The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

Just listening to the Fox on my way home for lunch and Luongo was doing his first interview since seasons end.

Asked "Any way in hell you will be in a Canucks jersey at the start of the season"

Luongo: "It's time to move on"

We all pretty much knew this was coming, I had some doubts he would be traded this year but he basically put my mind at ease with his answer to the question.

This is so very sad and to you Roberto Luongo I say thanks for everything, you will be missed and I gaurantee you will be thought of when the Vancouver Canucks become a middle of the pack team.

just read it on TSN. disheartening. I supported him. sad to hear he thinks his days are over....

not coming as a surprise but hearing it from him.....man, sometimes I'm ashamed of our fanbase

never had the trade conversation with Gillis

interviewers suggested that at least he won't go to Columbus - "don't want to talk specifics...there's a lot of stuff going on"

"that was to be expected [Cory signing] there"

"we all know what's going on, we've all seen what's developed"

"I've never had a negative encounter face to face" in Vancouver.

"a great market to play in."

Roberto - I hate to say this, team Canada team-mate - Richards is the biggest dick on LA.

playing in a hockey market is my preference - Florida anonymity is nice, but as a player you want to play in a hockey market.

Florida is home in the offseason, family there - but Luongo not narrowing any options.

"not a lot of years left in my career, even though I have a long contract."

it's within my rights [to refuse a trade], but mutual decision that it's time to move on.

Florida is one of the places he'd be willing to go [again not tipping his or MG's hand].

So many different ways to look at the trade.

Just listening to the Fox on my way home for lunch and Luongo was doing his first interview since seasons end.

Asked "Any way in hell you will be in a Canucks jersey at the start of the season"

Luongo: "It's time to move on"

We all pretty much knew this was coming, I had some doubts he would be traded this year but he basically put my mind at ease with his answer to the question.

This is so very sad and to you Roberto Luongo I say thanks for everything, you will be missed and I gaurantee you will be thought of when the Vancouver Canucks become a middle of the pack team.

I'm not a Luongo lover, and it's not like I don't have faith in Ginger, it's just that he has not proven anything except that he is a great backup tender. Just because I don't trash talk Luongo doesn't mean I'm a Luongo lover, don't judge me.

Archived