Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Shea Weber or Rick Nash?

294 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you want?

• Shea Weber
    • Rick Nash

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

111 posts in this topic

Nash for sure.....people really need to grasp that we've lost kesler for half the year and it will likely be next september before hes back to form. After the Sedins we have booth as our power forward......thats it folks....we are in desperate need of a goal scoring powerforward......not to mention we already have the top five highest paid defense in the league....we dont need to add nine million to that. Webber will want nine million next year guys for a huge long term.......nash for six years at 7.8 is much better.

We don't have room for either.

Our top-6 is solid right now with 2 point-per-game players (Sedins), 2 60-point players (Kesler and Burrows) and 2 50-point players (Booth and Higgins), all of whom are 20-goal scorers. Even our 3rd line has 2 40-point scorers (Raymond and Hansen) and a 30-point scorer in Lapierre. That's already more offence than most NHL teams.

Our quality minutes on the blueline are already taken up with Hamhuis and Bieksa who play 22-24 minutes a game, Edler who averages around the same and Garrison who hit 23 minutes last season. Our 3rd pairing will have to play 15-17 minutes a game anyway.

Also cap-wise neither makes sense. We have 4 guys on defence costing us well over 4 million and Edler who is set to hit 5-6 million, there is no room for another 7 million dollar guy unless we let Edler walk or get rid of Ballard and then some.

If we get rid of Lu's contract we can realistically take a legit crack at getting both. I have no preference, both are absolutely amazing players though I think our offense is pathetic after the sedins and i've always felt they are owed the opportunity to play with an actual top line forward.

Nobody is stopping the Sedins and Nash, Kes and Burr together are nearly impossible to play against...cup team for sure.

I would like Weber the best. I am not convinced that he is Huge upgrade over Edler. I think Edler had a bit of an off year, but is a top 5 defensman (league wide) most nights. I would prefer to trade Bieksa over Edler, although I like Bieksa alot. I think Edler has more top end talent where Bieksa makes up for any lack of talent with heart.

I really don't want to see Edler go anywhere. I think he is going to be the best Canuck defenseman of all time if he plays his whole career here. (Unless Weber does come and stays a long time)

If it was for our team I would take Weber over Nash anyday and everyday.

We don't need Nash, but we need Weber. Nash would be amazing with the Sedins but the Sedins are already amazing.

As for Weber. we need a #1, Edler is emerging as that so to have both of those guys on one pair would be amazing, Weber would quickly forget about Suter if Edler can fill out his potential.

So Weber, no question.

Either way.. They both would be great adds to this team. At this moment in time we'd have to make a huge deal for Nash, or the Canucks wait for a year and try to sign Shea as a UFA on July 1st of 2013. Or there is the option of an offer sheet, but the Canucks would have to part with 2 1st's, 1 2nd, and 1 3rd round pick, and you have to ask, is Shea going to be that big of an impact to give up that much? Either way I wouldn't mind seeing either of these two in a Canucks jersey.

I'd go with Weber, if choosing one or the other, only for the reason that his value to our current defense and the upgrade that he brings is huge. He could anchor the PP, and work the PK. His value is a bit more than Nash's in my opinion.

We got Garrison - we need more up front scoring - go for Nash.

to nashville:

edler

kesler

raymond

to vancouver:

weber's rfa rights

legwand

to columbus:

luongo

booth

jensen

1st

+

to vancouver:

nash

letestu

with some cap space left to add a back up goalie and shore up the depth:

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Rick Nash ($7.800m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Shea Weber ($7.500m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,470,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,730,000

Sign Doan, trade for Weber.

Mr bobby ryan cheaper and playoff proven player why not go hard for him wont have to give up as much for ryan and hes big has good hands and puts the puck in the net he doesnt want to be in Anaheim ne more

Weber. Nash is overrated.

Columbus could maybe use a goalie a little more so than Nashville.... Weber would rather remain a Predator more than Nash would like to remain a Blue Jacket.....

Either man would be an unbelievable pick-up for us, obviously, but Nash is a little more realistic. That being said, I doubt Lu would waive his NTC to go to Columbus.................... it's a pickle!

I do say Weber, but guy on here makes a good point about Nash.

Edler will never be half of Suter.

Suter is fantastic for 82+ games a year, Edler is good for like what 40?

Not only would we not need Weber but he would put way above the cap in literally every scenario I could imagine. Rick Nash would finally give us a complete Top 6 which is exactly what we need now.

this shouldn't even be debated, Weber w/o a doubt