The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-sign Bitz ?

DaMacNamedDre

My reference to Marchand kicking Bitz's ass was in terms of heart and intent. The nearest example of what I'm trying to say is when Gill fought Rick. We all know who should have won that fight but Gill is just a big awesome body without the warrior spirit (like Rypien) to back it up.

What would happen if Marchand face washed one of the Twins again? If Bitz went anywhere near Marchand, Lucic, Chara or Thornton would cream his ass............except Bitz wouldn't fight, he would use his big body to hold on.

We are never going to agree on this so I will just finish by saying I have never seen a guy have so many "fights" and win so few.........maybe he should just admit he is a big feline and leave the battling to Bieksa, Volpatti and Ballard.

Interesting that you think Bitz actually "fought" Brashear, Carkner etc. I've seen more intent from women outside some Edinburgh pubs on a Friday night.

Would they say it now? I doubt it.

Some fans only have to see a player drop his gloves to wet their pants. All I can say is Boston's Bitz must have a doppelgänger and we got the useless, injury prone phanny who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Honestly...........and this is no disrespect to some girls I've known.............but he fights like a girl. He's damn well embarrassing. Everyone of these (non enforcers) are giving up huge poundage and inches to this sap.

Weird.. I didn't realize Scotland had an NHL team. Not going to argue the Bitz claim but how is it you keep making these bold statements, Bodee, when you also admit the following:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

It really doesn't compliment your bold claims. Not trolling, I don't believe in the current fasion of having 'hockey knowledge battles' but you kind of want to have a few years viewership under a belt before consistently telling people like you know the players better than they do. I am kind of curious, how many games have you watched, and with all the things you've repeateldy said about what it takes to win a cup, how many cup runs have you actually watched?

Again, you're embarrassing yourself with this post. Maybe it 's partially due to your overall lack of hockey knowledge but I don't know if you noticed this or not bit in the Latta fight, Bitz was at the end of his shift and was heading off the ice when he decided to fight. If you wanted to give him a hard time for trying to fight when he was tired then that would be fair but you can't deny that he was willing. Also, by you saying that the other guys are non enforcers just further proves that you literally have NO IDEA what you're talking about on this, and most topics. Rosehill is the epitome of an enforcer and so are Engelland and McLeod. And if you don't know that then there's no hope for you at all.

If you don't like my style don't read them. Do you see the name on the top LHS where it says Bodee? when you see that just ignore.

I wouldn't want you to have nightmares about any "bold claims" I make.

I think of it like this, unless I have what I say disputed by AV, MG or anyone else who has actually done something in the game I feel my opinion (and that is all it is "bold" or..........whatever is acceptable to you) is as valid as anyones.

What is it about this place everyone wants to be sheriff?............get a life man, it's only a fan forum.

Because you always wade in and try to tell it like it is, and my opinion is just as valid as your (unmitigated) claims. Don't be a hypocrite. The difference is respect. I don't respect a guy telling decades long hockey fans how it is from a wifi cafe in Edinborough after having watched 6 NHL games despite enlightened comparisons between NHL players and toothless Scottish bar crawling pseudo-women. I don't have to respect you, but I also don't have to ignore you because of said lack of respect. Like you said, it's a public board, deal with it. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Canuck fan or not, noone likes a mouthpiece, especially not one that has had next to zero exposure to the subject matter. I don't care to be sheriff, however, your (continuous) attempts are also something I don't care for.

You accused my ideas of placing certain guys on the 2nd line as 'ridiculous' despite the fact I have probably watched those players for 5 times longer than you even knew the NHL existed. You call players 'pygmies' and are constantly talking about 'pushback' and 'will to fight' other things you just don't understand. Then you complain when someone calls out your ideas for being ridiculous. Then you turn full circle on things you said once you realise more than 5 minutes of consideration based on youtube videos disproves what you said.

The only thing you have going for you is your use of the English language isn't as atrocious as some other fans so congratulations, but your opinions are unbacked by experience which wouldn't matter if we didn't see your posts in every single thread on this board.

like i said i think its re-sign Bitz and add one super thug .

really enjoyed what Matt Carkner did to Boyle as an answer for trying to intimidate Karlsson.

just skated up to him and started swinging, we need that in the lineup.

a 6'5 Rick Rypien.

