried away. The whole point of being a pro is to not get carried away to the point of costing your team, if you've played, you've been coached and you would know that. If all you can say to this blatantly obvious point is to make some personal assumption about me that's your problem.

In hockey there is 'supposed' to be a mutual level of respect between rivals- even the worst rivals, and even players talk about how that has changed- for the worse.

Maybe the WWF is the sport for you, bud.

That's cool bro. Who are you again? The door is "that-a-way".

Btw, this doesn't imply I am a Raymond fanboy, quite the opposite I think he's a useless pile of crap as far as Top 6 goes, but he's about perfect on the 3rd line.

I'm sick and tired of saying we need a goon, or "legit heavyweight". Great eat up cap space on a useless sack of crap that might play 20-25 games. Personally I'd rather see players who play the marquee minutes toughen up. Kesler, Burrows, Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre, Kassian, Edler, Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard, Tanev are all capable of playing gritty hard nosed hockey.

It's hard to keep that kind of play up all season and be healthy and rested for the playoffs, but I would be content with them being able to elevate the physicality in their game come playoff time. If they can do that we don't need to add goonery to the mix. If we do, we're no better than anyone else.

Hockey never has nor should be an arms race for gooning, it's a game of skill and physicality, what's the point of being physical if you can't play the game?

I agree with this. The problem as I see it is we DO have a tough team, a team who can compete with the best on a physical level..............but not over sets of "best of 7" against teams like Boston (insert any big physical team)........... We get banged up.

I agree to an extent with D.J. but disagree on the finer points. I think we need some bigger combative GOOD players in the team. I don't think thugs belong in our team...........and Bitz is not a bigger version of Rick (I find that insulting)

Everyone looks at our team and thinks we can be bullied. The reason for this imo lies in the the 1st line. We do need a big combative sniping winger who can make the opposition think twice.

Moving Burrows to the 2nd (especially in the absence of Kes) weakens the 2nd line in the same way. Booth is no more intimidating than Burrows. They both have heart but thats about it. I would therefore trade Booth for someone like Ryane Clowe.

I would like to have seen someone like Arnott centre Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd.

The fourth line would be Volpatti, Lapierre Pinizzotto with Weise, Kass and Manny as back up. Pinizzotto seemed quite a handful before his injury and he drops the gloves. They all hit "for fun"

I would be happy if we got someone like Sbisa for Ballard / Edler +/- This guy is a handful and he will imo move up in time. I would also like it if we acquired Cameron Gaunce (Brendan's brother) as he has just the attitude we are looking for and I would see them as a formidable pair further down the line. He was 50th o/a and is currently putting up points and penalty minutes in the Monsters.

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Clowe - Kess - Burrows

Higgins - ? - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Pinizzotto

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Garrison

Sbisa - Tanev

There you go again the word "pocket" was mentioned and you go into some strange sexual fantasies. Why is that? does a pocket have some significance to you? Also you seem to have a problem with ageism, you keep mentioning it as if it is something to be ashamed of, I wonder why,

"but homey don't play that"..........have you suddenly morphed into some rapper now? :)

I can only assume there is something there in your past. As for me, if I was ashamed of my age I wouldn't have shown it..........unlike some who seem afraid to declare it.

Of course this may be something to do with people like you who seem to use any personal knowledge about a poster, as some kind of imagined weapon to throw at them. As I say how sad is that but I suppose cyber stalkers have to start somewhere.

Now it's sheep.......jeez man, that was your fantasy on the last stalking thread you embarrassed yourself on. Your originality it seems knows no "beginning" All this on a hockey forum, you should be ashamed if not embarrassed. I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

The deleted thread was one of my more memorable..........and strangely it was themed on what you yourself write many of your posts on and that is the "need for the Canucks to become more physical, and what we have done/not done about it"

Some people it seems couldn't handle it. (the happy clappers I guess) Nevertheless I thought it was only asking what many on here ask and that is "when are we going to start addressing this lack of physicality?"

Oh well, another day another "drop 'em embarrassing post.

Big, physical player which is what you need across the lineup to win a Cup nowadays. If MG doesn't resign Bitz there is almost no point in trying to get bigger and tougher with guys like Kassian and Booth who he also acquired unless he wants our top-6 to be bigger and bottom-6 to be small and skilled.

