The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shea Weber or Rick Nash?

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

294 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do we need Weber when our D is perfectly fine at the moment?

Edler, Garrison

Hamhuis, Bieksa

Ballard, Tanev

I would rather get Nash to play with the Sedin's, big body, drives hard to the net, checks and puts up goals. I believe we need to worry more about scoring then we do about our own back end.

Rick Nash 6'4" 219lbs, 30 goals most of his NHL seasons with a couple 40 goal seasons. He's 28 years old and had 104 hits last year. Little to no supporting cast

Shea Weber - similar size/hits. Supporting cast - Suter and Rinne. Weber BEST +/- was last year at +22 on a very defense first Nashville team. Do you know what Kevin Bieksa's best +/- is? +32

Canucks: 8 goals in 7 games in the SCF. Is it really a question who would benefit this team more? Just imagine what our second line would look like:

Booth Kesler Nash

You really think Nash is gonna get pushed around come playoff time?

As much as either acquisition would be great, I would prefer Nash over Weber because he would do so much better on the score board and goals are what win games. I am not being critical of Weber in any sense, I simply believe scoring is far more important to the team and Nash would be a perfect fit with the Sedins.

i love Shea Weber (n/hmo) but the thought of Rick Nash playing with the Sedins is way too appealing especially considering the lack of production every year come playoff time when the going gets tough and the twins disappear.

Henrik and Daniel desperately need a beast on their wing.

Nash would probably score 45-50 ginos with them.

Sedin-Sedin-Nash/B.Ryan/S.Doan

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Bitz-Kassian (wrecking crew)

Jensen + random super thug

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Tanev-Gudbranson

Alberts

Schneider

Theodore/Lack

i love Shea Weber (n/hmo) but the thought of Rick Nash playing with the Sedins is way too appealing especially considering the lack of production every year come playoff time when the going gets tough and the twins disappear.

Henrik and Daniel desperately need a beast on their wing.

Nash would probably score 45-50 ginos with them.

Sedin-Sedin-Nash/B.Ryan/S.Doan

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Bitz-Kassian (wrecking crew)

Jensen Lapierre

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Tanev-Gudbranson

Alberts

Schneider

Theodore/Lack

What??

I'm pretty sure that Bobby Ryan is from Philadelphia (he even stated interest in being trade there)

And the Devils can't exactly SIGN him because he is still under contract for 3 more years....

Shea Weber, this isn't even a question.

Even if our scoring is a more pressing need than defence, Shea Weber's been the best defenceman of the decade so far. I don't consider Rick Nash a top 10 forward. You don't pass up on a player like that for Rick Nash, as great as Nash is.

rather see volpatti or Bitz than raymond and I'm really doubting if Manny will ever come back to his old form.

between Manny and Raymond we don't have space for handicapped players anymore on this team.

we need another centre, a power winger for the twins that can fight and finish and another TOP 6 D and we will be alright.

this team needs 3-4 pieces and pieces that are playoff built and not euro diving puss.

Archived