Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada Hockey Place

Andrei Kostitsyn

9 posts in this topic

Out of the box. Please read. Don't just dismiss the name.

Considering his well publicized off-ice issues, I was wondering if it may be worth the risk to offer him a 1 year, 2 way contract?

I propose a 1 year $1.5 - 2 million/ NHL salary, $50,000/ AHL salary. If he shows he can be professional, he can use this opportunity to earn his way back into the NHL. If he doesn't, send him away, pay him his AHL salary (but don't send him to CHI), let him go to the KHL.

He's a good player on the ice. 2003 10th overall pick. 398 NHL games. 103 goals. 119 assists. The stat I specifically like is his 20 game winning goals.

Obviously a risk. But the 2-way contract will minimize that risk. It's probably his last shot in the NHL.

He wont sign that. He will go play for a payday in the KHL. Having the 2 brothers on the same team is a mistake. Google some stuff from their time in montreal.

I don't think you can dictate the AHL rate on a 2-way contract. I believe it's a percentage based on your NHL salary.

Even if that wasn't true, why would he accept such an offer unless it was the only one out there?

I don't think you can dictate the AHL rate on a 2-way contract. I believe it's a percentage based on your NHL salary.

Even if that wasn't true, why would he accept such an offer unless it was the only one out there?

He will probably pull a Radulov and bolt to the KHL... i like his younger brother much more than him

Doubt he would sign here, since he could probably make twice as much in the KHL.

Of course, I would rather spend $2million on him than $6million on Semin.

He wont sign that. He will go play for a payday in the KHL. Having the 2 brothers on the same team is a mistake. Google some stuff from their time in montreal.