The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

<sarcasm>The media and fans ran Luongo out of town. Mike Gillis reads the Province and is like, "hmmm...I think I'll base my GM decisions on what someone writes in this paper. but just to be sure I better login to canucks.com message board to get the final and most valid opinions on what I should do as general manager of the NHL Vancouver Canucks franchise." </sarcasm>

It is the media and stupid fans that are driving him out of town. He is arguably the best goalie we ever had and we treat him like this.

Shame on some of you morons.

We will always be a goalie graveyard.

Expect Cory to be run out of here before his contract ends as well

<sarcasm>The media and fans ran Luongo out of town. Mike Gillis reads the Province and is like, "hmmm...I think I'll base my GM decisions on what someone writes in this paper. but just to be sure I better login to canucks.com message board to get the final and most valid opinions on what I should do as general manager of the NHL Vancouver Canucks franchise." </sarcasm>

completely agree. I mean Luongo at the moment has 339 career wins, 17th overall in the history of the NHL, and 2nd among active goaltenders. Only Behind Brodeur. (Link - http://www.quanthock...ns-leaders.html)

For the fans and media to not appreciate him is a disgrace. He is the best goaltender we've seen in a Canucks jersey. It is easy to blame him, but when a team can't score how can the goalie win the game...

well it's pretty much true. I mean how would you feel if you brought a team within one win of a cup, the team can't score and you do every thing you can to win (and at times win playoff series alone) yet you still get the blame for a loss?

Goaltenders get all the blame and it's just unfair. What ever/wherever Luongo goes, I wish him the best and hope he wins the cup one day.

Am getting a head of myself but Luongo leaving this summer and the potential of 5 key guys(Burrows,Edler,Higgins, Lapierre and Malhotra(Retires?)leaving next summer if not signed to extensions during the season...and definitely a weaker defense then the team that went to the finals....rebuild coming up sooner then most think.

Am getting a head of myself but Luongo leaving this summer and the potential of 3 key guys(Burrows,Edler and Higgins) leaving next summer if not signed to extensions during the season...and definitely a weaker defense then the team that went to the finals....rebuild coming up sooner then most think.

Am getting a head of myself but Luongo leaving this summer and the potential of 3 key guys(Burrows,Edler and Higgins) leaving next summer if not signed to extensions during the season...and definitely a weaker defense then the team that went to the finals....rebuild coming up sooner then most think.

Archived