The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shea Weber or Rick Nash?

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

294 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I keep seeing these discussions going on about how people want Rick Nash, and people want Shea Weber. Well they both won't be coming here, but there is possibility of getting one of these two, the real question is which one would you rather see in a Canucks uniform and why?

Having a nice power forward like Rick Nash would be amazing, using him with the Sedins and the Kesler line, the PP, a beast who can score. Nash is 28 years old at 6"4, plays RW, has a salary cap of $7.8M, and worth every penny in my opinion. Just want to say, seeing Booth last year play with the Sedins a bit, actually looked not to bad, just a thought, but there is still always Burrows.

Now having a defenceman stud like Shea Weber would also be amazing, someone who can literally play 30 mins a game if needed, and still be dominate. This guy can do it all, his defense is amazing he can shut down top offensive lines with no problem, throw guys around with his body, especially in front of the net which is very important. Weber also has a bomb of a shot, who would be an easy Sami Salo replacement, play on the PP, play PK if needed, overall Weber is a stud and a BC born. Weber is 26 turning 27, he is 6"4 the same as Nash, but has about 20 more pounds on him, his salary cap last year was $7.5M, but obviously with a longer contract signing it would cut the salary cap down as well, as for Nash you can't change his salary cap for a while.

In my opinion as much as I have always wanted a big power forward to play with the Sedins, because I think they deserve it, and would be just that much more of a dominate line with a big power forward, I still have to go with Weber. Weber is the real deal, he would help us out defensively in a big way, and offensively at the same time. Also if Schneider is going to be the starter not that I don't have faith in him, but still he is a rookie as far as being a starter, having a guy like Weber in front of Cory would be very beneficial I think to him and to the team.

Shea Weber is a guy to build around, but the Canucks aren't building. They have a small window of 2-3 years before the Sedins decline, Kesler becomes more injury-prone and our defence starts becoming even less effective.

Both Nash and Weber will put us over the top, but Nash is a much less risky piece to acquire, as he doesn't require us to sign him. In any other situation than the one we are in, I'd choose Weber, but Nash is just much easier to get.

MG doesn't have the trade gonads that Minny has. No way he would go out on the limb with big, big bucks to get either of them or Weber and Doan. Nice to daydream but reality is, the Canucks will be a season performer, missing the boat in the playoffs for a long time to come with their team of "utility" players.

Shea Weber is a guy to build around, but the Canucks aren't building. They have a small window of 2-3 years before the Sedins decline, Kesler becomes more injury-prone and our defence starts becoming even less effective.

Both Nash and Weber will put us over the top, but Nash is a much less risky piece to acquire, as he doesn't require us to sign him. In any other situation than the one we are in, I'd choose Weber, but Nash is just much easier to get.

I keep seeing these discussions going on about how people want Rick Nash, and people want Shea Weber. Well they both won't be coming here, but there is possibility of getting one of these two, the real question is which one would you rather see in a Canucks uniform and why?

Having a nice power forward like Rick Nash would be amazing, using him with the Sedins and the Kesler line, the PP, a beast who can score. Nash is 28 years old at 6"4, plays RW, has a salary cap of $7.8M, and worth every penny in my opinion. Just want to say, seeing Booth last year play with the Sedins a bit, actually looked not to bad, just a thought, but there is still always Burrows.

Now having a defenceman stud like Shea Weber would also be amazing, someone who can literally play 30 mins a game if needed, and still be dominate. This guy can do it all, his defense is amazing he can shut down top offensive lines with no problem, throw guys around with his body, especially in front of the net which is very important. Weber also has a bomb of a shot, who would be an easy Sami Salo replacement, play on the PP, play PK if needed, overall Weber is a stud and a BC born. Weber is 26 turning 27, he is 6"4 the same as Nash, but has about 20 more pounds on him, his salary cap last year was $7.5M, but obviously with a longer contract signing it would cut the salary cap down as well, as for Nash you can't change his salary cap for a while.

In my opinion as much as I have always wanted a big power forward to play with the Sedins, because I think they deserve it, and would be just that much more of a dominate line with a big power forward, I still have to go with Weber. Weber is the real deal, he would help us out defensively in a big way, and offensively at the same time. Also if Schneider is going to be the starter not that I don't have faith in him, but still he is a rookie as far as being a starter, having a guy like Weber in front of Cory would be very beneficial I think to him and to the team.

There are a number of Weber or Nash or Weber and Nash topics on the board. I know there is wishful thinking but neither player will make or break a team. Weber may be a bit more of a Stud than Nash but if he was the answer, then Nashville would have won the Cup with their decent team this year.

A team like the Canucks would be crippled with either's salary (potential Salary in Weber's case). I'd rather that our GM stick with good players signed at or below their value, and avoid the 8-10 Mill cap hit players.

More importantly, enough with the Nash and Weber topics! Use one of the existing 100 threads.

Nash for sure.....people really need to grasp that we've lost kesler for half the year and it will likely be next september before hes back to form. After the Sedins we have booth as our power forward......thats it folks....we are in desperate need of a goal scoring powerforward......not to mention we already have the top five highest paid defense in the league....we dont need to add nine million to that. Webber will want nine million next year guys for a huge long term.......nash for six years at 7.8 is much better.

Archived