Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Luongo on the fox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
325 replies to this topic

#61 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Too many key playoff games where he had < .800 save%. Yes the team in front of him played poorly too, but that doesn't excuse him. "It's not a big deal because everyone else sucked too" isn't an excuse. That's why people dislike him, he choked in key games where we needed him. I personally don't mind Luongo, but I'm just calling it like it is.

It's not that the rest of the team's poor play Excuses Lu's bad games. It's that there's a disproportionate amount of blame leveled at him. Yes, goaltending is hugely important. That doesn't excuse the failings of the rest of the team.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#62 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

I think any thoughts that lui and schneids would both be back next year were put to rest by this
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#63 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

People who give Roberto sh*t should watch the end of season interview and see & feel the emotion in his voice when he talked about the ntc in his contract!

#64 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

The simple fact is: Schneider is a better goalie. PERIOD.

Next topic.

What did you jump on this team's bandwagon last year when they made a SCF? Have some class and respect what he did for this organization ya goof.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#65 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Too many key playoff games where he had < .800 save%. Yes the team in front of him played poorly too, but that doesn't excuse him. "It's not a big deal because everyone else sucked too" isn't an excuse. That's why people dislike him, he choked in key games where we needed him. I personally don't mind Luongo, but I'm just calling it like it is.

I don't think people should feel too sorry for him either, yes he took a lot of crap but that was while he made like 30+ million dollars. He's set for life. Not many people can say that after 6 years of work.

Those are the only games that get brought up though. There was many times when he stole key games for us like before Burrows scored the OT winner against the Blackhawks he made a terrific save on sharp that allowed us to stay in the game and a few minutes later we won it. Without that save we would have been out in the 1st round and had all these problems a whole season sooner, who knows where we'd be now.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#66 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

The notion that the 'fans have driven Luongo out of town' is asinine. If anything, the fans in Vancouver supported Luongo much, much better than he was in Florida and Long Island, by selling out every single home game. Is that not support? How would have this turned out in any other city? The exact same way. Fans as a group are no different than any other group, except in so far as some fans actually go to the games.

Newsflash......every single home game would have been sold out whether Lui was here or not - this is a HOCKEY MARKET, it's not FLA or PHO.

#67 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

If he had won the cup this wouldn't be the case. CS as our starting goalie gives us the best chance to win the cup. Shameful, that you would call reasonable people morons.

That is to be determined in how CS responds to the workload of being a number one goalie.

There is nothing reasonable with how some people are going after Luongo as if he was a failure. He is still at the top of his game and has vested a lot into this organization. He could have easily gone elsewhere but chose to stay here.

Nothing but ungrateful and classless fans here. I call them morons.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#68 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Luongo needs to keep his yapper shut until the deal gets made.

Unless something has already been signed, sealed and delivered?

As if no one knew he didn't want to be traded. If you actually thought this affected our position in trading him you're a moron and you're the one that needs to shut your yapper.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#69 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,512 posts

There's more to it than just that, it's a soundbite taken out of a larger quote.

Cfox: Any chance in hell you're in a Canucks jersey this fall?

Luongo: Never say never, but I think we all know what's going on, we've all seen what's developed. At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm ok with that. I've had a great six years in Vancouver and I think it's a wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. Sadly I could never win a cup there, which is probably my greatest regret, but it was a great six years.

Edited by elvis15, 06 July 2012 - 12:44 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#70 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

The simple fact is: Schneider is a better goalie. PERIOD.

Next topic.

lol Based on what?

Edited by Monteeun, 06 July 2012 - 12:39 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#71 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,998 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

As if no one knew he didn't want to be traded. If you actually thought this affected our position in trading him you're a moron and you're the one that needs to shut your yapper.

Slowly count to ten after a post upsets you

#72 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

From signing a 12 year deal 2 years ago to "it's time to move on"

What a flake.

Loved him for the first few years tbh.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#73 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,512 posts

There's more to it than just that, it's a soundbite taken out of a larger quote.

Cfox: Any chance in hell you're in a Canucks jersey this fall?

Luongo: Never say never, but I think we all know what's going on, we've all seen what's developed. At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm ok with that. I've had a great six years in Vancouver and I think it's a wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. Sadly I could never win a cup there, which is probably my greatest regret, but it was a great six years.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#74 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Well stated. This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time, that the idiotic media/fans rally against a player (or coach, or GM) in this town for no good reason other than the fact they've convinced each other (idiotic media/fans) that this certian person needs to go. Personally, I'd like to see several media (and thousands of fans) run out of this town myself.

If only we could do that...these idiot fans and media give Vancouver a bad reputation

#75 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I completely disagree with you. You can't say that, he did not have the same workload. That will be determined this year.

