Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Andrei Kostitsyn

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Out of the box. Please read. Don't just dismiss the name.

Considering his well publicized off-ice issues, I was wondering if it may be worth the risk to offer him a 1 year, 2 way contract?

I propose a 1 year $1.5 - 2 million/ NHL salary, $50,000/ AHL salary. If he shows he can be professional, he can use this opportunity to earn his way back into the NHL. If he doesn't, send him away, pay him his AHL salary (but don't send him to CHI), let him go to the KHL.

He's a good player on the ice. 2003 10th overall pick. 398 NHL games. 103 goals. 119 assists. The stat I specifically like is his 20 game winning goals.

Obviously a risk. But the 2-way contract will minimize that risk. It's probably his last shot in the NHL.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#2 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

He wont sign that. He will go play for a payday in the KHL. Having the 2 brothers on the same team is a mistake. Google some stuff from their time in montreal.

#3 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

I don't think you can dictate the AHL rate on a 2-way contract. I believe it's a percentage based on your NHL salary.

Even if that wasn't true, why would he accept such an offer unless it was the only one out there?
Posted Image

#4 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Locker room cancer, no thanks.

RIP LB RR PD

#5 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

I don't think you can dictate the AHL rate on a 2-way contract. I believe it's a percentage based on your NHL salary.

Even if that wasn't true, why would he accept such an offer unless it was the only one out there?

Thanks. I didn't know that about the 2-way.

Of course it's a lowball offer. I was thinking most teams will be scared off because they need to rely on him as a top 9 player and that would be too risky. Hard to gauge what he's worth or what he or his agent would expect. I was thinking along the lines of Lapierre or Higgins.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#6 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

He will probably pull a Radulov and bolt to the KHL... i like his younger brother much more than him
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Doubt he would sign here, since he could probably make twice as much in the KHL.
Of course, I would rather spend $2million on him than $6million on Semin.
Posted Image

#8 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Not a big fan of Kostitsyn. I'll pass. I'd much rather have Semin/Doan/Huselius,

#9 AjitGill17

AjitGill17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

He wont sign that. He will go play for a payday in the KHL. Having the 2 brothers on the same team is a mistake. Google some stuff from their time in montreal.

You mind telling me some stuff that they did heard some gf argument with Grabovski and nothing else.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.