The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

Schneider played the biggest games for the Canucks in the regular season and playoffs. He was great in the Boston game and in round 1.

Also, don't knock a player just because they lack experience.....Jonathan Quick only had 4 playoff wins before this year's Cup run.

Personally i think it is the media's fault...and probably his wife.

The media to me are lazy and they would just keep going on and on about the goalie situation here... I think we would all enjoy hockey more if the media would just shut up.

I guess I'm sentimental, i believe a team should stick with their number one, especially one who is elite like Lu and for some reason fans, the organization, the media all chose not to like Lu.

I know some of you will think i'm whining.. but i guess i am just that sentimental.

bye lu.

PS my friend from Chicago hated Lou as a Canuck... but says "lou the blackhawk is a different animal" and he hopes Lou comes to Chicago.

I find Luongo's decision to do the interview very interesting. To those saying how classy he is, the timing of the interview sucks. If he wanted to be classy, he would wait until a trade has been done. As of this moment, he is still signed with the Canucks.

What if Gillis wanted to keep the option of keeping Luongo and trading CS? I agree fully with those who say this hurts the Canucks' abilities to get high return for Luongo. In my opinion, this interview was more of a selfish tactic by Luongo to ensure that he gets onto another team before the season starts up, rather than giving Gillis the option of waiting until the first couple of months of the season, to see which teams faulter and are desperate for a trade.

I still hope MG doesn't make a deal, then when Schneider chokes during a long season (which he will, there is almost no chance that he will play brilliantly for 60+ games as well as the playoffs after playing a career 56 games), Luongo will step in, save the day and win back the fans.

Mark my words, the day Luongo gets traded will be a turning point in the Canucks franchise for the worse. We would be moving forward with both goalies playing as a tandem, but trading our franchise goaltender and NHL star (who will be in the top-10 by the end of his career ALL-TIME) will be the biggest step back this team can take.

Umm...didnt a bunch of people on here say Lou wont be traded?

oops!

I called this 2 years ago. Schnieder being kept around as insurance and this season would determine who they went with.

Faced a crap storm of vitreol bc I know something about hockey and business.

Oh well...anyone need a hanky or some diapers?

Bye Bye Lou. You don't deserve the crap you're taking in the media and by fans, and thank you for playing your heart out for us, everything you did for the team and city. We just have a younger talented guy to go with now. It's asset management.

Well Bobby Lou,

It's a sad moment for us, but, at the same time, it'll be a joyous moment for us, as we see you depart our team, after putting into records of Canuck history stellar statistics and performances, for better performances elsewhere in the National Hockey League, to better represent Team Canada, whichever organization to which he will be traded, his family, and last but not least, himself.

Can't wait till Schneids won't be able to handle the pressure of being a #1, especially in our media and fan crazed hockey base. Not saying Lu should stay, but with him gone and Schneider expected to start 60-70 games, he'll start rusting at at-least 45 games guaranteed.

Can't blame the guy - he thinks he can put the team on his shoulders and carry them after he had a good statistical season when really, he played when he was fully rested and ready to go. He doesn't know how it feels to keep on playing in a LONG regular season and it'll cause him to suck at times.

Luongo is the much safer bet to go with cause you know what your getting from him, but with a top contending team at its peak, relying on a youngster might not be the smartest of things to do...

Just my opinion, I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Gillis is not going with the players that have made him.

Salo,Samuelsson and Luo were all veterans of the highest order.

Gillis better get a proper return on Luo as it appears with the interview Luo did and the denials that we had to hear from lawyer Gillis regarding AV's comments,Luo could care less about Gillis and his position of phony strength.

This could get interesting if Luo is made to start the season in Vancouver.Really interesting.

im gonna miss him! So sad to hear him talk like that, wish he could've retired here and won the cup last year, but he deserves to be treated better then how the fanbase here has treated him. Thanks for 6 great years Lu! You've been the best goalie in Canucks' history!

will miss you Lou, huge fan and will love you with what ever team you go to ! I really think the chances of us winning a cup with you here are a lot better then schnieder esspecialy in these next couple of years. Its been a great 6 years.. fans will miss you .. we really will <3

Archived