The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

This is all over the sports sites. Didn't he pretty much say the same thing at the end of the year? Luongo sees that the Canucks would probably rather go with Schneider over him so he doesn't want to get in the way of that. But he doesn't also want to back up Schneider (don't blame him, nor should the Canucks pay him to be the backup).

Once again though, wasn't this all pretty much said at the end of the season?

I m afraid it was the media, Don Taylor and company always saying there was controversy between goalies really how did he really know.. Both goalies played really well last year..falling out of the playoffs this year happens.. that's life..this year the two goalie system, we could just make it to the Stanley cup and win but nobody will know now....as we start with a fresh slate...

I really think these changes from year to year good players leaving Hodgson, and  Luongo. I am convinced now after the Cody mishap now the Luongo mishap that if I played hockey I would not come here because sooner or later i would get chewed and spit out... Weber save your soul dont come here Nash think twice Gillis will burn you take my word for it.

We are in a downward spiral now watch the media pick this one up ...I should get paid for this crap lol

Good grief, how can anyone blame the media or the fans??? The fact is that this team cannot afford to keep both goalies. One had to go. Should we have kept the aging goalie with the habit of melting down in key games or the younger goalie with the better stats and the smaller paycheck who has never shown any indication of being as mentally fragile as the other goalie?? I for one really like Luongo, he's been great for us these past 6 years, but the fact is the team needs to think about the future.

Time for a reality check for some people I'm afraid.

Meh what can you say, he signed for millions and went downhill, look at the stats... He's already retired.

I said in the beginning when we signed him, Luongo is/was all about the money. Hard to argue the facts.

Decent goalie but he is entiltled and protecting his body/groin from further damage. He is done imho.

It is the media and stupid fans that are driving him out of town. He is arguably the best goalie we ever had and we treat him like this.

Shame on some of you morons.

We will always be a goalie graveyard.

Expect Cory to be run out of here before his contract ends as well

Luongo said in the interview that Schneider was special and gonna win a "few Vezinas". If he was being honest who would begrudge the Canucks for keeping a future superstar? Maybe that's why Lu seems honestly not disgruntled? I liked most of the interview but not really a fan of laugh over format. Luongo was very good in the interview.

Luongo said in the interview that Schneider was special and gonna win a "few Vezinas". If he was being honest who would begrudge the Canucks for keeping a future superstar? Maybe that's why Lu seems honestly not disgruntled? I liked most of the interview but not really a fan of laugh over format. Luongo was very good in the interview.

It is the media and stupid fans that are driving him out of town. He is arguably the best goalie we ever had and we treat him like this.

If the media or fans could run somebody out of town the Sedins would have been gone years ago. As would Bieksa. Raymond and Ballard would be demanding a trade. Luongo has chosen to move on as Schneider has surpassed him as number one. We don't get to pick who stays or goes.

My favorite part of the interview is where he was asked who the "biggest dick" on the King was. The interviewer assumed it was gonna be Dustin Brown but Luongo answered "suprisingly Mike Richards". It makes me feel better because I have always thought Richards is a "punk" and plays cheap game. I can give him his due he is a "cup hoisting punk" now.

I for one am soooooo happy Gillis had the guts to go with Schneider. He should have done it a half of a season sooner but what's done is done...moving forward.

I think people have to respect Lu for what he's achieved as a Canuck and what he's done for the City of Vancouver. It's not like he's asking to be traded. He just recognizes that he's no longer relied on as the No.1 goalie on this team and for someone who's been the No.1 guy all his career, it's a definite challenge. To me, he IS the best goalie that ever played for the Canucks.

He's always trying to improve his game and become better as evidenced by his willingness to change and adapt his playing style which has worked for him for years. He's been a team guy during Cory's emergence.

Having both Lu and Cory is really reassuring. If Lu is traded, I hope the Canucks have a backup plan in goal in case something happens, say injury to Schneider or if he fatigues towards the end of the season.

Man this Thread is full of emotional Luongo fan boys/girls.. Boo hoo Luongo got treated poorly in a HOCKEY MAD MARKET, this team doesnt deserve to make the playoffs next season blah blah.. pleasee....

The fans and media had nothing to do with his epic playoff meltdowns, his gaping 5 hole or CS out playing his ass out of the #1 job.

Archived