Because you always wade in and try to tell it like it is, and my opinion is just as valid as your (unmitigated) claims. Don't be a hypocrite. The difference is respect. I don't respect a guy telling decades long hockey fans how it is from a wifi cafe in Edinborough after having watched 6 NHL games despite enlightened comparisons between NHL players and toothless Scottish bar crawling pseudo-women. I don't have to respect you, but I also don't have to ignore you because of said lack of respect. Like you said, it's a public board, deal with it. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Canuck fan or not, noone likes a mouthpiece, especially not one that has had next to zero exposure to the subject matter. I don't care to be sheriff, however, your (continuous) attempts are also something I don't care for.

You accused my ideas of placing certain guys on the 2nd line as 'ridiculous' despite the fact I have probably watched those players for 5 times longer than you even knew the NHL existed. You call players 'pygmies' and are constantly talking about 'pushback' and 'will to fight' other things you just don't understand. Then you complain when someone calls out your ideas for being ridiculous. Then you turn full circle on things you said once you realise more than 5 minutes of consideration based on youtube videos disproves what you said.

The only thing you have going for you is your use of the English language isn't as atrocious as some other fans so congratulations, but your opinions are unbacked by experience which wouldn't matter if we didn't see your posts in every single thread on this board.

didnt he have pretty bad groin issues???

i know people like tough players with some of a nhl past but sometimes the fresh young non injury ridden career is the better option

that said i dont care if hes resigned either way , always felt he could have been more for us then he was

At this point I would rather have Bitz over Weise... No, I'd rather have Bitz over Weise all day everyday.

Weise is a good player but Bitz is much better, Bruins fans thought that Lucic should be scratched in favour of Bitz when he played for them.

Embarrassing ones self as you put it seems to be a pre-requisite on here. You yourself are quite an exponent, if I recall. However that's all forgotten about now.

Frankly I couldn't care if he was tired or not...........the guy would have pummelled him anyway. My point was his technique appears to be hopeless. You obviously think it's great ........fine.

I called them (non enforcers ) because they didn't kick Bitz's ass (like Brashear did) They didn't have to, Bitz wasn't there to tango, just look good.

Rosehill put up a better show with Lucic because Lucic actually fought him and I respected Lucic for it.

My point is / was, why have a guy on the team with his size if he doesn't use it/want to use it to effect?

"And I never said that Bitz's technique was great, or even good for that matter, and in fact I said that balance is usually a big issue for taller players, so please just cut the BS."

And there we have it drop 'em, in a nutshell.

I came on here saying Bitz shouldn't be signed, and was not good enough at what he does and has no technique as a "fighter" You now seem to agree.

As for hockey knowledge, I was honest enough to say that my close experience of THE NHL was 3+ years.........but and this is the bit you like to leave out I have watched hockey since the 60's. I have also watched hockey nightly this season past on NHL GL........including highlighted editions probably 500 games.

Unlike many on here I don't just watch Canucks games.

Just so you don't die wondering ( don't get me wrong I wish you a long and happy life) I will never defer in hockey matters to anyone on here just because they attempt to insult me or imply that my knowledge is in some way inferior. I can be persuaded by sense and logic but never insults or disrespect.

You can't debate it seems to me without being personal and rude. I don't know if that's your style with everyone or just me. If it is the same with everyone shame on you, if it is reserved only for me I'll survive.

"And I never said that Bitz's technique was great, or even good for that matter, and in fact I said that balance is usually a big issue for taller players, so please just cut the BS."

And there we have it drop 'em, in a nutshell.

I came on here saying Bitz shouldn't be signed, and was not good enough at what he does and has no technique as a "fighter" You now seem to agree.

As for hockey knowledge, I was honest enough to say that my close experience of THE NHL was 3+ years.........but and this is the bit you like to leave out I have watched hockey since the 60's. I have also watched hockey nightly this season past on NHL GL........including highlighted editions probably 500 games.

Unlike many on here I don't just watch Canucks games.

Just so you don't die wondering ( don't get me wrong I wish you a long and happy life) I will never defer in hockey matters to anyone on here just because they attempt to insult me or imply that my knowledge is in some way inferior. I can be persuaded by sense and logic but never insults or disrespect.

You can't debate it seems to me without being personal and rude. I don't know if that's your style with everyone or just me. If it is the same with everyone shame on you, if it is reserved only for me I'll survive.

Fair enough, you've kept your end up, good on you, now let's move on.

I am like you (and nearly everyone on here) we both want to see the Canucks build a team that not only gets respect but goes on to win at least one SC soon.............preferably while I'm around to see it.

Whatever you think about my home team and again, sadly, you can't avoid more disrespect, Doug Smail and Laurie Boschman (Al Simms, Bobby Orr's Boston linemate for 2 years) were great hockey players who were not ashamed to wear the blue, white and gold.

