The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN-TOR

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Joffrey Lupul ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / David Booth ($4.250m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Peter Mueller ($2.500m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Joe Colborne ($1.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Cody Franson ($2.500m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.900m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,945,000; BONUSES: $462,500

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $1,255,000

Luongo,Hansen,Raymonds rights, 2nd, conditional 3rd -- Lupul,Colborne,rights to Franson

Sign Mueller to 2 year 5 mil deal

Reasons for

Van gets fair return for luongo, gains a 2nd line playmaker/producer for kes, big 3rd/4th line center, and big defense prospect with rhs, covers all needs. makes team allot bigger

Tor gains an awesome goalie to help them have a fighting chance everygame, a great penalty killer who is getting offensively better and a workhorse (something they need badly), and raymond who can fit in anywhere in there lineup and i would think benefit alot playin in tor. Tor can afford to giveup lupul because of the jvr trade (i would rather jvr but i think its less likely)

Just did this quick so give feedback/flame all you want but i think its a pretty good idea overall

Burke and Gillis would have to put there egos aside tooo

Good proposal!

If we sign Meuller he could be on our second line so i'd rather this deal:

Canucks:

- Colbourne

- Franson (Rights)

- 1st Round Pick (2013)

Leafs:

- Luongo

- Raymond (Rights)

- 4th Round Pick (2014)

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows

D. Booth - R. Kesler - P. Meuller

C. Higgins - J. Colborne - J. Hansen

M. Malhotra - M. Lapierre - Z. Kassian

D. Hamhuis - K. Bieksa

A. Edler - J. Garrison

K. Ballard - C. Tanev

C. Schneider

E. Lack

yeah that would be dope to but everyone flames cap and Tor trading away there future, And Tor has to trade someone of good value and lupul is expendable because of prospects and JVR. others that could be involved would be connolly komisarek bozak a bunch of crap the nucks wouldnt take. Except a 1st round pick :P

Decent proposal but I don't see Lupul being a good fit with Kesler and Booth. Lupul is shoot first type of guy and I don't think he can skate well enough to keep up with that line. Maybe he would fit with the Sedins but I don't think Burrows is a playmaker either and that is what the 2nd line really lacks.

Lupul has great chemistry with Kessel, it's the reason they won't take him off that top line and are trying to put JVR in the middle.. So why would they want to trade him?

I'm interested in Franson for obvious reasons (He's from BC, from the same town as Shea Weber, they're friends and played together in Nashville) Colborne is a top prospect, drafted by our hated rival Boston (Great way to stick it to them is have him turn into our next gritty 3rd line center) and any level of draft pick whether it be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Other than that, what do they really have to offer? Cap dumps are not acceptable, no other players seem to be a good fit for our team. If they would even want Raymond we could toss him in there as well, maybe they could package him and try to make a run for Bobby Ryan. I just wanna see a trade happen soon though, we still need to sign a top six forward. <_<

On Toronto I wouldn't mind having

Gardiner

Ashton

Colbourne

Franson

Scrivens

Frattin

Reilly

No one else has anything to offer.

If Luongo goes to TO, I'd hope that the Leafs acquire Ryan and do a 3way. Anaheim could use a lot of Leaf players we have those spots filled already.

Good proposal!

If we sign Meuller he could be on our second line so i'd rather this deal:

Canucks:

- Colbourne

- Franson (Rights)

- 1st Round Pick (2013)

Leafs:

- Luongo

- Raymond (Rights)

- 4th Round Pick (2014)

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows

D. Booth - R. Kesler - P. Meuller

C. Higgins - J. Colborne - J. Hansen

M. Malhotra - M. Lapierre - Z. Kassian

D. Hamhuis - K. Bieksa

A. Edler - J. Garrison

K. Ballard - C. Tanev

C. Schneider

E. Lack

I think Vancouver overpays in OP's idea-- it's not far off, but not sure that we would need to have so many picks going their way. Would Toronto accept us taking out Hansen and they can take out Franson?

i.e. Raymond + 2nd for Colborne (if Raymond plays up to form as a 50-point guy again, which is doable out East, we overpay IMO)

Lu, cond. 3rd for Lup (straight up hockey trade, they fix their goalie issue and we take back a contract which is still somewhat heavy, as is Lu's contract, but both sides get what they want-- the pick goes their way b/c it's tougher to find a point/ game scorer than a starting goalie still, despite the shrinking market)

Archived