The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-sign Bitz ?

DaMacNamedDre

Bitz shows willing at first. I grant you that but he doesn't have any technique. For a guy his size he seems to lack intent ( like Bieksa or Rypien showed) I did watch his videos and he did get" tangled up" with some decent opponents but I didn't see anything other than an attempt to look good. He "fought" Brashear and I think Brashear realised this and gave him at least 2 opportunities to call it a day (because Bitz was obviously not there to fight) Bitz declined so Brashear pummelled him.

This illustrates my point. Which guy would you rather have?

Brad Marchand 5'-9" @ 183 lbs

P.K. Subban 6'-0 @ 206 lbs......Niskanen 6'-0 @ 200 lbs (and no he didn't lose to him, it was a draw)

I'm no fan of Marchand but anyone he takes on is usually bigger than him. I would have Marchand's guts before Bitz's WWE capers.

no bitz. enforcers are a waste of money and a roster spot. the new nhl has a but eliminated there role. instead if you want to keep the marchands and browns at bay you need a torres tooto or ott type plaeyer. you think for a minute brown hits hank from behind if torres is coming over the boards next and kopitars on the ice not likely. fighting is all but done in buttmans nhl, its getting guys that hit to hurt thats the new nhl and the past two cup champs are a testament to that.

the forth line needs to be three guys that finish every check and hit hard and if the situation determines it aren't afraid to get suspended..eg kieths hit on daniel. browns hit on hank. this is the the way this league has gone adjust of get eliminated in the first round.

At this point I would rather have Bitz over Weise... No, I'd rather have Bitz over Weise all day everyday.

Weise is a good player but Bitz is much better, Bruins fans thought that Lucic should be scratched in favour of Bitz when he played for them.

Like I said, you're comparing Bitz who's fought guys like Brashear, Carkner, Rosehill, Engelland, McLeod, and Kenopka, who are all enforcers, to Marchand who's fought Subban, Niskanen and that legendary tough guy Andrew Cogliano. Cmon Bodee, if Marchand ever fought even one of the guys on Bitz's fight card, he'd be having his diaper changed for the rest of his life by some caregiver in a long term care facility. So, if you're talking about who I'd rather have just based on toughness, then it's not even a question. And if you'd take Marchand over Bitz in that department then there's not much hope for you. And I'm not too sure how fighting Subban, Niskanen and Cogliano(who he lost too and is about the same size) proves that you have guts, as none of them are fighters or even considered tough players.

Post Bitz's fights with Mcleod and Marchand's fight with Cogliano as an accurate reference to what I'm talking about. You can't just post Marchand's one career win and think that's fair. Sorry, but I'd take a 6'5" guy who's fought some of the tougher guys in the league and was able to live to tell about it rather than a 5'9" POS who's had 3 career fights all against non fighters and has lost 2 out of the 3. Again, we're talking baout toughness and pugilism only because obviously Marchandis the more skillfull and overall useful player.

At this point I would rather have Bitz over Weise... No, I'd rather have Bitz over Weise all day everyday.

Weise is a good player but Bitz is much better, Bruins fans thought that Lucic should be scratched in favour of Bitz when he played for them.

Bitz has never been confused with being an enforcer, he's just a big physical guy and because he plays that physical game, he's sometimes forced to fight. And because the Canucks are full of smaller, softer players, he's expected to take on the role of a defender of hs teammates based on his size alone.

Would they say it now? I doubt it.

Some fans only have to see a player drop his gloves to wet their pants. All I can say is Boston's Bitz must have a doppelgänger and we got the useless, injury prone phanny who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Honestly...........and this is no disrespect to some girls I've known.............but he fights like a girl. He's damn well embarrassing. Everyone of these (non enforcers) are giving up huge poundage and inches to this sap.

My post was comparing Weise to Bitz. Sure, Bitz isn't a great fighter but Weise isn't that great either (dinosaur arms). Fightings not everything.

Bitz is basically a slower, yet taller and bigger version of Weise with better hands.

I rate Bitz only slightly above Oreo in terms of fighting ability and desire to engage in it. Some guys just don't have it in them but they try to play the role because they're big, it was always expected of them going through the ranks, and it's their only ticket to making the show.

I think MG has had his fill with these type of guys. We need the genuine article and hopefully we have it in Kassian. If no other similar mold acquisitions are made I'd take Volpatti or Pinnezotto on the 4th over this guy.

Archived