I completely disagree with you. You can't say that, he did not have the same workload. That will be determined this year.

Then tell me, why has management opted to keep Schneider instead ??

#76 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Newsflash......every single home game would have been sold out whether Lui was here or not - this is a HOCKEY MARKET, it's not FLA or PHO.

Exactly, the fans support the team, and the players, by selling out every game. There's nothing more for the fans to do.

#77 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Come on everyone here knows the only real solution to the Luongo - Schnieder issue:

Keep both and change out goalies after EVERY goal. You see this will encourage both of them to get shutouts all the time. As soon as a goal is let in its the other's turn to start a new shut out streak. What a beautifully elegant and simple solution this is! No controversy just a system that works!

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#78 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

In case people haven't been following, trade talks for Luongo are going nowhere. Teams aren't willing to offer up anything of value because they know that there's not much interest in Luongo

This at least could help bring more teams into the mix, and at least give Gillis some bargaining power.

This can only be a good thing.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#79 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

How can people not like Lou ? This guy is a class act and it really sounds like he wants to stay and have another kick at the sterling silver can.

His super competitive attitude rubs some people the wrong way. Not me, I love it.

#80 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

It was the fan base who out performed him and pushed him out of a starters position?
Oh.

I'm gonna miss Lu... But the truth is, Cory is a lot bolder, he will actually stick up for himself and won't be treated as such.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#81 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Because they believe Schneider to be the better long-term option. Doesn't mean that Schneider is better today. That still needs to be proven over the course of a full season as starter.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#82 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

The worst part about this - MG's leverage just went down. He's been saying that he would start the season with both goalies if he didn't get the package he wanted. Now one of his goalies have said 'It's time to move on".

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#83 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Same reason people don't like Joe Thornton
They ignore the facts and just hop on the bandwagon
Thornton has 86 points in 113 playoff games... He's not invisible or a choker

I know.. he's actually a good player. Almost a PPG average in his career.

But we all just call him No Show Joe because we are Canucks fans :bigblush:

zackass.png

#84 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

This was and still is in Lui's control. Have you heard of a NTC? Mgmt has nothing to do with this. I think it's more of Luongo reacting to the moron fans and media. Ungrateful and shameful. I wouldn't want to stay either.

#85 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Lu did everything in Vancouver but win a Stanley cup. Even was a team captain. Schneider has huge skates to fill if Lu gets traded.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#86 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Slowly count to ten after a post upsets you

your an idiot. you want LU traded but yet now he is saying it openly its been a good 6 years you don't like that...
U fans expect LU to just sit at home in his room and not speak to anyone. Pick on every little thing he says.

You guys don't want or like Lu but you want him to do everything for your team. If I were him, I would not care one bit about my team I am leaving because your still going to be playing for another team and could be competeing against your former team. If Lu goes to Chicago which is possible, you think he wants the Canucks to still do well and hopes he helps them out in a trade?! Get real stupid fans.

Edited by cmpunk, 06 July 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#87 ninja321

ninja321

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Lu is a class act no doubt about it.
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by Me :)

#88 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Because they believe Schneider to be the better long-term option. Doesn't mean that Schneider is better today. That still needs to be proven over the course of a full season as starter.

I disagree..Schneider is better...TODAY !!

#89 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Man I love Roberto, it's unfortunate that this whole situation is what it is.

He's a great player, a great person. Just listening to the interview, he has a great sense of humor. Wherever he goes I will still be a big fan.

I don't know how people can hate such a great great player and person.

zackass.png

#90 Linden53

Linden53

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

It's going to be done, it's all but official. Too much public attention has been given to this entire situation for it to be reversed.

Why? WHO CARES what public attention or what has been said by who? The Canucks have him under contract. IF they so choose they can park him on the bench, or play him to their heart's content. There is absolutely NO need to move Luongo now or ever. Say Luongo does tell Gillis he wants traded, and the media reports it every hour for twelve days, do you really think Gillis is going to call up Burke and say ok, 7th rounder and hes yours? HECK NO. Gillis has set his price for Bobby Lu. Sure teams are whining that its too much, but so what? Gillis owns the asset has the right to sit by and wait for the price to be paid. Luongo the media whoever can say whatever they want, Gillis is the one in total control here and he will continue to do what its best for the Canucks organization. That is to trade Luongo only if the price is right in Gillis' eyes. If Loungo holds out, the team can then suspend him, taking his cap hit off the books. ( I am no capologist but I believe there is a way for a player refusing to play to be taken off the books ) Then you have the 5.33 in cap space. Luongo has little power here, it all resides with Gillis, no matter what ANYONE says.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.