The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

If he is not traded before training camp.. he will not show up.

Vigneault took this decision for him when he put Cory in for the last 3 games against LA,

He doesn t need the money I would think. So he will prefer no doubt to stay home

and not sit at the end of the bench and be harassed by media and fans all year long.

If he decided to show up It would most certainly create an atmosphere which would divide the team in 2,

The players that support Lou and the others that support Cory.

Could you see Vigneault coaching in such an atmosphere?

Also Cory being so close to Lou how would he deal with this?

This would mean drama all year long in Vancouver...

If he is not traded before training camp.. he will not show up.

Vigneault took this decision for him when he put Cory in for the last 3 games against LA,

He doesn t need the money I would think. So he will prefer no doubt to stay home

and not sit at the end of the bench and be harassed by media and fans all year long.

If he decided to show up It would most certainly create an atmosphere which would divide the team in 2,

The players that support Lou and the others that support Cory.

Could you see Vigneault coaching in such an atmosphere?

Also Cory being so close to Lou how would he deal with this?

This would mean drama all year long in Vancouver...

Roberto is most definitely funny (self deprecating type of humour, nice touch of sarcasm), relaxed, honest, articulate, and above all else, gracious. Too bad that we didn't see more of this from him over the past six seasons.

For every bad goal he let in and for every flaw in his game, he made 9+ saves (some of the spectacular variety) and worked hard to improve and compete every day he played.

In spite of being one of the leaders of the group that failed to bring the Cup to Vancouver over the past six years, he will arguably be considered the best tender we've had. As he stated, that's his biggest regret during his time in Vancouver, and as a fan of the Canucks and Luongo, I feel bad for him that he's not leaving with a ring.

Sad the inevitable will occur, but as Lu stated himself, it's time to move on...the Schneider era is upon us. I wish him great success, as long as it's not against the Canucks.

I love all the bitching!!

The one and only fact people need to know:

Luongo is the best thing this team had going for it and the media/fans ruined it. CS is an awesome goalie and pushed Lu, maybe even passing him on the chart, however until one is starter in an F'd up market like Vancouver no one can really say how good he is. The pressure, media, fans and lows this coming season will test CS and by game 82 I 100% promise someone will start a crap load of "shoulda kept Lu" threads (which personally I think is the right thing)

Ps.... He's uncut.

P.s.s..... This is all one fact, like I said.

Peace out

I'll miss you Lou, best goalie we've ever had (Better than Brodeur and McLean if anyone thinks otherwise). I wish we could keep both. It was good for the last two years having the best goaltending Vancouver has seen in 40 years!.

Just listening to the Fox on my way home for lunch and Luongo was doing his first interview since seasons end.

Asked "Any way in hell you will be in a Canucks jersey at the start of the season"

Luongo: "It's time to move on"

We all pretty much knew this was coming, I had some doubts he would be traded this year but he basically put my mind at ease with his answer to the question.

This is so very sad and to you Roberto Luongo I say thanks for everything, you will be missed and I gaurantee you will be thought of when the Vancouver Canucks become a middle of the pack team.

Exchanging CS for Luongo is like moving up from a B+ to an A- in my mind.. plus saving 1.3 mil. It makes hockey sense, I guess but I'll definitely miss Lou and wish him all the best.

Why would anybody be mad with that Luongo said about "time to move on"? Does anybody in their right mind think the Canucks were actually going to keep both of them on the roster through the season? It didn't fool me, and I'm pretty sure it didn't fool any NHL General Managers.

Alrighty there, keep on keepin' on with that sheep wool pulled over your eyes. There is a little thing called subtext, you need to read between the lines so to speak. Luongo said all but that he wants to play in Florida, while he also stated that his "preference is to play in a hockey market" (paraphrased), it was said with a little hesitation/tepidness. When he spoke of Florida you could hear the sincerity in his voice, combine that with his NTC, it doesn't take an astro physicist to predict how this will all play out; Luongo in Florida with a shallow return for the Canucks.

Roberto is most definitely funny (self deprecating type of humour, nice touch of sarcasm), relaxed, honest, articulate, and above all else, gracious. Too bad that we didn't see more of this from him over the past six seasons.

For every bad goal he let in and for every flaw in his game, he made 9+ saves (some of the spectacular variety) and worked hard to improve and compete every day he played.

In spite of being one of the leaders of the group that failed to bring the Cup to Vancouver over the past six years, he will arguably be considered the best tender we've had. As he stated, that's his biggest regret during his time in Vancouver, and as a fan of the Canucks and Luongo, I feel bad for him that he's not leaving with a ring.

Sad the inevitable will occur, but as Lu stated himself, it's time to move on...the Schneider era is upon us. I wish him great success, as long as it's not against the Canucks.

Archived