The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

quite honestly, he hasnt really done much other then only play 50 something games in 2 years to prove me and other fans otherwise. Our fanbase has been blinded by schnieders games and most of the fans now think schnieders better when clearly , he stands no where near luongo. Its seems as every schnieder lover doesnt give Luongo credit. think about it, if our powerplay was actually good in the L.A series like it was in game 4(the game we won) we could have won that series, schnieder never played absoloutly amazing in that series, he just played 3 regular good games just like luongo did, Luongo could have won those games for us easily if our players had been actually scoring, he never deserved to be yanked for the final 3 games , so these fans need to open there eyes and stop blaming luongo when the actual scoring part isn't even there.

Some of us realize that we don't have to pick one or the other. They're not Edward and who-the-heck-ever that other guy from those Twilight movies is. It is possible to appreciate and respect them both without it diminishing what we think of the other. It's just a shame so many people believe you have to pick sides.

I, for one, do believe in Schneider but I am going to miss Luo and his glove hand out of nowhere!

Luo, if you have to leave please go far away so we have the heartbreak of seeing another team's fans chanting your name as rarely as possible! :(

It's not about the fans..... when Lou didn't get to play out the playoffs the writing was on the wall.

Schneider is very technically sound, but a risk is being taken moving bobby lou and it has been handled very badly by management. We are not going to get a good return on moving a world class goaltender. Definitely a management blunder.

What I just thought of, but what if by "I think it's time to move on" he was talking about moving on from the goalie "controversy?"

Either way, I would lol if:

1) He stays and we win the Cup with him in net

2) He gets traded and wins the Vezina next season with his new team

I still hope MG doesn't make a deal, then when Schneider chokes during a long season (which he will, there is almost no chance that he will play brilliantly for 60+ games as well as the playoffs after playing a career 56 games), Luongo will step in, save the day and win back the fans.

Mark my words, the day Luongo gets traded will be a turning point in the Canucks franchise for the worse. We would be moving forward with both goalies playing as a tandem, but trading our franchise goaltender and NHL star (who will be in the top-10 by the end of his career ALL-TIME) will be the biggest step back this team can take.

Cory wont last here either.....interesting article about vancouver don't know if this has been posted if so just delete it then...

http://thehockeywrit...ks-goaltending/

After Mclean's 11 years as a Canuck we've had 25 goalies (with the Canucks organization) come and go since 1998. Only Luongo has been here the longest at 6 years... 15 guys have been here for a year or less. That's some scary stats i know were known for goalie graveyard but for a franchise to be that bad in only 14 years of perhaps letting go of their best known goalie.I just hope history doesn't repeat itself after Lu is gone.Cause if i remembered correctly Hirsch was so suppose to take over for Mclean too and we all know what happened there, he was waived 1999.

Luo is a joker and a prankster and a high end athlete /poker player/

The only way this ends well for me is if Cory gets traded and Luo and Gillis were bluffing all along.

You go with the goalie that took you to the dance and Gillis and AV were nothing without Luo.

AV figured that one out.If Luo is traded then Gillis never quite understood much at all.

What doesn't make sense to me, is that from a hockey standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to trade Schneider? I mean, it's already been made evident that Luongo can AT LEAST take us to the Cup Finals. That's better than the vast majority of starters in the league right now. Seeing that Schneider and Luongo are (arguably) neck-to-neck in skill and talent, we would most definitely get more for Schneider than we would for Luongo.

If we were to trade Schneider for an actual #1 D-Man, a legit 2nd line winger, and maybe a prospect and/or pick, you honestly can't tell me that those pieces plus already having Luongo who was 1 win away from doing everything there is to do in the NHL not make us one of the best teams in the league if not THE best in the league for next season.

the last few months he repeatedly said he is not playing for the fans, it is what it is etc (after some jeers) ......so don't tell me the fans did nothing. of course he also feels that CS jumped out from his shadow and (arguably) surpased him....but common, all the booing etc rattled his positive attitude, pride and self-conscience. and yes, that's also sth a goalie needs from a team/city/fans....not just skills

What doesn't make sense to me, is that from a hockey standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to trade Schneider? I mean, it's already been made evident that Luongo can AT LEAST take us to the Cup Finals. That's better than the vast majority of starters in the league right now. Seeing that Schneider and Luongo are (arguably) neck-to-neck in skill and talent, we would most definitely get more for Schneider than we would for Luongo.

If we were to trade Schneider for an actual #1 D-Man, a legit 2nd line winger, and maybe a prospect and/or pick, you honestly can't tell me that those pieces plus already having Luongo who was 1 win away from doing everything there is to do in the NHL not make us one of the best teams in the league if not THE best in the league for next season.

I'm not a Luongo lover, and it's not like I don't have faith in Ginger, it's just that he has not proven anything except that he is a great backup tender. Just because I don't trash talk Luongo doesn't mean I'm a Luongo lover, don't judge me.

Cory wont last here either.....interesting article about vancouver don't know if this has been posted if so just delete it then...

http://thehockeywrit...ks-goaltending/

After Mclean's 11 years as a Canuck we've had 25 goalies (with the Canucks organization) come and go since 1998. Only Luongo has been here the longest at 6 years... 15 guys have been here for a year or less. That's some scary stats i know were known for goalie graveyard but for a franchise to be that bad in only 14 years of perhaps letting go of their best known goalie.I just hope history doesn't repeat itself after Lu is gone.Cause if i remembered correctly Hirsch was so suppose to take over for Mclean too and we all know what happened there, he was waived 1999.

I refute my post in other threads saying that the fans have run him out of town. Cory Schneider is playing better thus he will get the starter's role. HOWEVER, the same fans who constantly bash Luongo should hang your heads in shame. They don't realize that Luongo was the greatest goaltender in Canucks history and gave Vancouver a solid starter for 6 years, and such criticism is unwarranted for what he has done for this team. He deserves your gratitude not endless criticism. Thank you Luongo, best of luck in the rest of your career.

Archived