These players were past their best admittedly but nevertheless they were still fine players.

Maybe on one of your bold days you could say they are the equivalent of a peewee team to their face...........preferably Boschman.

Fife Flyers are a team who I repeat, gave Team Cananda a 4 goal lead and still defeated them.

We are the oldest, winningest and most revered hockey team in the UK and are based in a town of under 52,000 where soccer and rugby are the recognised first choice sports. You will understand if I laugh at your classless elitism.

Fair enough, you've kept your end up, good on you, now let's move on.

I am like you (and nearly everyone on here) we both want to see the Canucks build a team that not only gets respect but goes on to win at least one SC soon.............preferably while I'm around to see it.

Whatever you think about my home team and again, sadly, you can't avoid more disrespect, Doug Smail and Laurie Boschman (Al Simms, Bobby Orr's Boston linemate for 2 years) were great hockey players who were not ashamed to wear the blue, white and gold.

These players were past their best admittedly but nevertheless they were still fine players.

Maybe on one of your bold days you could say they are the equivalent of a peewee team to their face...........preferably Boschman.

Fife Flyers are a team who I repeat, gave Team Cananda a 4 goal lead and still defeated them.

We are the oldest, winningest and most revered hockey team in the UK and are based in a town of under 52,000 where soccer and rugby are the recognised first choice sports. You will understand if I laugh at your classless elitism.

I really think that the Canucks have benefitted from playing in the weakest division in hockey over the last few years and when it came time to play games that actually meant something, it was hard for them to just turn it on. In my opinion, this is partially due to not having more big, hard nosed playoff type players who are able to go through the playoff wars. With Bitz, you are getting a big, hard nosed player with some talent who can ride shotgun when required with the twins and not look out of place. Why wouldn't Gillis re-sign this guy? And from what I understand, he was starting to feel better and better as the season wore on after missing the better parts of 2 1/2 years with injuries.

Well, we can agree on wanting to see the Canucks win a cup, and hopefully this does happen sooner rather than later but with the roster that we have now, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. I really think that the Canucks have benefitted from playing in the weakest division in hockey over the last few years and when it came time to play games that actually meant something, it was hard for them to just turn it on. In my opinion, this is partially due to not having more big, hard nosed playoff type players who are able to go through the playoff wars. With Bitz, you are getting a big, hard nosed player with some talent who can ride shotgun when required with the twins and not look out of place. Why wouldn't Gillis re-sign this guy? And from what I understand, he was starting to feel better and better as the season wore on after missing the better parts of 2 1/2 years with injuries.

I remember watching that annoying little bastard Boschman play when he was with the Leafs, Oilers but especially the Jets. He was a very solid NHL player for quite a while but hardly a superstar. And, if you look up his stats, he played a whopping 7 regular season games with your Fife Flyers and scored 9 goals and 18 points in those 7 games. The year before in his last year in the NHL, he had a whopping 9 goals in 70 games. Now, I would hope that your math skills are slightly better than your hockey knowledge(this shouldn't be hard) but if it isn't, I'll help you out, it took Boschman 10 times the amount of games in the NHL to score the same amount of goals. Not only that but a guy who couldn't get an NHL job averaged over 2 points a game with your illustrious Fife Flyers, when the year before he didn't even average .25 points a game in the NHL. Quite the discrepency don't you think?

And I wouldn't have a problem at all saying what I said to Mr. Boschman......... because the next time that I'll be scared to say something to a dude named Laurie will be the first time. But I have a feeling that if you asked him about the quality of play with the Fife Flyers, he would probably be honest enough to say that it was a bit of a joke. Again, a washed up NHL player who averaged more than a goal a game and more than 2 points a game probably isn't bragging about his Scottish league stats.

And although we're getting way off topic here, if what you say is true and your Fife Flyers did beat team Canada, was that the Canadian team with Gretzky or Lemieux on it? How about Clarke or Esposito, or was it maybe a Crosby and Toews team................or was it one of the Spengler Cup teams who are a just a mish mash of players who put on the Canadian jersey based soley on the fact that the best Canadian players are actually playing in the best leagues and they are what's left? If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably the latter.

The oldest, winningest and most revered of all of the famous UK hockey teams eh? Isn't that kind of like bragging about being the tallest midget? In other words, not exactly something to brag about.

I hope you understand if I have a good laugh at the words revered and UK hockey when used in the same sentence.

Archived