The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Happened To Pascal Leclaire? [Seismic Update]!

Title says it all, I know he's a UFA but, no one has signed him yet.

Is he that injury prone that no one will pick him up?

**UPDATE**

Pascal Leclaire has thrown in the towel due to his ailing hip.

The 30-year-old former Ottawa Senators and Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender announced his retirement from hockey Monday night on RDS.

Leclaire said tried to make a comeback this year but was unable to fully recover after three hip operations over the summer.

Although he played parts of seven seasons in the NHL, the Repentigny, Que., native only appeared in 173 games in a career chock full of injuries.

A leg injury during the 2006-07 season cost him his starting job with the Blue Jackets. He regained his No. 1 status during a spectacular 2007-08 season -- he went 24-17-6 with a 2.25 goals-against average, .919 save percentage and had nine shutouts -- but was traded to the Senators after suffering a season-ending ankle injury at the start of the 2008-09 campaign. He ended up playing just 48 games for Ottawa over two injury-riddled seasons.

Leclaire ends his career with a 61-76-15 record, a 2.89 GAA and .904 SV%. His last NHL game was Dec. 16, 2010.

Ah good ol' Pascal

Well, last i heard, one team was interested in signing him last year but he failed a physical. Maybe, he'll get a tryout if he's lucky. Reminds me of Paul Kariya, who apparently was rumored to have signed a 2 year deal with Anaheim but failed his physical and retired.

Well according to NHL he hasn't played a game since 2010-2011. Last news i heard of him was he was placed on waivers by the senators, no one picked him up, and he played one game for the Sens farm team. Then he kind of fell of the face of the earth.

Archived