Bitz had the hands too, he displayed his skill with the Sedins and I would say is far more offensively talented than guys like Weise, Lapierre, Malhotra and maybe even Hansen. The guy just needs an opportunity - he got a glimpse of one playing with the Sedins for 4 periods and helped them out of a rut, scoring 3 goals in that timespan. What more do these guys want from him?

He was a must-sign in my mind and a huge improvement over younger, less experienced AHLers like Volpatti and Pinizotto.

Hell no I aint no rapper B. I'm an MC and an original OG......dog! So, please don't insult me again by trying to insinuate that I'm only a rapper. That's very hurtful and my feelings are hurt son. You get what I'm sayin playa?

Your pocket referances are as mind boggling as most of your posts and because of that, I aint got no mad respect for ya.

And the only thing in my past, is a long list of biatches who try to call me their babies daddy.

I would put my personal info on here but I try to keep a low profile and don't need any stalkers, be it a uninformed senior citizens like you, or some crazy chick that wants to be my facebook friend. It all starts innocently enough B.

On a serious note, I talked to my grandparents the other day and it made me realize that I really shouldn't be getting into a name calling beef with a geriatric like you Bodee even if it was only over the internet. I got pissed off when I thought about somebody calling them names and realize that I shouldn't stoop to that level with an elderly person. So, for that I apologize.

In saying that, I will still call you out on some, I mean most of your posts that you make that don't make any sense. But that's also for your own good because eventually after so many of us mention it to you, the light might actually go on.

Big, physical player which is what you need across the lineup to win a Cup nowadays. If MG doesn't resign Bitz there is almost no point in trying to get bigger and tougher with guys like Kassian and Booth who he also acquired unless he wants our top-6 to be bigger and bottom-6 to be small and skilled.

Bitz had the hands too, he displayed his skill with the Sedins and I would say is far more offensively talented than guys like Weise, Lapierre, Malhotra and maybe even Hansen. The guy just needs an opportunity - he got a glimpse of one playing with the Sedins for 4 periods and helped them out of a rut, scoring 3 goals in that timespan. What more do these guys want from him?

He was a must-sign in my mind and a huge improvement over younger, less experienced AHLers like Volpatti and Pinizotto.

Could be a good depth signing. Two way under 1M to play mostly with the wolves.

But I'm sure that's not what Bitz wants. He may choose to go to a team that has less depth where he has a better chance to play full time in the NHL.

But I liked him when he was up with the Canucks.

Hell no I aint no rapper B. I'm an MC and an original OG......dog! So, please don't insult me again by trying to insinuate that I'm only a rapper. That's very hurtful and my feelings are hurt son. You get what I'm sayin playa?

Your pocket referances are as mind boggling as most of your posts and because of that, I aint got no mad respect for ya.

And the only thing in my past, is a long list of biatches who try to call me their babies daddy.

I would put my personal info on here but I try to keep a low profile and don't need any stalkers, be it a uninformed senior citizens like you, or some crazy chick that wants to be my facebook friend. It all starts innocently enough B.

On a serious note, I talked to my grandparents the other day and it made me realize that I really shouldn't be getting into a name calling beef with a geriatric like you Bodee even if it was only over the internet. I got pissed off when I thought about somebody calling them names and realize that I shouldn't stoop to that level with an elderly person. So, for that I apologize.

In saying that, I will still call you out on some, I mean most of your posts that you make that don't make any sense. But that's also for your own good because eventually after so many of us mention it to you, the light might actually go on.

A good back and forth here gents.

Rupertkbd I agree with almost all your posts and even the ones I don't I respect because they comf from actual playing experience but I gotta go with Jagorim Jarg here.

It certainly wasn't s Keith degree cheap shot but it was a pretty heavy cheapshot in any case....it literally eliminated the Canucks physicality after that point, cost them a major and goals against.

Bitz is a pro and depending on the level of hockey we've all played the degree of over the linedness is justifiably debatable.  However his brain was obviously in neutral on the play snd he couldn't control himself which is the opposite of an NHL pro.

Do I wZnt him re signed? I'd rather see cn upgrade as I'm not convinced he can stay healthy and question his foot speed ANC conditioning.  But if cheap, well I guess good for depth.

At any rate it's no matter as mgmt seems to be over him.

Archived