The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

I was thinking about this myself, which is why I dont understand why things are unfolding the way they are, irreversibly.

In the short run, keeping Luongo and trading Schneider would be the better of the two options. It might get you the player or two that you need to take this team over the top.

I suppose keeping Schneider is a good decision in the long run since he is just starting his career, but the problem down the road would be that the prospect pool is not in good shape. Once the Sedins and Kesler are past their prime... I hate to say it, but this team could be in big trouble with or without Schnieder.

Wow that was a funny interview! Cut or uncut is pretty personal but listening to luo laugh at the question and respond with uncut in every way is sooo opposite of Bieksa and Gillis being angry at the question.

I'm so looking forward to this season like none before. The reason? because Cory Schneider is starting in net.

Why? because he was the backup. As a lifelong fan of several backup's when has this ever happened before?

Long term Schneider is definitely the way to go, but like you said, once the Sedin's and Kesler are past their prime, we have nothing - zilch. Schneider will be 33, Luongo's age, in 9 years. In 9 years:

Sedin's - 40

Burrows - 40

Kesler - 32

Bieksa - 40

Hamhuis - 38

Edler - 33

Higgins - 38

Lapierre - 33

Kassian - 30

Ballard - 38

By then, the majority of our core will be in the last year or 2 in their careers or already retired. Then there's also the likely hood of Kesler, Edler, and Lappy have already hit their pick, so they wouldn't be nearly as effective as they are now. I believe trading Schneider gives us the best chance at winning, but only because we would get way more for him than we would for Luongo.

Of course, keeping both goalies isn't a bad thing neither.... :bigblush:

Cory wont last here either.....interesting article about vancouver don't know if this has been posted if so just delete it then...

http://thehockeywrit...ks-goaltending/

After Mclean's 11 years as a Canuck we've had 25 goalies (with the Canucks organization) come and go since 1998. Only Luongo has been here the longest at 6 years... 15 guys have been here for a year or less. That's some scary stats i know were known for goalie graveyard but for a franchise to be that bad in only 14 years of perhaps letting go of their best known goalie.I just hope history doesn't repeat itself after Lu is gone.Cause if i remembered correctly Hirsch was so suppose to take over for Mclean too and we all know what happened there, he was waived 1999.

It is the media and stupid fans that are driving him out of town. He is arguably the best goalie we ever had and we treat him like this.

Shame on some of you morons.

We will always be a goalie graveyard.

Expect Cory to be run out of here before his contract ends as well

Management made the choice to jettison Luo.Specifically,Gillis.

A no-trade clause requires a player's consent before a trade involving that player is made. If a player has a no-movement clause, the player cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors without that player's approval.

Archived